is Verizon the only carrier I can use with the KeyOne BBB 100-3 I recently purchased at Best Buy? my contract with Vzn is up and would like to switch to more economical carrier, but don't know if this CDMA model is able to be used at other carriers....advice pls. Tia
    07-27-17 04:39 PM
    T-Mobile is one of those economical carriers, and the 100-3 does seem to work in most places pretty well. Think it is missing support for one of the newer LTE Bands...
    07-27-17 04:56 PM
    The Sprint KEYone is also a BBB100-3.
    07-27-17 05:09 PM
    But not the cheap carriers like straight talk wireless or budget, etc, right? Guess I'm screwed --should have waited but was so anxious to aquire K1
    07-27-17 06:00 PM
    is Verizon the only carrier I can use with the KeyOne BBB 100-3 I recently purchased at Best Buy? my contract with Vzn is up and would like to switch to more economical carrier, but don't know if this CDMA model is able to be used at other carriers....advice pls. Tia
    I can only provide some limited information. I've got the cdma 100-3. While it is intended to be used on Verizon eventually, at the moment I have a T-mobile sim card in the KeyOne. But I only have a limited plan which costs $3.00/month but only provides 30 talk minutes or 30 texts or a combination of those. I do not have any data set up on the Plan so can't tell how that works.
    07-27-17 06:18 PM
    I can only provide some limited information. I've got the cdma 100-3. While it is intended to be used on Verizon eventually, at the moment I have a T-mobile sim card in the KeyOne. But I only have a limited plan which costs $3.00/month but only provides 30 talk minutes or 30 texts or a combination of those. I do not have any data set up on the Plan so can't tell how that works.
    Cheapskate!
    07-27-17 08:39 PM
    Cheapskate!
    Can only be quiet so long, huh! (g)

Hey, I'm on a fix income while you are bringing in those big bucks playing railroad engineer!!! Lionel in full-scale. Yes, I'm jealous - well, not of regular work, mind you!
    07-27-17 09:37 PM
    Can only be quiet so long, huh! (g)

Hey, I'm on a fix income while you are bringing in those big bucks playing railroad engineer!!! Lionel in full-scale. Yes, I'm jealous - well, not of regular work, mind you!
    Hahahahahahahaha! I just couldn't resist!
    07-27-17 10:03 PM
    I just received the -3 'for Verizon' and have been using it on T-Mobile solely. Only about a day and a half.

VoWiFi works (WiFi calling). Hotspot works. Visual Voice Mail works. SMS and calls work.

I have an Android tablet, but it is difficult for me to get use to Android on my phone. I continue to swipe up to minimize an app and all the way to the left for the Hub, etc. I still have not figured out how to search my media card or device for specific files. I'm due time...
    FF22 likes this.
    07-27-17 10:15 PM
    What you can do is try SIM card from other carrier MVNO by contacting the MVNO and requesting switch kit or SIM for testing service.
    07-27-17 10:30 PM
    Hahahahahahahaha! I just couldn't resist!
    Back on topic (for a while). Do you have a Keyone or thinking about it?
    07-27-17 11:56 PM
    Back on topic (for a while). Do you have a Keyone or thinking about it?
    No. I still have the Priv. I'm a lousy, one finger, slow typist so I have no use or desire for a physical keyboard. I had a Bold until the Z10 came out. I got the Priv for the screen size and the excellent virtual keyboard and I flick most of the words. So I'll now bow out of this conversation. I do check whatever is said about anything Verizon though. Talk to you in some other thread, I'm sure.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-28-17 12:34 AM
    But not the cheap carriers like straight talk wireless or budget, etc, right? Guess I'm screwed --should have waited but was so anxious to aquire K1
    The straight talk byod activation kit provides a sim card that is compatible with Verizon phones so you should be able to use it on straight talk no problem.
    07-28-17 01:38 AM
    Doesn't straight talk use all networks? So you would just have to get the Verizon version Sim I would assume.
    07-28-17 02:29 PM
    Doesn't straight talk use all networks? So you would just have to get the Verizon version Sim I would assume.
    As mentioned above over 12 hours ago lol
    07-28-17 02:34 PM
    Obviously I didn't read all the replies there was as I was just replying to the comment I read up to trying to help the person. Next time I'll read them all so not to be the butt of your humor
    07-28-17 03:13 PM
    Total Wireless works well with the -3 (It's a Verizon MVNO - much less expensive and has 4G)
    07-30-17 05:01 PM