I waited foreeever for the cdma keyone. I finally got it and I took it to the verizon store and they could not activate it. Their system recognized the phone as a bbb100-3 but none of the sim cards they tried were compatible with it!!! And I was stuck with my q10. Please help me figure out how to activate this phone.
    06-21-17 02:08 PM
    Contact Verizon tech support and hope you get someone with a brain. As it stands, the typical answer is that the device is not in the Verizon system, so the claims vary from 'we can't activate it' to 'we can't provision on this device' but an educated rep can help. you'll also find some talking points here to help - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ow-do-1111888/
    zephyr613 likes this.
    06-21-17 02:58 PM
    Tell them to treat your KeyOne like a Nexus 5X. If they've never transferred a Verizon micro-sim phone to a Nexus 5X or other CDMA band capable phones that Verizon doesn't sell then find a senior rep/manager.

Typically they will transfer your acct to a nano sim, switch it on in a dummy Verizon phone so Verizon knows your nano is linked to a whitelisted device and then move it to your KeyOne.

Just try again with another person.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-21-17 03:18 PM
    I would stay away from a Verizon store unless you get a representative that has been there for over a year. I simply called Verizon regular customer service. Gave them my IMEI number and told them I was keeping my Sim card, popped in the Sim, restarted the phone and was good to go.

Not sure if the Q10 takes the micro Sim if not you will have to go to Verizon and pickup a micro Sim, then when you call have them update your IMEI and activate the new micro Sim. If you change to a micro Sim and the Q10 won't take it know that your phone won't work with your old Sim. Hope this helps, keep us posted.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-21-17 03:24 PM
    i took mine to a VZ store.. the rep (i think supervisor, cause all the other rep was asking him for help) did go thru some difficulties but he did figure it out.. i dont know what he did exactly, but he did a lot of the stuff on his tablet.

i know.. im not much help but yes if you find a good rep, he/she will get it done.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-21-17 03:57 PM
    Were do I get a "dummy verizon phone"???
    06-21-17 04:35 PM
    Were do I get a "dummy verizon phone"???
    They don't need an actual phone, tho a physical phone works too, just the info of one (IMEI# and perhaps other data) from a demo model. Someone in a Verizon store like the manager will know how to access the details in their computer/Ipad to do this txfer.
    portplayer likes this.
    06-21-17 04:52 PM
    Try putting your old SIM card in.
    06-21-17 06:03 PM
    thanks genius theyre different sizes
    portplayer likes this.
    06-21-17 06:14 PM
    Contact Verizon tech support and hope you get someone with a brain. As it stands, the typical answer is that the device is not in the Verizon system, so the claims vary from 'we can't activate it' to 'we can't provision <insert verizon service> on this device' but an educated rep can help. you'll also find some talking points here to help - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ow-do-1111888/
    i called multiple and noone can help... can someone with verizon tell me what to do!?!?!? so unfair that they sell it as verizon compatible when it really isnt...
    06-21-17 06:15 PM
    the verizon store tried many verizon sims and they said it wasnt compatible
    06-21-17 06:16 PM
    Contact Verizon tech support and hope you get someone with a brain. As it stands, the typical answer is that the device is not in the Verizon system, so the claims vary from 'we can't activate it' to 'we can't provision <insert verizon service> on this device' but an educated rep can help. you'll also find some talking points here to help - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ow-do-1111888/
    that has nothing to do with what im talking about, that post is about advanced calling. i want to simply activate it. thats it. only bb could scew up this much.
    06-21-17 06:22 PM
    Took mine to Verizon store, took the rep about 1 min to move my Sim from my classic to the keyone. He commented it was the first one he had seen and he was impressed. Took me longer to remember my Gmail password to get logged into all the Google stuff, but he helped me with that too.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-21-17 06:24 PM
    that has nothing to do with what im talking about, that post is about advanced calling. i want to simply activate it. thats it. only bb could scew up this much.
    Clearly if other people are using the keyone on verison then BlackBerry didn't screw up at all.
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 06-21-17 at 06:56 PM.
    portplayer and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-21-17 06:40 PM
    Sure you got the right model?
    06-21-17 06:42 PM
    yes 100%
    06-21-17 06:52 PM
    I'd other people are using the keyone on verison then BlackBerry didn't screw up at all.
    so the freakin tell me how to activate it
    06-21-17 06:53 PM
    I took my SIM card out of my iPhone 7 place it in my Blackberry keyone and boom worked fine.
    funeralizer likes this.
    06-21-17 07:04 PM
    All that I did was take the SIM out of my Classic, which has also been used in my iPhone 6S, and put it in the KeyOne, turned it on and it instantly said Verizon Wireless in the top left corner. There is no reason it cannot be activated.
    funeralizer likes this.
    06-21-17 07:05 PM
    I took my SIM card out of my iPhone 7 place it in my Blackberry keyone and boom worked fine.
    ok but i have a q10 and it has a micro sim
    06-21-17 07:05 PM
    Do you know anyone with a Verizon phone nano SIM?
    06-21-17 07:24 PM
    Or ask them for an adapter and get a new nano Sim to work in your Q10 then simply swap it into your KEYone. Mine just worked after putting the SIM. And out of curiosity I've had it working on both Verizon and T-Mobile
    06-21-17 07:34 PM
    Do you know anyone with a Verizon phone nano SIM?
    yes i have a verizon sim from my moms iphone 5 but i cant activate it with the imei of my keyone
    06-21-17 07:43 PM
    Or ask them for an adapter and get a new nano Sim to work in your Q10 then simply swap it into your KEYone. Mine just worked after putting the SIM. And out of curiosity I've had it working on both Verizon and T-Mobile
    will they give me an adapter??
    06-21-17 07:44 PM
    I'm no techie but I remember reading about people moving from Micro SIM (from Q10) to Nano SIM card (for KEYone), and there were several DIY maneuvers (at your own risk of course).

How to Cut a Micro SIM into a Nano SIM card - DIY Guide
    06-21-17 07:44 PM
57 123