We have had BlackBerry and Samsung phones and never had it. I don't mind since their coverage is awesome.
    WiFi calling is a plus - VZW'S signal at my house is weak. I'm near several towers, but live in a very wooded neighborhood and - to VZW's credit - they provided a cell extender to help that. WiFi calling would have eliminated the need for that!
    09-15-18 04:18 PM
    Would love to follow up on OP's original thought about CDMA and the KeyOne on VZW .

I too was debating KEYone for VZW but now am not sure. Will it stop working on their network when CDMA is fazed out Jam 2020? Verizon reps have so little info about BB these days, I'm really hoping someone here can clear this up.

I'm still rocking the Classic but it's dying, and I really, reaaallly want the keypad, but I'm not sure I can wait anymore and don't want to buy a phone that won't work on VZW next year.

Anyway, thank you for any info you can provide.
    10-02-18 10:42 PM
    Would love to follow up on OP's original thought about CDMA and the KeyOne on VZW .

I too was debating KEYone for VZW but now am not sure. Will it stop working on their network when CDMA is fazed out Jam 2020? Verizon reps have so little info about BB these days, I'm really hoping someone here can clear this up.

I'm still rocking the Classic but it's dying, and I really, reaaallly want the keypad, but I'm not sure I can wait anymore and don't want to buy a phone that won't work on VZW next year.

No. It has LTE bands.
    10-03-18 12:38 PM
    I just got my KeyOne today. Moved my Xfinity Mobile (VZW MVNO) SIM over and been working great ever since. Great phone!
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-18 09:08 PM
    My bro-inlaw picked up a K1 a couple of weeks ago and had no issues getting it activated on VZW.
    10-03-18 11:20 PM
    Sorry for the late reply but THANK YOU for replying to me.

To your point, even though Key2 and Key2 LE are GSM but have LTE bands, people are getting those phones to work on VZW with CDMAless provisioning and SFO codes. This is all very exciting. Ha. Thx again.
    12-05-18 08:18 PM
    No. It has LTE bands.

To your point, even though Key2 and Key2 LE are GSM but have LTE bands, people are getting those phones to work on VZW with CDMAless provisioning and SFO codes. This is all very exciting. Ha. Thx again.
    12-05-18 08:20 PM

I'll seek more clarification: I was not aware that the Key2 works on Verizon. So somebody may want to enlighten me. Is there a fix or setting or whatever so get the Key2 to work on Verizon?

The Key2LE does work.
    12-06-18 08:59 PM
    I'll seek more clarification: I was not aware that the Key2 works on Verizon. So somebody may want to enlighten me. Is there a fix or setting or whatever so get the Key2 to work on Verizon?

The Key2LE does work.
    It’s been reported in other threads, people have provisioned an Key2 LE SIM then put into the Key2. This has involved an inexperienced or over-experienced CSR all the way to purchasing the Key2 LE for the SIM provision.
    12-09-18 10:20 AM

I would doubt it will stop working. Only VZW can answer that.

My KEYᵒⁿᵉ has been fine since they came out with it. Took a couple sim changes to get it right.

I thought of updating to the Key2 but VZW hasn't white listed it so far - only the Key2 LE. So perhaps that's an option for you.
    12-09-18 02:55 PM
    It’s been reported in other threads, people have provisioned an Key2 LE SIM then put into the Key2. This has involved an inexperienced or over-experienced CSR all the way to purchasing the Key2 LE for the SIM provision.
    I guess I have not been keeping up with the times or progress (if this can be considered progress).

Actually, what I want to know about Verizon is whether their excellent or, at least, reasonable coverage in the US boonies will remain or suffer from the demise of cdma. If it were to suffer, than my reasons for sticking with Verizon might change.

And it was interesting reading that the rather conservative FCC is investigating false or misleading coverage maps including those of Verizon.
    12-09-18 05:05 PM
    This message from 2-weeks ago was posted on the VZW forums from someone who got Key2 LE and Key2 working:

"I had first bought the blackberry key2. When I put in my sim card, everything worked but I could not receive text messages. After a few days of research, I realized from forms that I should of got the blackberry key2LE. As they said this is the one that works on the network. I then bought the key2le went to best buy to get it hooked up and I ran into the same issue.... Everything worked but I could still not receive text messages. The associate there played around in my account and he changed a few things. I believe the first thing was the sfo 858306 whatever that was... He then changed it to CDMA Less device provisioning. Once he did this everything was working and I was now able to receive text messages.... I said that's weird. If everything worked on the key2 but receiving text messages what would make it different for the key2LE. We then just out of curiosity figured let's try the key2 again and yes everything was now working web,email,phone and text both in and out.... So I'm here to say YES both the key2 and the key2LE will work on the network as long as you do the above. Hope this helps... Verizon please update your notes about these phones."

From this thread: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/950691
    12-09-18 08:32 PM
    I would doubt it will stop working. Only VZW can answer that.

My KEYᵒⁿᵉ has been fine since they came out with it. Took a couple sim changes to get it right.

I thought of updating to the Key2 but VZW hasn't white listed it so far - only the Key2 LE. So perhaps that's an option for you.
    This message from 2-weeks ago was posted on the VZW forums from someone who got Key2 LE and Key2 working:

"I had first bought the blackberry key2. When I put in my sim card, everything worked but I could not receive text messages. After a few days of research, I realized from forms that I should of got the blackberry key2LE. As they said this is the one that works on the network. I then bought the key2le went to best buy to get it hooked up and I ran into the same issue.... Everything worked but I could still not receive text messages. The associate there played around in my account and he changed a few things. I believe the first thing was the sfo 858306 whatever that was... He then changed it to CDMA Less device provisioning. Once he did this everything was working and I was now able to receive text messages.... I said that's weird. If everything worked on the key2 but receiving text messages what would make it different for the key2LE. We then just out of curiosity figured let's try the key2 again and yes everything was now working web,email,phone and text both in and out.... So I'm here to say YES both the key2 and the key2LE will work on the network as long as you do the above. Hope this helps... Verizon please update your notes about these phones."

From this thread: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/950691
    C_McD likes this.
    12-09-18 08:33 PM
    I guess I have not been keeping up with the times or progress (if this can be considered progress).

Actually, what I want to know about Verizon is whether their excellent or, at least, reasonable coverage in the US boonies will remain or suffer from the demise of cdma. If it were to suffer, than my reasons for sticking with Verizon might change.

And it was interesting reading that the rather conservative FCC is investigating false or misleading coverage maps including those of Verizon.
    I read an article a few weeks ago pertaining to rural cell coverage suffering in areas where the only viable signal for customers was VZW and their EOL CDMA coverage. A quote from VZW was posted where they stated in answer to that concern, due to lower signal strength of voLTE , they planned on still having the same coverage footprint, but it would entail additional towers or minitowers to do that.

Who knows what kind of timeline that will be, even if you believed them. On top of that, unlike now when you lose the voLTE signal, it will fall back to 3G or 1x and you at worst still have voice, which I'm most concerned with, but from what I've read, and definitely could be wrong, with voLTE only, if you lose that signal, that's it, finite, dead in the water.

Right now where I live, we very rarely get a 4G voLTE signal, most common is 3G and 1X. Unless they bring in more towers, without CDMA we'll be without cell service.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-10-18 05:20 PM
    I read an article a few weeks ago pertaining to rural cell coverage suffering in areas where the only viable signal for customers was VZW and their EOL CDMA coverage. A quote from VZW was posted where they stated in answer to that concern, due to lower signal strength of voLTE , they planned on still having the same coverage footprint, but it would entail additional towers or minitowers to do that.

Who knows what kind of timeline that will be, even if you believed them. On top of that, unlike now when you lose the voLTE signal, it will fall back to 3G or 1x and you at worst still have voice, which I'm most concerned with, but from what I've read, and definitely could be wrong, with voLTE only, if you lose that signal, that's it, finite, dead in the water.

Right now where I live, we very rarely get a 4G voLTE signal, most common is 3G and 1X. Unless they bring in more towers, without CDMA we'll be without cell service.
    I contacted VZW about dropped calls - near towers, but very wooded neighborhood. To their credit they provided a cell extended and now my signal in my house is 75 to 85 dBm. Of course enabling wifi calling on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ (if they allowed it) would have eliminated the need for the extended.
    01-25-19 08:00 AM
    I contacted VZW about dropped calls - near towers, but very wooded neighborhood. To their credit they provided a cell extended and now my signal in my house is 75 to 85 dBm. Of course enabling wifi calling on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ (if they allowed it) would have eliminated the need for the extended.
    Same problem for me on branded carrier-locked AT&T KEYone for WFC and with Oreo update there’s no VoLTE support anymore. The extenders won’t be supported much longer either unless 5G possibly changes their minds.
    01-25-19 08:08 AM
41 12