EDIT: Numerous sites are saying there will be a CDMA variant and that the unlocked model will be compatible with all four US carriers. Looks like we're in business!

I founded the Verizon Priv waiting room, and based on the specs we've seen so far this morning we may be waiting again for the CDMA Mercury/KeyOne, so here we go again.

The Priv thread was one of the longest in the history of CB, hopefully this one will be much shorter.

"Coming soon"
    Last edited by consv93; 02-25-17 at 02:37 PM.
    02-25-17 09:13 AM
    Grab a Sneakers...I do believe that Verizon has poked the BlackBerry bull one too many times!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 09:19 AM
    Happy waiting!
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon KEYone waiting room-7301.jpg  
    02-25-17 09:21 AM
    Who's got the popcorn?
    02-25-17 09:30 AM
    Verizon will probably be a GSM carrier before a CDMA variant is released. 😂
    kvndoom, Raybo7 and greenjoe like this.
    02-25-17 09:42 AM
    Leaked specks certainly don't look good. I was at Best Buy a couple weeks ago and didn't see a single phone that TCL/Alcatel makes that is compatible w/ Verizon. Guess I'll be sticking w/ my Priv for awhile longer.
    02-25-17 10:04 AM
    Leaked specks certainly don't look good. I was at Best Buy a couple weeks ago and didn't see a single phone that TCL/Alcatel makes that is compatible w/ Verizon. Guess I'll be sticking w/ my Priv for awhile longer.
    I'd buy another priv in a minute if I needed to. I like the option of keyboards and mine has been fantastic for the last year. I actually just paid off all of our phones and could upgrade if I want. I'd probably just get another priv. It's 350$ cheaper now than it was when I bought mine. IMHO a very under rated and under appreciated phone. Depending on if Verizon gets the mercury and depending on price and user reviews I'd consider one down the road but I really can't complain about muh priv
    02-25-17 10:28 AM
    Hopefully it does come to Verizon. I'm tired of being screwed by companies that don't want to make CDMA variants. Especially for what is the biggest carrier in the U.S. It's not like I can switch to T-Mobile or AT&T either. Their signal is dirt in my area as my entire family uses them and 90% of the time I get their voicemail.
    Raybo7 and DINGSTER1 like this.
    02-25-17 01:03 PM
    This is extremely frustrating. I get a massive discount on VzW service and it is the best signal in my area of the U.S. Why are manufacturers so against CDMA?

Raybo7 and DINGSTER1 like this.
    02-25-17 01:08 PM
    This is extremely frustrating. I get a massive discount on VzW service and it is the best signal in my area of the U.S. Why are manufacturers so against CDMA?

Mainly because cell phones are a global industry and it sucks to have to increase device costs for one carrier (two if you count Sprint, but they're an also-ran) in one country.
    Wezard likes this.
    02-25-17 01:14 PM
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/02...rs-last-stand/

Android Police says US version is "four carrier compatible" . Maybe all hope isn't lost for you folks.
    stereojoe and Raybo7 like this.
    02-25-17 01:26 PM
    "Instead, the KeyOne is positioned as a device for BlackBerry owners (and ex-owners) that*just works*in a '2017 smartphone' sort of way.*The KeyOne is four-carrier compatible in the US. Its fingerprint scanner is integrated directly into the spacebar. There's a modern rear camera (the same sensor found in the Pixel). A programmable dedicated function key, a hallmark of past BlackBerry devices. Fast charging (QuickCharge 3.0) accompanied with a large 3505mAh cell for all-day-and-then-some longevity. Android 7.1 out of the box, with monthly security patch support. BlackBerry and TCL pitch the KeyOne as a phone designed to simply be good at doing phone stuff."
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-25-17 01:27 PM
    Verizon KEYone waiting room-networks.jpg
    yay I see LTE band 13!!! wait a sec....
    Raybo7 likes this.
    02-25-17 01:30 PM
    So, we will be waiting until April to see if VzW carries this phone? Is that what you all heard?
    02-25-17 01:30 PM
    BlackBerry KEYone hands-on: The QWERTY candybar's last stand?

Android Police says US version is "four carrier compatible" . Maybe all hope isn't lost for you folks.
    Yeah, CNET said the same thing. I hope it's true! But unfortunately we know almost nothing new after the "launch" that we didn't know before.
    02-25-17 01:32 PM
    I know it cost more but they should do what Motorola does and throw in GSM and CDMA bands to suit everybody's needs. Reach a broader audience.
    02-25-17 01:32 PM
    I know it cost more but they should do what Motorola does and throw in GSM and CDMA bands to suit everybody's needs. Reach a broader audience.
    Hopefully that's what CNET and Android Police are referring to.
    02-25-17 01:37 PM
    The European variant is 100% compatible on VZW in LTE areas.
    02-25-17 01:38 PM
    The European variant is 100% compatible on VZW in LTE areas.
    But VZW requires phones to have CDMA compatibility to be whitelisted.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    02-25-17 01:41 PM
    I did just watch Mr. Mobiles hands on with the Keyone and he mentioned GSM and CDMA variants will be available.
    02-25-17 01:51 PM
    no I had my ShopBB Priv working with VoLTE on Verizon for a few weeks. They can block phones from entering there CDMA network but an FCC ruling will not allow them to block phones from their LTE network. It was as easy as putting in an active vzw SIM that was compatible with VoLTE.

Obviously this limited connectability doesnt make sense for everyone. But for those living on the coasts were LTE is everywhere and they don't do alot of traveling the European version would be fine.
    02-25-17 01:51 PM
    But VZW requires phones to have CDMA compatibility to be whitelisted.
    Yeah, they need to drop CDMA. They are testing 5G in 11 US cities. Let's move on already!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 01:52 PM
    Bla1ze's recent spec post shows "(NA CDMA)", and lists Big Red's LTE bands. FWIW, I'm thinking that this year Verizon is transitioning out of CDMA to VoLTE if I am right about how this technology works. I will be patient and wait until this summer to buy my VZW Mercury, er KEYone. Don't really like the name, though, and the price is the most I'd pay. Let's hope this true Verizon Priv performs well on Big Red.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Classic with BB10 OS 10.3.3.2205 on T-Mobile
    mundo472 likes this.
    02-25-17 02:02 PM
    I did just watch Mr. Mobiles hands on with the Keyone and he mentioned GSM and CDMA variants will be available.
    Care to share the link?
    02-25-17 02:04 PM
    Yeah, they need to drop CDMA. They are testing 5G in 11 US cities. Let's move on already!

Posted via CB10
    There are still a lot of rural areas where LTE isn't always available.
    southlander likes this.
    02-25-17 02:05 PM
218 123 ...