No case, no problems, even in weak areas.
    07-18-17 11:38 AM
    Called BBRY Mobile as was having issue with phone going to 1x and calls not being able to be placed in decent coverage areas but always indoor, like in a major airport, or a grocery store. It would say call cannot be completed or such. I opened a ticket, and they are quite responsive if you have an issue. While they are involving the tier 3 support regarding the 311480 not showing up on PLMN list after reboot, they asked to swap SIM cards and I went to a Verizon store to do this. The NFC cards for android devices would not work and they had to use a non NFC card usually for apple iphones and trick the system so to speak as explained by the rep and it worked. What is interesting is there is no info on the PLMN screen now. It is blank, but it shows correctly everywhere else as 311480 like with the dialing instructions above and the phone seems to connect better as well as others can hear me more clearly in closed rooms and other similar spaces, where prior they had a hard time. The ticket is still open as the security update still shows April, and they said it should show June or July.

Also they confirmed (BBRY Mobile that is) that the wifi calling will not work for ATT nor verizon, and he had no info as whether it will ever work
    I'm on Verizon with my new K1 and my wifi calling IS working. I have my cell data turned off and am making calls and receiving call successfully. My HPLMN setting is showing 311480
    07-18-17 01:45 PM
    Also, I never had to add the 311480 in HPLMN, it is already there, but. I did take the K1 into the Vzn store right after I purchased it from Best Buy, and they added the compatible new Sim car for my K1. My *Visual Voicemail doesn't not work, nor HD calling, BUT my wifi calling DOES work (* I use YouMail for VV- more features than regular VV and I already had subscribed to YouMail when I got my PRIV, which also wouldn't work with VV)
    07-18-17 01:55 PM
    I'm getting about as many bars on my KEYone as on my iPhone 6S. If anything, I'm seeing more on the KEYone. Getting about LTE -100 on signal strength which seems fine. Not great. but fine.
    -100 signal strength is actually pretty good. Depending on where you are located, the design standard is often -105.
    07-18-17 02:16 PM
    I created a shortcut to my PLMN list and have manually added 311480 as described above. (I have to reload it every time my keyone reboots). Without this in the list I can confirm that I routinely drop calls. For example if it is not in the PLMN I have a signal of -100 sitting in my office at work. When I go to the center of the building I have no service (signal at -140). But when 311480 is in the PLMN and I go to the center of the building my signal is alternating between 3G and 1X and I can make phone calls. Also I do not have my Keyone in a case. In the office sitting on the desk I have the -100 signal, but when I hold it in my hand the signal drops to -106. Also with 311480 I have LTE+ signal.
    Last edited by RadioTech; 07-18-17 at 09:22 PM.
    07-18-17 09:06 PM
    Today I was in downtown Chicago (Streeterville) inside the ACE Hardware buying some light bulbs. I could not remember what size I was supposed to get so I tried to call home. The signal was -90 at 3 bars. The call connected but then started cutting out and then the call failed. My friend was with me and he took out his Verizon IPhone and called for me and the call went through fine. He also had 3 bars. So something is still not right. But I am connecting in HD according to the indicator on the phone.
    07-22-17 09:10 PM
    ALL of the KEYone's have crappy signal reception and this is a huge disappointment. There are numerous posts about the GSM variant's signal reception issues.
    I'm with Rogers Wireless and have amazing reception!!! Look full bars!!! The next update should remedy the reception issue! Sounds like the power is not being utilized in the internal Radio! I think the power needs to be increased so the radio captures signal better! It could be the way the battery power is controlled in the device!?
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon reception bad returning phone for refund-10795.jpg  
    07-23-17 06:33 AM
    Follow Up: I've been using the K1 on Verizon for a few weeks now and while the call quality/dropping issues are not as frequent as they were out of the box the phone still has performance issues where my Samsung S7 did not. Since I do love the PKB I've decided to deal with the occasional broken up voice quality, folks on the other end saying they can't hear me and the dreaded call drop.

I will say that if any other major manufacturer comes out with a PKB that compares I'll be gone that day just to get perfect call quality back.
    07-27-17 07:15 AM
    out of curiosity could someone with BBB100-3 on verizon check their MCCMNC(dial code *#*#46368676#*#* then click on current MBN config). It should be 311480 with MBN Vzw_hVoLTE. Then create a shortcut to your preferred network lists (using the app shortcut master lite) and check that the 311480 is listed under your PLMN (activity name is com.qualcomm.qti.phonefeature.AppGlobals.UserPLMNL istPreference). I found that 311480 wasn't there so I added it and I have no longer had any CDMA issues. Very odd.
    what are the cdma issues you were having? what does this actually do ?
    07-27-17 11:55 AM
    what are the cdma issues you were having? what does this actually do ?
    I could never get it to switch to 3g it was either LTE or nothing but it seems to have resolved after wipe and autoloader.
    07-27-17 12:12 PM
    It's finally time for me to give up on this phone. After hours of trying everything suggested in this thread todays failure is the last straw.

It's been a continuing saga for me here on this thread and I'm sick of the issues this phone has.

This morning when I left the house the phone would not switch into 4G mode. Wifi off made no difference. As a result I spent 9 hours without the ability to text or use any web based features. While it might not sound like a big deal for a casual user I'm a business user and this is a real problem.

I've tried everything and given this phone more of my time than it deserves in addition to having to hold it a special way so as not to touch the sides of the phone and screw up the already bad reception.

At this point I'll take an old Samsung S5 over the Keyone. At least it will work every time I pick it up.

Look for this one on eBay. It's in perfect physical condition and even comes with a Blackberry Folio Case. The loss I'm going to take on the phone is minor compared to the loss of revenue this phone has caused for me.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    08-04-17 06:17 PM
    It's finally time for me to give up on this phone. After hours of trying everything suggested in this thread todays failure is the last straw.

It's been a continuing saga for me here on this thread and I'm sick of the issues this phone has.

This morning when I left the house the phone would not switch into 4G mode. Wifi off made no difference. As a result I spent 9 hours without the ability to text or use any web based features. While it might not sound like a big deal for a casual user I'm a business user and this is a real problem.

I've tried everything and given this phone more of my time than it deserves in addition to having to hold it a special way so as not to touch the sides of the phone and screw up the already bad reception.

At this point I'll take an old Samsung S5 over the Keyone. At least it will work every time I pick it up.

Look for this one on eBay. It's in perfect physical condition and even comes with a Blackberry Folio Case. The loss I'm going to take on the phone is minor compared to the loss of revenue this phone has caused for me.
    Did you ever call Verizon or TCL to see what they could do to resolve your problem?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-04-17 06:25 PM
    Did you ever call Verizon or TCL to see what they could do to resolve your problem?
    Yep! It would be a major issue for anyone, and probably a hardware problem. Hate for someone to buy it, and have the same with no recourse.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    08-04-17 06:38 PM
    Been on the phone with Blackberry and Verizon for hours. Have had trouble tickets with both. Only a minor improvement over the out of the box performance.

Look back at my previous posts. My issues are well documented here.

Enough is enough.

I really wanted this to work but at this point the hardware does not perform even to a minimal standard.

This phone can go on to someone that has the time and desire to be a wet nurse to it.
    08-04-17 06:51 PM
    There is a theory on here now that holding the phone drops the signal. Like iPhone gate.
    My k1 black arrived today, went from Passport, I'm sitting in same spot with K1 and bars act similar to PPSE, with Ringle case on, I'll know more when I get back to work, I drive all around. My Sim is through Mint which uses TMobile and I'm in usa.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-05-17 01:51 AM
    My k1 black arrived today, went from Passport, I'm sitting in same spot with K1 and bars act similar to PPSE, with Ringle case on, I'll know more when I get back to work, I drive all around. My Sim is through Mint which uses TMobile and I'm in usa.
    Same with mine and my Q10. So far, everyone has said I sound fine, and I haven't had any interruptions. HD calling makes it sound very crisp.
    11-09-17 08:49 AM
    Same with mine and my Q10. So far, everyone has said I sound fine, and I haven't had any interruptions. HD calling makes it sound very crisp.
    It's been awhile and my reception hasn't let me down
    11-09-17 08:56 AM
    It's been a few days and my reception is same as with the Passport.
    11-09-17 08:57 AM
    A few days here as well. Mine has been good.
    11-09-17 07:48 PM
    Update: My K1 was sent in for repair and it came back a week ago. On the repair ticket it said "ESN Change" and nothing else.

I've been using it for a week now and it seems to have been fixed. Maybe being that it was one of the early CDMA phones in the US was an issue. Even the tech support commented on how early in the production run the phones number was.

Hopefully the issues are resolved. I do love the keyboard.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-30-17 07:51 PM
    It looks like the phone's issues are resolved. I'm into the second week with the repaired phone and all is well so far.

There was an issue with the call quality being wobbly but that seems to have been resolved by setting the phone to CDMA/LTE which was not the factory setting.

I've also ditched the Blackberry folio style case and am using the Blackberry Dual Layer Shell. No more fumbling with the cover flap allows me to be a picture taking and keyboard texting animal.

Love the PKB! I had a race with my 13 year old daughter on her iPhone 7 sending text messages to my wife and I beat her every time. The rules were complete sentences and no abbreviations or acronyms.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-12-17 04:37 AM
    It looks like the phone's issues are resolved. I'm into the second week with the repaired phone and all is well so far.

There was an issue with the call quality being wobbly but that seems to have been resolved by setting the phone to CDMA/LTE which was not the factory setting.

I've also ditched the Blackberry folio style case and am using the Blackberry Dual Layer Shell. No more fumbling with the cover flap allows me to be a picture taking and keyboard texting animal.

Love the PKB! I had a race with my 13 year old daughter on her iPhone 7 sending text messages to my wife and I beat her every time. The rules were complete sentences and no abbreviations or acronyms.
    Oh, cheating, huh. REAL words? You must be kidding!
    12-12-17 09:41 AM
172 ... 567