So I'm really interested in buying a KeyOne, but am a little confused if Verizon would support it. I realize there are the GSM and CDMA versions, and Verizon supports the CDMA version, but on the Amazon page some recent reviews read that Verizon will no longer activate the CDMA KeyOne. Is this true? If I order the KeyOne, will I be able to just take my Verizon nano sim from my Galaxy S8+ and put it in the KeyOne? Will it work?
    stefman722 likes this.
    09-12-18 10:30 PM
    An active Verizon nano sim card should work fine in the Verizon KeyOne. I used the nano sim from my PRIV to activate and use a new Verizon KeyOne this summer.
    09-13-18 12:28 AM
    So I'm really interested in buying a KeyOne, but am a little confused if Verizon would support it. I realize there are the GSM and CDMA versions, and Verizon supports the CDMA version, but on the Amazon page some recent reviews read that Verizon will no longer activate the CDMA KeyOne. Is this true? If I order the KeyOne, will I be able to just take my Verizon nano sim from my Galaxy S8+ and put it in the KeyOne? Will it work?
    If you buy from Amazon and it does not work, then you should be able to return it???

When I got my "Verizon" KeyOne all I did was move the sim from my Priv to the KeyOne. (well, actually, I first moved a Tmobile sim and used that for a few days)

Now I don't know if anything has changed since then (more than a year) but I never told Verizon about the change. Although I do now see the KeyOne shown as my device but they had nothing to do with that.
    09-13-18 12:30 AM
    Yes it will work
    09-13-18 03:01 AM
    Yes, the Verizon KeyOne will activate just fine. I'd recommend that you add it with the IMEI number on your Verizon online account before you put the SIM in though. Refer to this thread for more instructions.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...o-1111888-new/
    09-13-18 03:35 AM
    Is it still on the whitelist for new activations?
    09-13-18 05:57 AM
    Is it still on the whitelist for new activations?
    Yes.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-13-18 01:20 PM
    Yes.
    Where is the list? I have seen the one that can be downloaded from the Verizon forums, but I have no idea if that is "official".
    09-13-18 01:22 PM
    I took mine to Verizon in May. They wouldn't even look at it and told me to move SIM. worked fine.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-13-18 01:30 PM
    I took mine to Verizon in May. They wouldn't even look at it and told me to move SIM. worked fine.
    I had to have them call to get HD calling working. They provisioned it but it still didn't work. I had to follow the instructions in the forum and go into some settings to manually turn it on.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-13-18 02:55 PM
    Is the OP still with us?
    09-13-18 09:23 PM
    Is the OP still with us?
    Yes
    09-14-18 12:50 AM
    Yes
    Didn't realize how many had reported issues activating the phone on Verizon....

It should work... If you really want it, give it a try. If it doesn't, return it to Amazon.
    09-14-18 09:29 AM
    Didn't realize how many had reported issues activating the phone on Verizon....

It should work... If you really want it, give it a try. If it doesn't, return it to Amazon.
    Mine was easy to activate. Just put in the sim card and turned it on.
    09-14-18 10:06 AM
    Mine was easy to activate. Just put in the sim card and turned it on.
    Oh I know it should be easy...

I just looked at the KEYone reviews and filtered by Verizon to see what the OP was talking about... Wrong Units? Wrong Info from Support People?
    09-14-18 10:11 AM
    Thanks guys, I ordered it. Its arriving tonight, I'll let you all know what happens.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and FF22 like this.
    09-14-18 12:09 PM
    Thanks guys, I ordered it. Its arriving tonight, I'll let you all know what happens.
    Just make sure if really is the cdma version for Verizon. Others have sometimes received the wrong model. You want PRD 3 in there somewhere.
    09-14-18 02:49 PM
    Just plugged my sim in and all is working well. Thanks guys, excited about my new phone.
    09-14-18 06:06 PM
    Where is the list? I have seen the one that can be downloaded from the Verizon forums, but I have no idea if that is "official".
    Here:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-2843
    09-14-18 07:54 PM
    Why is this in the community forums and not on the main Verizon pages?
    09-14-18 09:22 PM
    Why is this in the community forums and not on the main Verizon pages?
    Don't know, but the list is maintained by Carol_VZW, a Verizon employee. Maybe she decided to put it up because it wasn't available on the Verizon main pages. Regardless, I'm glad someone within the company took the initiative to provide the information. I see no reason to doubt it's validity. Now, if only the Key2 would show up on it......
    dbollman423 likes this.
    09-14-18 11:42 PM
    Others have listed the link below or you can Google it. I had to get a new SIM when I bought mine a year and half ago. I did have to switch it a couple time because they originally gave me a SIM with NFC in it and since the phone hardware has NFC there was a conflict. All works fine and I have HD calling, but not WiFi calling - it is my understanding that VZW will not allow WiFi calling on non VZW phones.

I am waiting to see when and if VZW will sell or whitelist the Key2
    09-15-18 01:52 PM
    Others have listed the link below or you can Google it. I had to get a new SIM when I bought mine a year and half ago. I did have to switch it a couple time because they originally gave me a SIM with NFC in it and since the phone hardware has NFC there was a conflict. All works fine and I have HD calling, but not WiFi calling - it is my understanding that VZW will not allow WiFi calling on non VZW phones.

I am waiting to see when and if VZW will sell or whitelist the Key2
    I have listed it myself lol. I have everything but VVM. I have never had wifi calling on a Verizon phone.
    09-15-18 01:56 PM
    I have listed it myself lol. I have everything but VVM. I have never had wifi calling on a Verizon phone.
    My wife's iPhone 7 has it on VZW.

I never checked my Z30 or previous BlackBerrys
    09-15-18 02:22 PM
    My wife's iPhone 7 has it on VZW.

I never checked my Z30 or previous BlackBerrys
    We have had BlackBerry and Samsung phones and never had it. I don't mind since their coverage is awesome.
    09-15-18 02:25 PM
41 12