Latest issue with my Verizon Blackberry Keyone.

About a year ago I would lose access to Text message via the Messages Android App.
    If I toggle Airplane mode to off for about 5 minutes and turn back on, I would be fine with Messages for a week or two.

In the last week, I started to notice my phone would drop the 4G connection and go to extended network. So I spoke with Verizon the other day and they had me just do the reset Network connection step. This worked fine the first time I did it. I was back to 4G. However later I noticed I was missing Messages again. So I would do the airplane toggle and Messages would work but then phone goes back to Extended Network.

So now I’m in a rotating hell. Its either toggle to get Messages to work but lose 4G or reset for 4G and lose Messages…

This makes no sense but is very consistent.
    Several phone reboots don’t resolve this.

Could this be an issue with my Sim card? Its so painful trying to squeeze another year out of this Keyone.. Then I’m done with anything related to BB after 4 phones and about 15 years.
    06-07-20 04:57 PM
    Latest issue with my Verizon Blackberry Keyone.

About a year ago I would lose access to Text message via the Messages Android App.
    If I toggle Airplane mode to off for about 5 minutes and turn back on, I would be fine with Messages for a week or two.

In the last week, I started to notice my phone would drop the 4G connection and go to extended network. So I spoke with Verizon the other day and they had me just do the reset Network connection step. This worked fine the first time I did it. I was back to 4G. However later I noticed I was missing Messages again. So I would do the airplane toggle and Messages would work but then phone goes back to Extended Network.

So now I’m in a rotating hell. Its either toggle to get Messages to work but lose 4G or reset for 4G and lose Messages…

This makes no sense but is very consistent.
    Several phone reboots don’t resolve this.

Could this be an issue with my Sim card? Its so painful trying to squeeze another year out of this Keyone.. Then I’m done with anything related to BB after 4 phones and about 15 years.
    I wonder if CDMA has been refarmed in your area to LTE or 5G of some version.

Perhaps, only if this is case, would it make sense to update your SIM card to CDMAless version,.
    06-07-20 10:02 PM