OK, I have spent 3 days fighting with Android to get all my notifications properly setup across applications.

For the life of me, I can't seem to find any equivalent to the BB10 Vibrate only mode.

Is there such a thing, or am I SOL?
    06-03-17 10:33 PM
    OK, I have spent 3 days fighting with Android to get all my notifications properly setup across applications.

For the life of me, I can't seem to find any equivalent to the BB10 Vibrate only mode.

Is there such a thing, or am I SOL?
    Yes. When you hit the volume buttons it will bring down a notification bell. If you tap on the actual bell itself on the top left you can toggle it between sound, vibrate and silent.
    06-03-17 10:36 PM
    Yes. When you hit the volume buttons it will bring down a notification bell. If you tap on the actual bell itself on the top left you can toggle it between sound, vibrate and silent.
    Ah Thank you. Now it seems to be for ringer only. Is there an equivalent for notifications? In BB10, it would silence all notifications and vibrate only.
    06-03-17 10:58 PM
    Ah Thank you. Now it seems to be for ringer only. Is there an equivalent for notifications? In BB10, it would silence all notifications and vibrate only.
    It should do that for all notifications. Which are still making a sound for you when you have that set on vibrate?
    06-03-17 10:59 PM
    It should do that for all notifications. Which are still making a sound for you when you have that set on vibrate?
    OK, it worked. I assumed because it said ringer, and there were two other dials, it didn't apply to notifications, but it does.
    06-03-17 11:12 PM
    OK, it worked. I assumed because it said ringer, and there were two other dials, it didn't apply to notifications, but it does.
    okay great.
    06-03-17 11:13 PM
    okay great.
    Thank you, I had been trying to find vibrate only for so long too. How to set to Phone Call only mode? Don't want to hear any notifies sound.
    06-03-17 11:30 PM
    Thank you, I had been trying to find vibrate only for so long too. How to set to Phone Call only mode? Don't want to hear any notifies sound.
    So you mean phone calls only? Swipe down from the top twice or once with two fingers. You will see do not disturb. Click on it and you can set alarms only or priority only which is phone call or you can edit other things as priority under more settings. See pic below.
    Attached Thumbnails Vibrate only mode?-6289.jpg  
    06-03-17 11:46 PM
    You can also put it in vibrate only mode by just holding the down volume until you see the bell icon change to vibrate.
    06-03-17 11:50 PM
    This is another thing I hate about the android. There's really no configuration for notifications except for a few. Another thing I hate is that although it has RGB LED light for notifications, there's no way you can customize it to what color you want for which app. It's all 'pre-set'.
    06-04-17 12:45 AM
    This is another thing I hate about the android. There's really no configuration for notifications except for a few. Another thing I hate is that although it has RGB LED light for notifications, there's no way you can customize it to what color you want for which app. It's all 'pre-set'.
    Yes, BB10 was so much better wrt notifications. You are able to set vibrate and led colours through accounts and Hub. I am now using textra for SMS which also supports led colour and custom notifcations. Ironically, BBM is not nearly as configurable unless I'm missing something. The settings are all over the place, and not everything is properly supported. That is by far the most frustrating thing so far for me.
    06-04-17 12:54 AM
    Try the 'LightFlow' app.
    06-04-17 01:14 AM
    Try the 'LightFlow' app.
    I fiddled with it earlier. It seems that in order to use it properly, you need to disable the 50,000 places in apps where the notifications are currently configured. It also wasn't clear to me if I could create contact specific alerts, something I use for PagerDuty etc.

I will have to try it again to see if I can figure out the hierarchical order of notification priorities.
    06-04-17 10:07 AM