I think the unlocked version will work on all 4 major carriers but I do want it to be in the Verizon stores.
    I'm with you. The only way I'll have assurance of it working on Verizon is if/when they carry it in store.
    02-26-17 01:10 PM
    Hopefully Verizon will carry the keyone and that will mean that Priv will no longer be avaliable from them. I think Verizon will treat the Keyone like the Priv and Classic in that it will not purchase directly from Blackberry Mobile use a third party that will hold the inventory.

Will there be a camera less option for the keyone for Verizon customers?
    02-26-17 02:53 PM
    Verizon loves to have the upper hand, they control what they want on their network... we can only hope 5G will be a universal network.
    02-26-17 03:05 PM
    There are still a lot of rural areas where LTE isn't always available.
    Exactly. I travel through NC on the interstates a lot. Verizon 3G (CDMA) is often used whenever you are on open stretches of interstate not near higher population zones.

Oh and my TMO backup phone (a BB Passport) almost always has no service at all in these areas.

I have friends who have traveled a lot in the Mid West who say the ONLY thing that has any service in lots of areas is VZW. And you can bet it's not LTE most of the time.
    02-26-17 03:19 PM
    CDMA version is now listed on the official specs. It's the "US V2" phone
    http://blackberrymobile.com/specifications.html
    bluesqueen23 and southlander like this.
    02-27-17 06:53 PM
    This whole thing is the most frustrating crap ever. We cannot even get a clear answer on 2 of the most asked questions about this device 1)Verizon? and 2) RGB Led or white? for the life of me I don't understand why a creditable BB employee or someone else would just clear up all the speculation once and for all. There must be BB employee's monitoring the BB communities reaction to this launch, especially this site...
    The RGB LED has been confirmed. TCL has had just over two months to work on getting carrier support and is making progress.
    02-27-17 07:01 PM
    Just joined your waiting room, hope it becomes a little more crowded.
    02-27-17 07:08 PM
    CDMA version is now listed on the official specs. It's the "US V2" phone
    http://blackberrymobile.com/specifications.html
    Yay! Thanks for this.
    southlander likes this.
    02-27-17 07:33 PM
    I heard from people attending the event they will sell unbranded cdma will work on Verizon or sprint
    02-27-17 07:38 PM
    KEYone*

Posted with my  Classic
    02-27-17 07:43 PM
    I heard from people attending the event they will sell unbranded cdma will work on Verizon or sprint
    It may be capable of using the Verizon wireless network but unless the carrier allows access to the network for the phone I don't believe that the phone can be used. Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't believe that Verizon wireless is going to be interested in this phone.
    02-27-17 08:52 PM
    I'm in for the waiting game. I run the PRIV now and absolutely love it so the wait won't be near as painful as it was with the PRIV. Couldn't move away from my PKB so stuck with the Q10 until the PRIV finally came to VZW.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    02-27-17 09:09 PM
    CDMA? I'm all in!

Where do I sign?

 BlackBerry Z30  OS 10.3.3.2205  🇺🇸 'merica
    02-27-17 09:21 PM
    I moved to tmobile just to use blackberry passport lol. Anyway, if verizon model has same update as factory unlocked version, I would considering moving back to verizon but I doubt it.
    02-27-17 09:25 PM
    Do we have a definitive answer if K1 will work on Verizon? I sure hope they carry it. I still like my iPhone/Priv combo. But, I have a feeling I may like it so much that it will replace my Priv and eventually my iPhone. Please, Verizon carry this phone.
    02-28-17 11:45 AM
    I am actually hoping that Verizon does NOT carry the K1, but opens its doors to the factory V2. It's kinda looking like that's the way it might go. In the past BB has never listed or sold a CDMA phone on their website. Hopefully TCL worked out some kind of deal.
    02-28-17 11:50 AM
    I am actually hoping that Verizon does NOT carry the K1, but opens its doors to the factory V2. It's kinda looking like that's the way it might go. In the past BB has never listed or sold a CDMA phone on their website. Hopefully TCL worked out some kind of deal.
    Why do you not want Verizon to carry it in stores?
    02-28-17 01:10 PM
    It's already confirmed that the there will be a CDMA version and a factory unlocked version that includes Cdma bands in NA
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    02-28-17 01:40 PM
    Wonderful question

Posted with my  Classic
    02-28-17 03:25 PM
    Buying factory unlocked is way better. For starters we won't have to wait for Verizon to get the phone. Then pay $50 more over the direct price. Then we have to wait for them to approve and send out updates. The phone will come with tons of Un needed bloatware.

You are totally at the mercy of Verizon buying phones from them. I have jumped to ATT a few years back for the passport and bought it direct from BB. You basically have to wait for nothing. As soon as you see an article on the front page for some new update you can be sure it will be available for your phone right away.
    FF22 and C_McD like this.
    02-28-17 04:02 PM
    I hope they approve and whitelist the device but I don't want to be forced to buy it from them. If they "carry it" you will have to buy it from them, just look at every other BlackBerry they sold.
    02-28-17 04:13 PM
    Glad to be sharing a waiting room with everyone again. We all know how this is going to go but hopefully it will not be as long as the Priv waiting room. Absolutely no official or unofficial statements from Verizon until 2 days before it launches and no one that works there has a clue what BlackBerry is still. Happy waiting to all.
    03-01-17 07:23 AM
    rookie question..

so let me get this right.. it doesn't matter if Verizon carries the phone or not, as long as KEyone has a CDMA version of the phone in April, we can purchase it and have it work on the Verizon network ???
    03-01-17 03:09 PM
    rookie question..

so let me get this right.. it doesn't matter if Verizon carries the phone or not, as long as KEyone has a CDMA version of the phone in April, we can purchase it and have it work on the Verizon network ???
    Evidently. Was not the case in the past.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 04:36 PM
    Theoretically... would a white listed keyone on Verizon support wifi calling on their network? Even in the phone is not sold by Verizon?
    03-01-17 07:47 PM
218 12345 ...