Hello BlackBerry friends! Does the blackberry keyone still worth it? And does still working on the Verizon Wireless network?

BlackBerry Q10
    10-13-18 09:23 AM
    Hello BlackBerry friends! Does the blackberry keyone still worth it? And does still working on the Verizon Wireless network?

BlackBerry Q10
    Mine is still working on the Verizon network. But make sure that you are buying the Verizon version if you decide to get one.

Since the KeyTwo does not work on verizon, at the moment you can either get the KeyOne or maybe still get the Priv. The newest KeyTwo-lite may work but we don't know yet.

As for the KeyOne, some folks really like it, others less so. Read the forums for opinions - there are plenty.

I like mine.
    10-13-18 09:58 AM
    Thanks for the info! So how's facebook app working on keyone? Does it let people know you are posting via BlackBerry smartphones app like the old original BlackBerry?

BlackBerry Q10
    10-13-18 01:08 PM
    By all reports, the VZW compatible K1s are still working fine on their network and there is currently no reason to think they won't continue to do so. I know of a -3 K1 that was activated on VZW several weeks ago with no problems and have seen some -3 versions recently here on the forums as being bought and working on VZW.

As for being worth it, that's subjective. It depends on what you are looking for and what your expectations are. I've had my K1 almost a year and a half now and am still pleased with it. It's serving my needs and see no reason to replace it at this time. It has turned into my daily driver, work phone and personal.

I have great reception in a rural fringe area, good call quality, great battery life, good and stable BT connectivity with my peripherals and car, and last but most important to me, a great capacitance PKB.

If you will do a little research on the forums here you will also see there are those that have not been so fortunate. There are those with screen issues, poor call quality and/or volume issues, reception issues and operational issues, to mention a few.

Whether all complaints can be directly attributed to the phone , or in some cases carrier, corrupt files, operational issues etc.. have yet to be determined, not to mention that many K1 owners have not had any of those issues.

Research, and especially note which issues can be associated with model variant and carrier, paying particular attention to issues associated with -3 models which is what you OP, will be considering for use on VZW, and then decide.

You will also note in your research here that there are some users who wouldn't touch another K1 with a 10 ft pole, while many are sufficiently pleased with the K1, as myself, that they have no interest in changing phones anytime soon. With my experience, if I were to lose or damage my phone right now, I would definitely get another K1 above what's currently available.

Also take into consideration in your decision that by all information available, it appears that it's highly unlikely that the VZW compatible K1s will have Oreo available to them, so if that is important to you, I would not get the K1. Many have stated feel, myself included, that the Oreo upgrade is not sufficient reason to ditch or not buy another K1. But that may not be you.

Do your research and decide.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 10-13-18 at 01:44 PM.
    10-13-18 01:31 PM
    We should also note that the Key2 LE also works with Verizon, and it comes with Oreo out the box. So unless you need the capacitive keyboard for scrolling, it might be a better bet at this point to get one of those. I love my VZW KeyOne so it really is just a matter of how heavy you are looking to use it and which one you like more.
    10-13-18 02:14 PM
    Thanks for the info! So how's facebook app working on keyone? Does it let people know you are posting via BlackBerry smartphones app like the old original BlackBerry?

BlackBerry Q10
    I don't and have never used Facebook. That aside, many suggest using Facebook lite and Messager lite, I believe as the full versions are a resource drain.
    10-13-18 04:15 PM
    I will wait for the key2 LE when price drops

BlackBerry Q10
    10-13-18 07:31 PM
    It works well.
    10-13-18 08:22 PM
    Just remember you won't get oreo because Verizon sucks!
    10-13-18 09:49 PM
    We should also note that the Key2 LE also works with Verizon, and it comes with Oreo out the box. So unless you need the capacitive keyboard for scrolling, it might be a better bet at this point to get one of those. I love my VZW KeyOne so it really is just a matter of how heavy you are looking to use it and which one you like more.
    Wheres this source at?????
    10-13-18 09:57 PM
    Wheres this source at?????
    Verizon.
    10-13-18 10:04 PM
    Verizon.
    Really? Finally? Link?
    10-13-18 11:58 PM
    Really? Finally? Link?
    Someone in another thread is using a KEY² LE on Verizon.
    10-14-18 07:39 AM
    Best Buy says...

"The phone will not work with Sprint, Verizon, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile or any other CDMA network."
    10-14-18 07:50 AM
    Best Buy says...

"The phone will not work with Sprint, Verizon, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile or any other CDMA network."
    Well, it's true that it won't work with a CDMA network.

But Verizon has almost completed its phase out of CDMA.
    10-14-18 08:12 AM
    Well, it's true that it won't work with a CDMA network.

But Verizon has almost completed its phase out of CDMA.
    so, with a sprint/T-Mobile merger pending:
    1. did sprint buy tmobile to get the gsm bands and also phase out cdma?
    or
    2. are they taking everything cdma?
    10-14-18 09:16 AM
    When asked about the compatibility of our current company phones and adding new ones, our VZW Enterprise rep told our manager not to worry, that it would be a while yet before they cease using the CDMA bands.

When asked if any new and upcoming BlackBerry phones were currently compatible, he was told no. The K1 was the last (CDMA) phone whitelisted. He said that while there may be some limited access, not all features would be available on non specifically approved phones.

Edit: When asked about new BlackBerry phones it was in reference to CDMA phones, not GSM, which the K2 LE is.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 10-14-18 at 03:29 PM.
    10-14-18 09:19 AM
    If only Verizon would be more upfront about some things. But why expect miracles from the all omnipotent carrier!
    10-14-18 10:40 AM
    so, with a sprint/T-Mobile merger pending:
    1. did sprint buy tmobile to get the gsm bands and also phase out cdma?
    or
    2. are they taking everything cdma?
    Technical details and timelines are yet to be determined, but ultimately, CDMA will go the way of the dodo.
    10-14-18 10:45 AM
    When asked about the compatibility of our current company phones and adding new ones, our VZW Enterprise rep told our manager not to worry, that it would be a while yet before they cease using the CDMA bands.

When asked if any new and upcoming BlackBerry phones were currently compatible, he was told no. The K1 was the last phone whitelisted. He said that while there may be some limited access, not all features would be available on non specifically approved phones.
    KEY² LE is specifically approved.

https://opendevelopment.verizonwirel...se/device/7694
    10-14-18 10:46 AM
    My apologies, we were specifically talking CDMA phones. Yes, the LE that is listed by VZW is a GSM phone. We're trying to keep CDMA phones as long as possible due to the poor GSM signals and performance in our area, which is rural and mountainous.

We've already been notified that when VZW finally drops CDMA, if their GSM coverage and/or signal strength is noticeably lessened , we'll likely be switching to iridium phones for some of our work.
    10-14-18 03:22 PM
    My apologies, we were specifically talking CDMA phones. Yes, the LE that is listed by VZW is a GSM phone. We're trying to keep CDMA phones as long as possible due to the poor GSM signals and performance in our area, which is rural and mountainous.

We've already been notified that when VZW finally drops CDMA, if their GSM coverage and/or signal strength is noticeably lessened , we'll likely be switching to iridium phones for some of our work.
    It's not GSM coverage, it's VoLTE.
    10-14-18 03:30 PM
    It's not GSM coverage, it's VoLTE.
    I use the term GSM incorrectly but generically as opposed to any non-CDMA network. Same expectations though. VZW is telling us THEIR voLTE will be more robust and closely comparable to CDMA voice. That remains to be seen here.
    10-14-18 03:49 PM
    I use the term GSM incorrectly but generically as opposed to any non-CDMA network. Same expectations though. VZW is telling us THEIR voLTE will be more robust and closely comparable to CDMA voice. That remains to be seen here.
    Either way, NO new phones will be produced with NA CDMA bands anyway.
    10-14-18 03:52 PM
    Either way, NO new phones will be produced with NA CDMA bands anyway.
    Except for the new iPhones, Google Pixel 3s, Motorola moto 3s, Samsung S9s - all of which have CDMA bands. All are currently available on Verizon. Maybe these companies didn't get the memo that CDMA is dead.....or......maybe CDMA isn't dead after all!!!!!

Maybe Verizon's decision not to activate "CDMA ONLY" phones is being confused with activating phones that contain CDMA with other bands. Plenty of leading phones on Verizon's site right now can be activated and they have CDMA built in.

Not having CDMA on a phone on Verizon is stupid at the moment. I'm in a suburb of a major US city on Verizon and I'm on 3g or less (CDMA bands) at least once per week. Almost never without coverage though.
    Last edited by Tommy-boy; 10-20-18 at 03:06 PM.
    10-19-18 10:17 PM
32 12