The pain of waiting for the Priv to be released for VZW is way to fresh......I'm not read to go thought this again.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 05:55 AM
    So if the phone is bought unlocked, does that mean the FM radio will work? Carriers typically disable it.
    03-02-17 07:38 PM
    This whole thing is the most frustrating crap ever. We cannot even get a clear answer on 2 of the most asked questions about this device 1)Verizon? and 2) RGB Led or white? for the life of me I don't understand why a creditable BB employee or someone else would just clear up all the speculation once and for all. There must be BB employee's monitoring the BB communities reaction to this launch, especially this site...
    Can't help you with Verizon but the rgb led question has been answered several times in different threads. It has the rgb led not white
    03-02-17 08:53 PM
    Can't help you with Verizon but the rgb led question has been answered several times in different threads. It has the rgb led not white
    And it has been answered in an official CB article!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 09:15 PM
    The Nexus 6 was not a sanctioned VZW phone but the unlock version worked on all carriers. As long as they have all the bands, on the VZ system, it will just be an unlocked phone with no specific details but the phone should work. At least from my past experience and hope the K1 is the same.
    paperplanes7 likes this.
    03-03-17 07:43 AM
    The Nexus 6 was not a sanctioned VZW phone but the unlock version worked on all carriers. As long as they have all the bands, on the VZ system, it will just be an unlocked phone with no specific details but the phone should work. At least from my past experience and hope the K1 is the same.
    Did the nexus have advanced calling and wifi calling working? I just hope we don't need Verizon software to get a fully working phone?
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    03-03-17 07:53 AM
    Did the nexus have advanced calling and wifi calling working? I just hope we don't need Verizon software to get a fully working phone?
    Funny, I am activating my Nexus 6 this weekend in anticipation for the K1. I will let you know if it works and I am fairly certain it does.
    03-03-17 07:58 AM
    I was told by Bruce Walpole himself, the KEYone CDMA variant will be available at launch, and work under Verizon's BYOD plan.
    03-03-17 08:08 AM
    I was told by Bruce Walpole himself, the KEYone CDMA variant will be available at launch, and work under Verizon's BYOD plan.
    SWEET. Thank you Wulf!

Posted with my  Classic
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-03-17 08:31 AM
    I just want Verizon to sell it in stores. Priv will become obsolete as far as sales and they need at least one Blackberry in their online and physical stores.
    03-03-17 08:33 AM
    I just want Verizon to sell it in stores. Priv will become obsolete as far as sales and they need at least one Blackberry in their online and physical stores.
    I don't think it matters if they sell it in stores or not, this isn't going to be much of a consumer device. As I doubt the desire for a PKB phone among the masses... regardless of the price. Too be honest I doubt the desire for a non Apple or Samsung (maybe Google) branded phone for anyone looking to pay more that $150.

What's key is that at least the Carriers like Verizon do offer it... as that's still how enterprise buys their phones. And enterprise is the key customer for TCL and BlackBerry. US Carrier support means the potential for enterprise business... no US Carrier support means the K1 is going to have a difficult time with enterprise sales.
    03-03-17 09:03 AM
    This whole thing is the most frustrating crap ever. We cannot even get a clear answer on 2 of the most asked questions about this device 1)Verizon? and 2) RGB Led or white? for the life of me I don't understand why a creditable BB employee or someone else would just clear up all the speculation once and for all. There must be BB employee's monitoring the BB communities reaction to this launch, especially this site...
    RGB question had been answered on other posts. Multiple colors.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 10:39 AM
    I don't think it matters if they sell it in stores or not, this isn't going to be much of a consumer device. As I doubt the desire for a PKB phone among the masses... regardless of the price. Too be honest I doubt the desire for a non Apple or Samsung (maybe Google) branded phone for anyone looking to pay more that $150.

What's key is that at least the Carriers like Verizon do offer it... as that's still how enterprise buys their phones. And enterprise is the key customer for TCL and BlackBerry. US Carrier support means the potential for enterprise business... no US Carrier support means the K1 is going to have a difficult time with enterprise sales.
    I agree. The masses want slabs either really cheap or ridiculously expensive with high end specs that don't make a difference to the average user.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 10:42 AM
    so does this mean Verizon will not be carrying the KEYone ??
    03-03-17 01:08 PM
    so does this mean Verizon will not be carrying the KEYone ??
    As of last Saturday they were not. BlackBerry would absolutely want it in their stores.
    03-03-17 02:39 PM

Staples Canada is still advertising and stocking the DTEK50, so they may have the K1 as well.

Steve Cisculli said that they will be working on carrier support over the next couple years, and they already have some support through their Alcatel brand.
    03-03-17 03:53 PM
    According to FrequencyCheck and Blackberry.com specs, the K1 checks all the boxes for Verizon.

LTE Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/12/13/20/25/26/28/29/30
    TD-LTE Band 41
    CDMA BC 0/1/10

But apparently, on FC, there is a huge disclaimer:

"This carrier only accepts approved devices on its network.Even if a device supports some or all of the required frequencies for this carrier, it will not be able to connect unless the device is approved for this network. Check with the network operator to confirm whether a device is approved or not."
    03-03-17 03:53 PM
    Relax. Big Red will carry the KEYOne online and at its stores. TCL/BlackBerry Mobile would not have gone to the trouble of creating a CDMA version with all of Verizon's LTE bands if it weren't carrying it. Those wanting an unlocked Verizon KEYOne can simply walk into one of their retail stores, and pay full price for the phone on the condition it is unlocked. I asked for this and got it when I went to a Verizon corporate store to purchase my beloved Z30 three years ago.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Classic with BB10 OS 10.3.3.2205 on T-Mobile
    03-03-17 05:58 PM
    According to FrequencyCheck and Blackberry.com specs, the K1 checks all the boxes for Verizon.

LTE Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/12/13/20/25/26/28/29/30
    TD-LTE Band 41
    CDMA BC 0/1/10

But apparently, on FC, there is a huge disclaimer:

"This carrier only accepts approved devices on its network.Even if a device supports some or all of the required frequencies for this carrier, it will not be able to connect unless the device is approved for this network. Check with the network operator to confirm whether a device is approved or not."
    I got it direct from Bruce Walpole, the KEYone CDMA will be available for use on Verizon through their BYOD program. I think we can take him at his word.

Relax. Big Red will carry the KEYOne online and at its stores. TCL/BlackBerry Mobile would not have gone to the trouble of creating a CDMA version with all of Verizon's LTE bands if it weren't carrying it. Those wanting an unlocked Verizon KEYOne can simply walk into one of their retail stores, and pay full price for the phone on the condition it is unlocked. I asked for this and got it when I went to a Verizon corporate store to purchase my beloved Z30 three years ago.

Sounds great if true. Do you have a link to confirm it?
    john_v likes this.
    03-03-17 08:13 PM

You're behind the times. Blackberry's standing with carriers isn't what it was 3 years ago and phone models do come with CDMA bands that Verizon doesn't sell, Moto has several of them.

Non-whitelisted phones with CDMA bands can get on Verizon accounts just by switching your already activated sim. If you are going to Verizon new, you may have to activate it with a Verizon device before swapping in your KeyOne. Eventually, in days, weeks Verizon will white-list the device and you won't have to do either of those things.
    BigBadWulf and southlander like this.
    03-03-17 08:23 PM
    Bla1ze's recent spec post shows "(NA CDMA)", and lists Big Red's LTE bands. FWIW, I'm thinking that this year Verizon is transitioning out of CDMA to VoLTE if I am right about how this technology works. I will be patient and wait until this summer to buy my VZW Mercury, er KEYone. Don't really like the name, though, and the price is the most I'd pay. Let's hope this true Verizon Priv performs well on Big Red.

Verizon has been been transitioning out of CDMA for many years now, and each year is / was supposed to be " the year". We're all too familiar with Verizon around here, no matter what they say or promise they can't be believed until it actually happens.

Anyways, came to CB this morning to start this thread, glad to see its already here. With the Verizon Priv fiasco I still don't give a hoot about BlackBerry or Verizon, but will probably get the Merc if it becomes available on Verizon. Not holding my breath at all here, though.

I will write that I bet CrackBerry will give a darn this time if the NA CDMA gets Priv'd by Verizon, though.
    03-04-17 07:34 AM
    Hey, I still keep track of Verizon. VoLTE, not CDMA, is the future, right? I'm just hoping that with this new product that is the KEYOne, Verizon will commit to it at least as it has done initially with the Classic. I'm willing to forget Big Red bypassing the Passport or sitting on their hands in slowly supporting the Priv.

03-04-17 07:41 PM
    Advanced HD calling is working but the wifi calling is not.
    southlander likes this.
    03-05-17 08:55 AM
    I certainly hope Verizon fully supports/white lists the keyone. I need WiFi calling as my house is in one of those weak signal areas and I depend on WiFi calling while there.

Been on a Q10 for two days now and I am totally hooked on the pkb... I need a keyone!

This totally will fit me needs.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 05:17 PM
    I certainly hope Verizon fully supports/white lists the keyone. I need WiFi calling as my house is in one of those weak signal areas and I depend on WiFi calling while there.

Been on a Q10 for two days now and I am totally hooked on the pkb... I need a keyone!

This totally will fit me needs.

Posted via CB10
    Verizon supports WiFi calling?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 05:51 PM
218 ... 23456 ...