So I was all giddy when I got home because my new K1 was waiting for me from BestBuy. I ordered what was supposed to be a Verizon phone but my SIM doesn't aquire the signal. How do you tell which network the phone is made for?
    07-20-17 07:17 PM
    Did you try a reboot while the sim is in the phone.
    The GSM model number is bbb100-1
    07-20-17 07:27 PM
    I did, and this is a bbb100-1. Looks like I got the wrong phone. What is the Verizon device model number?
    07-20-17 07:31 PM
    I tried looking around no luck check the best buy sku that you purchased.
    07-20-17 08:00 PM
    I did, and this is a bbb100-1. Looks like I got the wrong phone. What is the Verizon device model number?
    bbb100-3
    07-20-17 08:56 PM
    So I was all giddy when I got home because my new K1 was waiting for me from BestBuy. I ordered what was supposed to be a Verizon phone but my SIM doesn't aquire the signal. How do you tell which network the phone is made for?
    Wait, Verizon phones now have a Sim card?
    07-20-17 09:03 PM
    And 100-2 BTW
    07-20-17 09:58 PM
    And 100-2 BTW
    I should clarify sorry
    100-1 and 100-2 are both GSM and will work in North North America America
    07-20-17 10:00 PM
    Wait, Verizon phones now have a Sim card?
    Yes. Actually, they've accepted sim cards for a number of models including the Z10 and Z30. And I don't remember the bbOS phones but I think so. You could use Verizon phones in europe as far back as the 8830 World Edition.

And just in case anyone cares to know, I have a T-mobile sim card in my CDMA (Verizon capable) KeyOne.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    07-21-17 12:15 AM
    So, after a few hours of tooling around with the K1, I'll be sending here back today from whence she came. website says the Verizon version is sold out, but that's really ok. I didn't say WOW when I used it. The K1 looks PREMIUM! And feels premium. But, I had a pixel line down the right side of the screen from first power up. It's a device, and things happen, so return for a new new device is not a big deal.

However, what I've learned is the K1 is just not for me. Better keyboard, yes. But, what I discovered is that I really just want a PRIV 2 that can keep up with me. I heard the PRIV 2 will ship in the same box as the real live miniature Unicorn my daughter wants.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-21-17 06:56 AM
    So, after a few hours of tooling around with the K1, I'll be sending here back today from whence she came. website says the Verizon version is sold out, but that's really ok. I didn't say WOW when I used it. The K1 looks PREMIUM! And feels premium. But, I had a pixel line down the right side of the screen from first power up. It's a device, and things happen, so return for a new new device is not a big deal.

However, what I've learned is the K1 is just not for me. Better keyboard, yes. But, what I discovered is that I really just want a PRIV 2 that can keep up with me. I heard the PRIV 2 will ship in the same box as the real live miniature Unicorn my daughter wants.
    Love the last line!

Did you put in your IMEI number on the Verizon BYOB page before trying to activate it with the SIM card in?

Edit: nevermind. I overlooked that you bought the wrong model.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 07:10 AM