The number of bars is not a true representation of signal strength with any Google Android smartphone and the BlackBerry KEYone in particular. I routinely have 2-3 bars on LTE.
    What's your dbm?
    06-12-17 10:05 PM
    Already following
    As a Canadian, I don't understand the issue. The KeyONE uses all the same parts of any other Android phone, no? I get great reception in Canada on Virgin (Bell).

In other words, and I'm just asking, is it possible that carriers can interfere with phones? IE Is it possible for a carrier to give preference to one manufacturer over another based on IMEI, or some other metric?
    06-12-17 10:10 PM
    As a Canadian, I don't understand the issue. The KeyONE uses all the same parts of any other Android phone, no? I get great reception in Canada on Virgin (Bell).

In other words, and I'm just asking, is it possible that carriers can interfere with phones? IE Is it possible for a carrier to give preference to one manufacturer over another based on IMEI, or some other metric?
    I wouldn't know. As far as signal strength I wouldn't think so but seems access to some features from the signal they can.
    06-12-17 10:16 PM
    I wouldn't know. As far as signal strength I wouldn't think so but seems access to some features from the signal they can.
    Well, we already know that unscrupulous carriers can interfere with consumer internet access, so I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't interfere with mobile traffic as well.

I think we can all agree that carriers have an undeserved monopoly and should be disbanded into a million pieces.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 10:24 PM
    Well, we already know that unscrupulous carriers can interfere with consumer internet access, so I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't interfere with mobile traffic as well.

I think we can all agree that carriers have an undeserved monopoly and should be disbanded into a million pieces.
    Agreed. Sure they would love to sell you the phone too but the money comes from the service so why limit one phone over another if everything is the same except the name on it.
    06-12-17 10:28 PM
    ALL of the KEYone's have crappy signal reception and this is a huge disappointment. There are numerous posts about the GSM variant's signal reception issues.
    Absolutely not the case for a UK version KEYone on the Rogers Network in Canada so making blanket statements for all KEYone owners is irresponsible.
    Show proof beyond anonymous statements on this forum.
    06-12-17 11:18 PM
    Considering this thread, I don't believe Verizon is blacklisting the phone. With their BYOD program, there's no reason for it.
    While no Phone network would black list any phone. That would in the US bring on the wrath of the FCC. The fact is non supported phones while registered don't get the network updates as fast or at all. These little most no more than a few Kbs updates keep the connection up to date.
    06-13-17 06:47 AM
    No blacklist but not all features (soup) for you.
    LeaAndPerrins likes this.
    06-13-17 07:36 AM
    wow, knowing all the VZ issues: (1) thx god I have ATT stock not VZ (2) TCL look very smart for selling unlocked via carrier rather than Amazon or Best Buy in Canada. (3) based on all the info on this board, US user, fair large population, want just pop up a sim and get it working without calling carrier to get proper set up, (that is why iphone got an edge). sell via Amazon/Best Buy may not be the best way to go.. (4) possibly that is why CDMA delay... carrier is not ready (VZ). So far not heard anything from Sprint... at least they come out said they would support keyone, hopefully that means less trouble for the user... (5) may be its time to forget CDMA - on its way out anyhow... stay with GSM if the coverage is not an issue for you. (6) I sort of understand why BB not get along with VZ and why ATT got the 1st iphone... just back in my mind... IMHO.
    06-13-17 07:39 AM
    Probably ... it is a similar situation to the Moto X Pure. Well, possibly. When that phone shipped, it had the bands for complete VZW support. Yet VZW had not whitelisted it or something like that. At first. Then it all got worked out.

Then there's the story of how I went to the VZW store with a Nexus 6P to replace my lost (in ocean) Moto X Pure. The guy (without asking for any ID or proof of account ownership), pops in a new SIM with my number moved to it. Yikes!
    You must look trustworthy. I recall the time my bank processed a check that I had not signed!!! It was written out, with name and money amounts but I had neglected to sign it. I called them on the carpet. Since it was only for about $15 and was to the Seattle Times newspaper, they decided it would be okay to process it. I told them NO - it should have been rejected and I'd pay penalty or whatever but not to process checks I did not sign!

I look forward to pleasantly discussing with Verizon how to enable all things on my once and future Keyone. It should be, ahem, interesting.
    southlander and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-13-17 12:46 PM
    Bought 2 of them today (CDMA) from Best Buy and will report back on reception. I will know at my office seeing as on my PRIV I get full 4G LTE.
    kbz1960, FF22 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    06-13-17 12:53 PM
    Got my Keyone from Amazon cmda verizon unlocked worked ok but then started to notice barely any bars then 3g then 1x. set network to lte no change. i normally have about 11o to 114 signal strength on iphone 7. missed several calls or calls went to voice mail over 5 hours of testing. reception on this phone definitely not up to par. Beautiful phone and screen but signal is several bars less then past phones which for me meant boxing up the phone, will return tomorrow. Phones have to have good reception thats their main function. Hope BB fixes this in the next hw revision. Too bad was great phone otherwise.
    Unless you take it your local Verizon store for help, and eliminate them as the cause, your really not being fair to keyone at all.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-13-17 06:18 PM
    OP, you might missing proper APN setting, like Rogers in Canada posted on line...you need to get it from VZ. https://apn-canada.gishan.net/settin...rry_keyone.php
    best luck.
    is US only got two carrier using CDMA? VZ and Sprint? if it is so, TCL better pre-reconfig it send to those users as default (if they ID which carrier they are going to use, 3 setting, default APN, VZ and Sprint, since TCL already got US office, set up a config local location and send all the IMEI number along as white list after config... ). IMHO. There are many user - come from iphone possibly, don't want to go extra step, even it is half step.. they want like imac, two wires, one plug to the wall (electrical) and the other connect to the internet...reset to default, if anything massed up (or last known working condition).
    06-14-17 07:46 AM
    Man, the hits just keep piling up for this device. Getting into disaster territory now.

It's sad because I actually finally went and played with one at the Rogers store and it's quite nice in person, except for the dim screen. But the store rep told me that there's no stock anywhere in Vancouver and they don't know when they're getting any. They just botched this whole release in the worst way possible.

Posted via CB10
    You seem to be responding to the negatives, but not the positive comments. Some of the negative postings look like user error to me, but you'll need to decide for yourself. I don't perceive the disaster that you seem to.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-14-17 08:15 AM
    received my last CDMA unit yesterday and today working on Verizon without a hitch only drawback is no advanced calling
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-14-17 09:13 AM
    received my last CDMA unit yesterday and today working on Verizon without a hitch only drawback is no advanced calling
    There's a trick for that posted in another thread
    06-14-17 09:19 AM
    OP, you might missing proper APN setting, like Rogers in Canada posted on line...you need to get it from VZ. https://apn-canada.gishan.net/settin...rry_keyone.php
    best luck.
    is US only got two carrier using CDMA? VZ and Sprint? if it is so, TCL better pre-reconfig it send to those users as default (if they ID which carrier they are going to use, 3 setting, default APN, VZ and Sprint, since TCL already got US office, set up a config local location and send all the IMEI number along as white list after config... ). IMHO. There are many user - come from iphone possibly, don't want to go extra step, even it is half step.. they want like imac, two wires, one plug to the wall (electrical) and the other connect to the internet...reset to default, if anything massed up (or last known working condition).
    Us cellular also uses CDMA. I don't think they have had a blackberry since the tour.
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-14-17 10:05 AM
    Us cellular also uses CDMA. I don't think they have had a blackberry since the tour.
    according VZ not needed
    06-14-17 01:18 PM
    What's your dbm?
    normally 110 to 114 phone will loose service at 118 or lower usually
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-14-17 01:19 PM
    Unless you take it your local Verizon store for help, and eliminate them as the cause, your really not being fair to keyone at all.
    well I did and also called vz tech support the phone is fully supported as far as calling and properly activated. they do not support advanced calling features wifi calling or hd calling and visual voicemail is not supported. In fact the native phone app on the phone has no voicemail box like the iPhone you need to manually call to retrieve your voice mail which in 2017 seems like an oversight. IMO
    06-14-17 01:24 PM
    I guess I'm close to dropping in my house. Outside of get in the - 80
    06-14-17 01:24 PM
    Agree completely. I see in many many instances, the gripes are based on user error and DIY.
    06-14-17 01:33 PM
    It seems the phone does get less reception than my Priv or iPhone 7. I'm in the "trial" phase of the KeyOne. So far, I love the form factor and the keyboard.
    EndRacism likes this.
    06-17-17 09:40 AM
    It seems the phone does get less reception than my Priv or iPhone 7. I'm in the "trial" phase of the KeyOne. So far, I love the form factor and the keyboard.
    Do you have a case on it?
    06-17-17 09:42 AM
    Do you have a case on it?
    No, sir.
    06-17-17 10:06 AM
172 12345 ...