New to the site.

I'm on my 3rd Keyone (the other two were both returned for malfunctions that couldn't be fixed over the phone, stuck in bootloader etc). But, I'm hanging in!

The worst issue I have now (which I've had since this unit arrived) is streaming sites like Netflix, YouTube and Amazon Prime will only load over wifi - not using cellular ie.

I spent hours on the phone to T- Mobile who ran numerous tests, not them they say. Then a nice tech guy at Amazon spent a good long while with me trying everything he could think of - not an app issue he says. Finally, I called Blackberry and spent over an hour on the phone with a good guy who tried everything he could to fix it, including factory re-set etc. He has escalated the issue to his manager but I'm guessing it'll be another handset return for me.

I thought I'd try a hail Mary and see if anyone on here has had a similar issue - I've searched forums and can't find anything that helps.

All permissions have been set and reset (Blackberry tech support tried everything twice!) and T Mobile has no data issues (my data plan is unlimited etc).

Issue: Keyone on T Mobile USA.
    Video streaming apps (YT, Netflix, Amazon Prime) will not play video over cellular. No issues over wifi. Makes no difference if I go in via browser or directly thru 3rd party app.
    Note: If I play a Thomas and Friends video via Nickleodean's O+O URL - ie if I'm native to their own embedded player on their site - it WILL work over cellular.

Any insights from any of the boffins on here greatly appreciated by me (and the other passengers sitting near my children on the flight back to London this Christmas!).

Thank you.
    10-27-18 03:40 PM
    New to the site.

I'm on my 3rd Keyone (the other two were both returned for malfunctions that couldn't be fixed over the phone, stuck in bootloader etc). But, I'm hanging in!

The worst issue I have now (which I've had since this unit arrived) is streaming sites like Netflix, YouTube and Amazon Prime will only load over wifi - not using cellular ie.

I spent hours on the phone to T- Mobile who ran numerous tests, not them they say. Then a nice tech guy at Amazon spent a good long while with me trying everything he could think of - not an app issue he says. Finally, I called Blackberry and spent over an hour on the phone with a good guy who tried everything he could to fix it, including factory re-set etc. He has escalated the issue to his manager but I'm guessing it'll be another handset return for me.

I thought I'd try a hail Mary and see if anyone on here has had a similar issue - I've searched forums and can't find anything that helps.

All permissions have been set and reset (Blackberry tech support tried everything twice!) and T Mobile has no data issues (my data plan is unlimited etc).

Issue: Keyone on T Mobile USA.
    Video streaming apps (YT, Netflix, Amazon Prime) will not play video over cellular. No issues over wifi. Makes no difference if I go in via browser or directly thru 3rd party app.
    Note: If I play a Thomas and Friends video via Nickleodean's O+O URL - ie if I'm native to their own embedded player on their site - it WILL work over cellular.

Any insights from any of the boffins on here greatly appreciated by me (and the other passengers sitting near my children on the flight back to London this Christmas!).

Thank you.
    Have you gone into the internal settings within the app and checked or unchecked the appropriate checkbox that permits or denies accordingly
    10-28-18 01:25 PM