No, sir.
    There is a theory on here now that holding the phone drops the signal. Like iPhone gate.
    06-17-17 10:08 AM
    I bet two different keyone will give you different dbm lol.
    06-17-17 12:07 PM
    hopefully, they make one extra large for K1 like this. https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1DFkEN...nt-b-Phone.jpg
    06-19-17 08:23 AM
    My K1 does not pull in a Verizon signal as well as the Samsung S7 or S5 that I also use everyday.

In my office I can see the Verizon tower and get all bars on the S7 and S5 in addition to the iPhone's 5 and 7 that my wife and daughter have. The K1 is always a bar less even when sitting on the desk next to each other.

What's really irritating is the K1 has that wobbly voice digital breakup sound on occasion during calls. It's sounding like 1997 all over again on my calls. It's pretty annoying and it is the only phone out of five in the house that has the problem. All phones are Verizon.

No case on it (but all the other phones are cased) and the same environment as all others but not performing nearly as well will not bode well for this phone since it's my business line. I'm going to stick with it for another couple of days but if I don't find a solution I will have no choice but to send it back.
    06-19-17 02:24 PM
    I don't know if a software update can increase the signal or not.
    06-19-17 02:37 PM
    My K1 does not pull in a Verizon signal as well as the Samsung S7 or S5 that I also use everyday.

In my office I can see the Verizon tower and get all bars on the S7 and S5 in addition to the iPhone's 5 and 7 that my wife and daughter have. The K1 is always a bar less even when sitting on the desk next to each other.

What's really irritating is the K1 has that wobbly voice digital breakup sound on occasion during calls. It's sounding like 1997 all over again on my calls. It's pretty annoying and it is the only phone out of five in the house that has the problem. All phones are Verizon.

No case on it (but all the other phones are cased) and the same environment as all others but not performing nearly as well will not bode well for this phone since it's my business line. I'm going to stick with it for another couple of days but if I don't find a solution I will have no choice but to send it back.
    This is the reason I do not put too much faith in the number of bars. Call quality is more important as a determining factor.
    06-19-17 02:40 PM
    Yep and he said it sounds bad at times.
    06-19-17 02:52 PM
    I returned mine today. I was on a business trip over the weekend and went from Chattanooga to Memphis, back to Nashville. It didn't perform as well as I needed and I put the sim back in my Priv last night. The lady at Best Buy gave me a full refund and didn't charge me a re-stocking fee. She finagled it somehow in their system. I'm saddened because I loved the form factor of the KeyOne. But, because that line runs my business, I have to have great call quality. If Verizon officially carries the phone, I will definitely purchase it again.
    06-19-17 03:24 PM
    Since my previous post an hour ago I've dropped calls 3 times and a fourth said he could barely understand me.

This is sad. I really wanted to love this phone but it will put me out of business if I can't get this rectified.
    06-19-17 03:26 PM
    I returned mine today. I was on a business trip over the weekend and went from Chattanooga to Memphis, back to Nashville. It didn't perform as well as I needed and I put the sim back in my Priv last night. The lady at Best Buy gave me a full refund and didn't charge me a re-stocking fee. She finagled it somehow in their system. I'm saddened because I loved the form factor of the KeyOne. But, because that line runs my business, I have to have great call quality. If Verizon officially carries the phone, I will definitely purchase it again.
    Dang. That's too bad. I know you loved the phone from reading around the forum.
    06-19-17 04:11 PM
    Dang. That's too bad. I know you loved the phone from reading around the forum.
    I did. Really hoping they get the quality ironed out and Verizon carries it. I'd buy it again in a flash if they get everything working correctly and I also don't have to worry about the screen falling out after a month of use.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-19-17 04:22 PM
    I just spent an hour on the phone between Verizon and Blackberry's Hotline.

Verizon heard the poor voice quality on their end and even periods of silence so they had me swap the SIM card out of the K1 and back into my S7. Sitting in the same chair they called the S7 and it had no issues. Verizon said it was out of their hands and I needed to call Blackberry.

Called the Blackberry hotline and the customer service rep had me check a couple of settings and change one of them. It was Settings >More>Cellular Networks>Preferred Network Type> and change from Global to LTE/CDMA. He opened up a case at BB and asked me to test it for 24 hours and email with the results.

Hopefully this works in my case.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-19-17 04:36 PM
    I just spent an hour on the phone between Verizon and Blackberry's Hotline.

Verizon heard the poor voice quality on their end and even periods of silence so they had me swap the SIM card out of the K1 and back into my S7. Sitting in the same chair they called the S7 and it had no issues. Verizon said it was out of their hands and I needed to call Blackberry.

Called the Blackberry hotline and the customer service rep had me check a couple of settings and change one of them. It was Settings >More>Cellular Networks>Preferred Network Type> and change from Global to LTE/CDMA. He opened up a case at BB and asked me to test it for 24 hours and email with the results.

Hopefully this works in my case.
    Let us know your findings.
    06-19-17 04:45 PM
    Still a problem.

Been working for an hour this morning and so far had two instances of people saying they cannot hear me, listening to their voice garbled and two dropped calls.

Seems to be better when I take the calls on speakerphone. That however is not a long term solution.

I have emailed Blackberry and we will see what happens next.
    06-20-17 08:01 AM
    Good luck. Not sure if software can fix this or not.
    06-20-17 08:31 AM
    Still a problem.

Been working for an hour this morning and so far had two instances of people saying they cannot hear me, listening to their voice garbled and two dropped calls.

Seems to be better when I take the calls on speakerphone. That however is not a long term solution.

I have emailed Blackberry and we will see what happens next.
    Do you use a case?
    06-20-17 08:32 AM
    Nope. All of the details are in post #79 above. It's definitely a problem with the phone.

I really wanted to love this thing but can't deal with it. The SIM is going back in my Samsung S7 as I type.
    06-20-17 08:38 AM
    Put a case on the phone; see my review on this. You're de-tuning the antenna when you hold it.

I get it if you don't want to case the phone but if you ARE casing your other devices then what's the argument?
    06-20-17 08:40 AM
    Since my previous post an hour ago I've dropped calls 3 times and a fourth said he could barely understand me.

This is sad. I really wanted to love this phone but it will put me out of business if I can't get this rectified.
    Maybe it is time to change your wireless carrier. Verizon Wireless sounds subpar.
    06-20-17 09:25 AM
    I remember having issue with the iPhone 6 back when Verizon just introduced VoLTE, there were constant dropped calls and bad service, 6s fixed that. But during that transition afterwards those devices which did not support VoLTE or were not conditioned by Verizon had issues with the service.

It could be a 2 way issue, either Verizon Volte device issue or just the device itself. Because it has those bands does not mean it will work well. From my other device experiences.

I do know that carriers have their own hardware engineers testing and working on devices before launching on their network. Im not sure Keyone went through that since its an unlocked byod.

Best case scenario we will see future BB devices on carriers, will solve many issues.

This is just my theory and view.
    06-20-17 09:27 AM
    I am on Verizon and have not experienced any issues with my reception!
    06-20-17 09:33 AM
    Maybe it is time to change your wireless carrier. Verizon Wireless sounds subpar.
    See post #79 We have 4 other phones on Verizon in the same building working perfectly. It's the phone that is subpar.

Like I said I wanted to love it but it's reception is the problem. I've been a Blackberry faithful for years so this is a sad day.

Worst of all I'll probably have to pay a restocking fee so that means I'm paying for the experience and pain.

The S7 has been back up and running perfectly.
    06-20-17 09:35 AM
    So... you're holding it wrong. Wonderful. Most companies learn from/steal from Apple.

BlackBerry and TCL seem to be going backwards.
    06-20-17 09:37 AM
    Not always an option depending on where live and go.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-20-17 09:39 AM
    Put a case on the phone; see my review on this. You're de-tuning the antenna when you hold it.

I get it if you don't want to case the phone but if you ARE casing your other devices then what's the argument?

Since I understand RF I get the logic here but did they not test the phone in a hand during the design and validation phases? If not shame on the engineers.

I have a case on the way and will make one last ditch attempt for good reception before returning the K1.
    06-20-17 09:48 AM
172 ... 23456 ...