Hi all,

Long time Blackberry user - been through Storm, Bold 9700, Bold 9900, Z10, Passport and currently Priv. Priv is a disaster. So laggy, some hardware issues with touch screen not working until you reboot it 3 times, etc.

Anyway, not a huge fan of Android as it is so laggy (or at least has been my experience on Priv). Particular times where it`s terribly laggy to open apps : SnapChat - anything snapchat is super super slow. I also am not a fan of the slider keyboard - most of the time I end up using the VKB, which results in higher error rate, etc.

Will I see a huge improvement in lag and performance on a K1 Black? I have seen some benchmarks that show the K1 a bit behind in scores versus the Priv, which is concerning, however real world users seem to say otherwise. I have used a K1 in store and felt it was really snappy, but then again all phones are snappy on a fresh OS install...

Any help would be appreciated! I may wait for black friday deals to pick up a K1 if they come on sale...
    10-16-17 02:15 PM
    no lag so far a cpl weeks in with a 4gb model. feels faster than my priv by far
    nvestn likes this.
    10-16-17 02:33 PM
    I had an almost identical upgrade path as you except I never got a passport and instead a q10. Anyway, the k1 black is definitely much much faster then the priv. I havent been able to notice any lag at all and I already transferred everything from my old PRIV that I had running. Battery life is so much better as well even with using it. I do not need to charge it during the day anymore and would even last into the next if I somehow forgot to charge it.

thewird
    10-17-17 02:53 PM
    The KEYone out performs the Priv by a long shot. I would not be worried about lag as I took the same upgrade path as you are thinking about and not one single issue compared to the Priv.
    10-17-17 02:56 PM
    I also had a PRIV and Dtek 60 prior and the K1 Black out performs them both. love the battery alone.
    10-17-17 03:26 PM
    have the keyone, coming from Passport and Q10. no lag to report here. and I'm using the 3GB/32storage version.
    10-17-17 05:33 PM
    Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback... I will see if prices come down for black friday... Should be able to hold out with the PRIV for a few more weeks

Cheers
    10-17-17 07:19 PM
    Hi all,

Long time Blackberry user - been through Storm, Bold 9700, Bold 9900, Z10, Passport and currently Priv. Priv is a disaster. So laggy, some hardware issues with touch screen not working until you reboot it 3 times, etc.

Anyway, not a huge fan of Android as it is so laggy (or at least has been my experience on Priv). Particular times where it`s terribly laggy to open apps : SnapChat - anything snapchat is super super slow. I also am not a fan of the slider keyboard - most of the time I end up using the VKB, which results in higher error rate, etc.

Will I see a huge improvement in lag and performance on a K1 Black? I have seen some benchmarks that show the K1 a bit behind in scores versus the Priv, which is concerning, however real world users seem to say otherwise. I have used a K1 in store and felt it was really snappy, but then again all phones are snappy on a fresh OS install...

Any help would be appreciated! I may wait for black friday deals to pick up a K1 if they come on sale...
    The mainly issue of Priv is overheat and laggy before I sold it.
    I never encounter overheat issue on my K1, but in terms of performance, it's still not very smooth compare with other Android phone, but I just like its keyboard.
    Last edited by sadiku; 10-17-17 at 11:00 PM.
    10-17-17 07:56 PM
    Had my KEYone since May and no lag. Works great. My Priv did not have much lag either but it would heat up a little during app updates. I did not game with it.
    10-17-17 11:02 PM
    No lag for me.
    Came from Priv.
    Keyone is a MUCH better phone!
    10-17-17 11:06 PM
    No lag from me either coming from Priv previously which was good but had inconsistent performancd.

like said above, Keyone not the fastest device out there but it's a solid performer! To date it's up there with the best phone I've used, and the battery life is amazing!
    10-18-17 07:23 AM
    I upgraded from a Priv about a month ago. I had a Z10, a Passport, then the Priv. My Priv had also started to lag and overheat especially when using Google Maps and a streaming app like Pandora or iheart radio. That particular combination would "immobilize my mobile". With the battery life being so short on the Priv, I had to ration my phone use, always worried that I would not have enough battery life. So I've been carrying an external battery, a portable charger ever since I got the Priv.
    Now with KEYone, what a difference! it runs really smoothly with occasional lag, but not much. The battery life is truly insane. I have not had to recharge my phone during the daytime once since I got it. I can run Maps and Pandora and there's no problem. I'm starting to use my phone more and I'm slowly becoming less anal about battery usage. The phone will last all day no matter how much I use it! I love the KEYone! It's replaced the Passport as my all time favorite phone
    10-18-17 09:11 PM
    I'd been sing Priv for a few months, and now using KEYOne LE. IMO, KEYOne out performs Priv. Priv used to getting hot and drain battery quickly if a lot of apps running in background. As many people point out that it's due to the Qualcomm 808/810 flaw.
    10-18-17 11:35 PM
    Performance-wise the KEYone is pretty top notch. Zips through things really fast.

The keyboard is definitely a disappointment though.
    10-19-17 01:38 AM
    My KEYᵒⁿᵉ is much snappier than my PRIV and is without the overheating. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ battery takes the stress out of my life because it lasts so long. Are you thinking of the black KEYᵒⁿᵉ with 4 gig ram? That would surely outperform the PRIV.
    10-19-17 02:43 AM
    Hi all,

From what I hear, snapchat is bad on android in general (they say snapchat on ios runs a lot smoother, I don't use it so I don't know for sure) but given the chip used on the Priv, it's probably even worse on there. But snapchat aside, the KEYone should generally run a whole lot smoother than the Priv for sure just off the more efficient chip and the newer os alone.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 03:50 AM
    If you think snapchat is bad on Android, just try it on BB10 and you'll appreciate the Android version 100x. But yes, snapchat is focused on IOS almost exclusively.
    10-19-17 07:13 AM
    I just moved from the Priv to the K1. waaaaaaaay better. It feels more solid In the hand and actually feels more premium than the Priv. Bought outright from ATT for 495. I have not seen any noticeable lag, but with this being android, it's bound to happen at some point. yaaay, android......
    10-19-17 07:55 AM
    I never cared for the Priv, but the K1 is great. Running BlackBerry Launcher and HUB, I get a second or two of lag once in a while, but it's not bad at all.
    10-19-17 08:16 AM
    The PRIV is a beautiful device, and has a lot of very cool features, however it indeed gets laggy at times due to the disastrous SD808. I have both, the PRIV and the KEYone, and the KEYone definitely performs much better. I keep the PRIV because I love the typing experience, the beautiful Amoled display, and I use the SlimPort quite often.
    10-19-17 08:18 AM