this isn't a problem for me. UK, EE
    08-09-17 02:55 PM
    The point being what?
    That people need to grow up, the phone has issues period. Kevin or Crackberry or anything else will not change it. Nor will it force TCL to do anything.
    08-09-17 03:02 PM
    Thanks for that video editorial!!! I hope they notice that and launch a software upgrade to fix the signal antenna issue!
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-09-17 03:05 PM
    Lol some of you guys are killing me. When the iPhone 4 had this issue it was obliterated in here as being unacceptable and a reason BlackBerry's were superior. People still cite "you're holding it wrong" (even though that's not what Jobs said). One of the long running points for why to use a BlackBerry was because of their "ability to get service where other phones can't".

Now that a BlackBerry has this issue it's being said that "all phones have this issue to some degree." Priceless.

This phone has reception issues. I'd get no service where I got service with other phones and countless others have reported the same issue.
    Only a "handful", donnation, say it with me now...

That people need to grow up, the phone has issues period. Kevin or Crackberry or anything else will not change it. Nor will it force TCL to do anything.
    Oh dear.

Thank goodness manufacturers don't have this attitude, we'd all be screwed.

If the display issue forced them to do something, more people reporting the signal issues of the K1 will also force to do something.
    08-09-17 03:11 PM
    I have noticed a huge difference between my PRIV and KEYone. The PRIV would never lose a signal in my basement office, ever. The KEYone is so bad, I can't even take calls in my office and have to go upstairs or outside to have a call because of fear of it dropping.

As much as I think the KEYone is a great device overall, one area it certainly doesn't shine, is being a phone.
    08-09-17 03:24 PM

Oh dear.

If the display issue forced them to do something, more people reporting the signal issues of the K1 will also force to do something.
    Unfortunately this won't help the people that have already purchased the KEYone. Unless they can somehow improve the signal strength through software, we're probably out of luck.
    08-09-17 03:26 PM
    I see. Grown up people do not talk about negative experiences with products, nor do they share these with others. In your opinion.
    Also, asking the site that proudly announced to taking over handling of support requests from the former manufacturer, to step up and help frustrated users to make the current manufacturer move and correct faulty products, is improper. In your opinion.
    And, telling the manufacturer that they released a faulty product, and requesting it to be fixed, is pointless, as the manufacturer will not move. In your opinion.

What, in your opinion, is allowed to be reported on/discussed in a support forum slash fan site? Maybe we can discuss what we had for dinner last evening, and whether or not it was good.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    08-09-17 03:38 PM
    I am presently in the Movistar Argentina 4G network.
    Using the Network Cell info app I did not get any signal strength drop when holding the Keyone in the way the video shows.
    could this only affect signal strenth under certain carriers or LTE bands (here I use band 4).
    Calls don" drop and have compared signal strength with my Priv. The Priv has usually 1 more bar, but drops calls every now and then, while the Keyone rarely does so.
    It is true that my Classic was much better in this matter done both the Priv and Keyone.
    08-09-17 03:48 PM
    I see. Grown up people do not talk about negative experiences with products, nor do they share these with others. In your opinion.
    Also, asking the site that proudly announced to taking over handling of support requests from the former manufacturer, to step up and help frustrated users to make the current manufacturer move and correct faulty products, is improper. In your opinion.
    And, telling the manufacturer that they released a faulty product, and requesting it to be fixed, is pointless, as the manufacturer will not move. In your opinion.

What, in your opinion, is allowed to be reported on/discussed in a support forum slash fan site? Maybe we can discuss what we had for dinner last evening, and whether or not it was good.
    That's not what I said. Have a nice day
    08-09-17 03:56 PM
    Unfortunately this won't help the people that have already purchased the KEYone. Unless they can somehow improve the signal strength through software, we're probably out of luck.
    They could do some software tweaks, they have multiple antenna bands to play with, that is if all 4 are used to manage the RF, and then maybe give away some bumpers to those who are not happy with the signal.

If this phone is being aimed mainly at business and productivity, they can't be having this issue at all as many of us who work in large buildings and/or live in houses with thick brick and cement walls will have reception issues. In fact the KEYOne should be well ahead in RF vs. all the "slabs" in reception. With a huge 3505mAh battery they can also surely spare some energy for the antennas to work harder at maintaining a far better signal.

My suspicion is that the Snapdragon 625 SoC comes with a weak modem and doesn't have the power to put in on maintaining signal in some areas.

Those of you with weak reception on K1, does the phone get a little warm when its signal is weak or lost?
    08-09-17 03:57 PM

Oh dear.

Again, what do you want Kevin to do. TCL is aware of the issue. Let me be blunt, this is a middle of the road Phone and early adapters always have issues. In stead of crying about what other people should or should not do. Post your issues and move on, problem with phone? Here is a novel approach, send it back under warranty.
    08-09-17 04:00 PM
    Those of you with weak reception on K1, does the phone get a little warm when its signal is weak or lost?
    I didn't notice any of the three that I tested to get warm while constantly switching from service to no service and back.
    However, I might get one more for testing in the next days, from a newer production date, an I will pay special attention to that (except in case the problem doesn't reoccur of course (wishful thinking)).
    08-09-17 04:07 PM
    Again, what do you want Kevin to do. TCL is aware of the issue. Let me be blunt, this is a middle of the road Phone and early adapters always have issues. In stead of crying about what other people should or should not do. Post your issues and move on, problem with phone? Here is a novel approach, send it back under warranty.
    What issue are they aware of? As I have not seen them say anything about the signal issue.

Isn't the point of a forum for people to share their experiences, positive, negative or from a mixed perspective?

I personally love that, as it is I keep up with S7E, S8+, XZ Premium, K1 and Note 8 forums, and enjoy taking in the mix of views in each. In every forum there are key issues that we share and post our perspective.

Here's a novel approach for you, ignore the negative posts.
    cribble2k likes this.
    08-09-17 04:09 PM
    What issue are they aware of? As I have not seen them say anything about the signal issue.

Isn't the point of a forum for people to share their experiences, positive, negative or from a mixed perspective?

I personally love that, as it is I keep up with S7E, S8+, XZ Premium, K1 and Note 8 forums, and enjoy taking in the mix of views in each. In every forum there are key issues that we share and post our perspective.

Here's a novel approach for you, ignore the negative posts.
    That's not what I said, post about signal issues have been put for awhile just not here. My original post was based on the crying that Kevin should be leading a charge against TCL. That was my whole point, people with problems should post, but to blame others for no action from TCL is a bit much.
    08-09-17 04:13 PM
    I didn't notice any of the three that I tested to get warm while constantly switching from service to no service and back.
    However, I might get one more for testing in the next days, from a newer production date, an I will pay special attention to that (except in case the problem doesn't reoccur of course (wishful thinking)).
    Now this is what I have picked up, with each signal complaint it seems there's no heat or even a bit of warmth coming from the phone.

Usually phones tend to work harder to maintain signal, even if it means EDGE, and bouncing up and down like that causes the SoC to work harder.

With the K1 it sounds as if RF is not a major priority to the phone, very weird.
    08-09-17 04:15 PM
    What do I want Kevin/CB to do? Perform an 'insane reception test' maybe'?
    What do I want TCL to do? Release a statement to be aware of and working on the issue, maybe?
    Both did not happen, despite people here 'crying' about the issues.
    Sending the phone back under warranty: been there, done that. Thanks for the advice. Is it conceivable that I still want this / such a phone, but there are no alternatives?
    Hint for people who think there's too much crying and too many unreasonable requests in this thread: check out from thread, move over to more convenient discussions.
    08-09-17 04:22 PM
    Now this is what I have picked up, with each signal complaint it seems there's no heat or even a bit of warmth coming from the phone.

Usually phones tend to work harder to maintain signal, even if it means EDGE, and bouncing up and down like that causes the SoC to work harder.

With the K1 it sounds as if RF is not a major priority to the phone, very weird.
    We had three as test beds before we bought another phone for our company. The Phone seemed to have tower scanning issues. Once locked and the signal started to drop, such as a hand on the bottom. The phone would not look for another signal. That's more software and some hard ware
    08-09-17 04:23 PM
    What do I want Kevin/CB to do? Perform an 'insane reception test' maybe'?
    What do I want TCL to do? Release a statement to be aware of and working on the issue, maybe?
    Both did not happen, despite people here 'crying' about the issues.
    Sending the phone back under warranty: been there, done that. Thanks for the advice. Is it conceivable that I still want this / such a phone, but there are no alternatives?
    Hint for people who think there's too much crying and too many unreasonable requests in this thread: check out from thread, move over to more convenient discussions.
    I think issues are fine to write about , just crying about some doing something about it is nuts.
    08-09-17 04:24 PM
    That's not what I said, post about signal issues have been put for awhile just not here. My original post was based on the crying that Kevin should be leading a charge against TCL. That was my whole point, people with problems should post, but to blame others for no action from TCL is a bit much.
    Nobody is blaming Kevin, BUT, people are wondering why isn't there more of a push from CB to get answers from BB/TCL.

You know one thing I have found in my own little experience with clients is that communication is key. Things could fall apart dramatically but being transparent and communicative goes a long way

Key example? Samsung. The Note7 battery situation was an utter disaster, but the company had their Social Media guys constantly on it, people were given new phones, they also openly spoke to media, did a thorough report and put together a way forward from that point.

Now the K1 issues are NOT Note7 bad, but for such a niche product, lack of communication with passionate users like the CB Community can lead down a terrible road.

Loads of people here making grudge purchases of competitor slabs, when all they want is their K1 with the PKB and Battery Life they enjoy.
    08-09-17 04:27 PM
    Nobody is blaming Kevin, BUT, people are wondering why isn't there more of a push from CB to get answers from BB/TCL.

You know one thing I have found in my own little experience with clients is that communication is key. Things could fall apart dramatically but being transparent and communicative goes a long way

Key example? Samsung. The Note7 battery situation was an utter disaster, but the company had their Social Media guys constantly on it, people were given new phones, they also openly spoke to media, did a thorough report and put together a way forward from that point.

Now the K1 issues are NOT Note7 bad, but for such a niche product, lack of communication with passionate users like the CB Community can lead down a terrible road.

Loads of people here making grudge purchases of competitor slabs, when all they want is their K1 with the PKB and Battery Life they enjoy.
    No doubt, but one must be careful to bite the hand that feeds you. I think TCL has been terrible about every issue period. While I did not expect anything different from them, we use some of their commercial products. There service is terrible, response is always behind the curve.

While we now have well over 800 I phones in service, I remember an issues popped up. We called our Apple rep. He came over new phones and a fix for the others if it happened. None of this head in the sand.
    08-09-17 04:31 PM
    No doubt, but one must be careful to bite the hand that feeds you. I think TCL has been terrible about every issue period. While I did not expect anything different from them, we use some of their commercial products. There service is terrible, response is always behind the curve.
    Let's hope they at the very least learn from this.

It would just be terrible for the BB name to be rubbed further in the mud by some licensee, due to poor Quality Check processes and then to add insult to injury, be poor at handling the backlash.

Maybe this should be more of a way to make TCL aware of their poor communication, they took on a big task handling the building of such a niche brand.
    08-09-17 04:37 PM
    Let's hope they at the very least learn from this.

It would just be terrible for the BB name to be rubbed further in the mud by some licensee, due to poor Quality Check processes and then to add insult to injury, be poor at handling the backlash.

Maybe this should be more of a way to make TCL aware of their poor communication, they took on a big task handling the building of such a niche brand.
    I hate to say this, but I think it's the corporate way of doing things
    08-09-17 04:42 PM
    I think issues are fine to write about , just crying about some doing something about it is nuts.
    Ok one step further now.
    But why is it not reasonable to ask the site that is for users (what else is a blog, support and discussion site for), to just report on an issue with a product, in order to make it more publicly known, to inform other potential buyers that there might be an issue, to increase pressure on the manufacturer to address the issue?
    Don't you think this would accelerate the process? Don't you think that by ignoring the problem, the reputation of the site might suffer?

Will only post on the actual subject of the thread from now on. Too many cycles spent off topic already.
    08-09-17 04:43 PM
    Ok one step further now.
    But why is it not reasonable to ask the site that is for users (what else is a blog, support and discussion site for), to just report on an issue with a product, in order to make it more publicly known, to inform other potential buyers that there might be an issue, to increase pressure on the manufacturer to address the issue?
    Don't you think this would accelerate the process? Don't you think that by ignoring the problem, the reputation of the site might suffer?

Will only post on the actual subject of the thread from now on. Too many cycles spent off topic already.
    Not really, hard to bite the hand that feeds you
    08-09-17 04:45 PM
    One word. Problematic.
    08-09-17 05:54 PM
136 1234 ...