Did you try *228? When you set it to LTE/CDMA did you reboot? I agree signal is a critical, but the member using a European variant on Verizon didn't report signal issues. Strange that you'd be dropping that low.
    verizon tech support says thats not required and according to their tests on my phone its activated correctly they suggest it the phone.
    06-12-17 12:42 PM
    *228 I believe is only applicable for updating the roaming list for the 3G part. I would not use a phone on Verizon which does not make proper use of the LTE connectivity for calls.
    Correct
    06-12-17 12:57 PM
    I agree the phone didn't work flawlessly after I swap the SIM card. The issue I had is that it simply would not hold The network signal it would be very all over the place but never more than two bars usually one or zero. When I contacted Verizon and asked them the proper way to activate the phone they said insert Sim card restart phone you're done. Based on that I either have a bad phone or as others have said the antenna could be an issue or the way the gain is set up on the phone could be an issue. But in my particular case no signal equals no phone.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 01:00 PM
    Considering this thread, I don't believe Verizon is blacklisting the phone. With their BYOD program, there's no reason for it.
    you are correct when I spoke to the Verizon person at a local store he said there's no problem using the keyone on Verizon.
    06-12-17 01:02 PM
    Are you going to try another one?
    06-12-17 01:02 PM
    Are you going to try another one?
    I wanted to try another one but Amazon said at this point it would be 1 to 2 months wait for a replacement because it would be placed as a normal order so I will send the phone back may try again in a few months when stock is normalized if I have the same experience with reception I'll just send it back again I really like the phone.
    06-12-17 01:04 PM
    Too bad but maybe by then things will be sorted on both ends.
    06-12-17 01:07 PM
    you are correct when I spoke to the Verizon person at a local store he said there's no problem using the keyone on Verizon.
    Probably ... it is a similar situation to the Moto X Pure. Well, possibly. When that phone shipped, it had the bands for complete VZW support. Yet VZW had not whitelisted it or something like that. At first. Then it all got worked out.

Then there's the story of how I went to the VZW store with a Nexus 6P to replace my lost (in ocean) Moto X Pure. The guy (without asking for any ID or proof of account ownership), pops in a new SIM with my number moved to it. Yikes!
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-12-17 01:36 PM
    Probably ... it is a similar situation to the Moto X Pure. Well, possibly. When that phone shipped, it had the bands for complete VZW support. Yet VZW had not whitelisted it or something like that. At first. Then it all got worked out.

Then there's the story of how I went to the VZW store with a Nexus 6P to replace my lost (in ocean) Moto X Pure. The guy (without asking for any ID or proof of account ownership), pops in a new SIM with my number moved to it. Yikes!
    Must be the issue now as the thread with the guy on vzw posted

Update - Verizon says no go on the VVM and HD/Advanced Calling. Since it's BYOD, they do not support or guarantee any feature compatibility with their network. They actually did try a number of things to get it working but were unsuccessful.
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-12-17 04:08 PM

Update - Verizon says no go on the VVM and HD/Advanced Calling. Since it's BYOD, they do not support or guarantee any feature compatibility with their network. They actually did try a number of things to get it working but were unsuccessful.
    That is such a deal breaker for me. There are numerous times where I need to access data and be on a phone call at the same time. Guess, it's a good thing I cancelled my order. Dang it!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 04:14 PM
    That is such a deal breaker for me. There are numerous times where I need to access data and be on a phone call at the same time. Guess, it's a good thing I cancelled my order. Dang it!
    I run into that also. Maybe it'll change in time?
    06-12-17 04:17 PM
    The PRIV has ****ty reception compared to the classic, if the K1 is even worse I really don't feel like I need one Asap..

The irrational desire is gone, will stick with PRIV for a few months until the reception and display adhesive are resolved and price subsides..
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-12-17 04:20 PM
    Yeah my guess is just now the very first people are showing up at Verizon stores with KEYone phones. I would guess Verizon has done very little if anything to guarantee this works without a hitch since it'll be like. 000001% of their customers. Unfortunately the first folks will have to go through some BS until Verizon smooths it out. My guess.
    kbz1960 and FF22 like this.
    06-12-17 05:01 PM
    Man, the hits just keep piling up for this device. Getting into disaster territory now.

It's sad because I actually finally went and played with one at the Rogers store and it's quite nice in person, except for the dim screen. But the store rep told me that there's no stock anywhere in Vancouver and they don't know when they're getting any. They just botched this whole release in the worst way possible.

Posted via CB10
    if you get from Rogers, at least you shouldn't worry about reception, it would be optimized if you pay for 50.00 unlock. It is their carrier phone.
    06-12-17 06:53 PM

Thats brutal man. I switche to att because of this exact 1999 issue.
    06-12-17 08:41 PM

Isnt the moto x a gsm phone? They have droids for verizon.
    06-12-17 08:43 PM
    No, moto x pure 2015 is for all US carrier.
    06-12-17 08:45 PM
    No, moto x pure 2015 is for all US carrier.
    But not sold and branded by Verizon?
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-12-17 08:46 PM
    Moto X. Yes. The Moto X Pure was CDMA/LTE just like the nexus 6p, Google pixel, and supposedly the CDMA variant of the KEYone.
    06-12-17 08:46 PM

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ow-do-1111888/
    06-12-17 08:56 PM
    Already following
    06-12-17 08:59 PM
    But not sold and branded by Verizon?
    I believe verizon model was moto droid turbo 2. That one has snapdragon 810, with much bigger battery. Moto x pure was snapdragon 808 with smaller battery.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-17 09:00 PM
    I believe verizon model was moto droid turbo 2. That one has snapdragon 810, with much bigger battery. Moto x pure was snapdragon 808 with smaller battery.
    There was moto x. Gsm. Moto Droid various models. All Verizon. The Moto X PURE was a special variant that worked on all US carriers. Moto stopped selling the pure. Must not have sold well. It was direct order only. Proof again that no one except Apple can sell lots of phones direct.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-12-17 09:51 PM
    There was moto x. Gsm. Moto Droid various models. All Verizon. The Moto X PURE was a special variant that worked on all US carriers. Moto stopped selling the pure. Must not have sold well. It was direct order only. Proof again that no one except Apple can sell lots of phones direct.
    I believe that's moto x 2014 model with snapdragon 801. In 2015, it was moto x pure and droid turbo 2. In 2014, droid turbo 1 had snapdragon 805 chipset.
    southlander likes this.
    06-12-17 09:56 PM
    The number of bars is not a true representation of signal strength with any Google Android smartphone and the BlackBerry KEYone in particular. I routinely have 2-3 bars on LTE.
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-12-17 10:01 PM
172 1234 ...