Can anyone here imagine being told at the very last second that the wait isn't over if you're a Verizon customer? After all that waiting?

Who ARE these people?!?
    phuoc and OrlandoAlex like this.
    06-04-17 04:40 PM
    They aren't people, they are Verizon and they are better than us mere mortals.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    06-04-17 04:59 PM
    I'm one of them. Bummed out. I sometimes consider moving off Verizon and this wait could do it. Since I'm likely to buy the iPhone 8 this fall and the KEYone and the 8 will be my two phones for the next year or two, this would be a time to switch to AT&T or T-Mobile. I've been off contract for years and won't ever go back on contract, so the only lock in the carriers have is when I pick the subtle variant difference between the phone models.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    06-05-17 05:42 AM
    Thankfully with advancements being made in GSM long-range and building-penetrating technology, the gap in coverage is narrowing all the time. There are still plenty of places where having a GSM phone isn't an option in the U.S. because the towers there are only set up for the higher-frequency bands, which means they work great over short distances without obstructions but can't penetrate walls as well or travel over acres of farmland and forest. T-Mobile has been gradually building a 700MHz network to make it more competitive in that regard.

Edit: I looked into T-Mobile's work in the low frequencies and learned that they recently acquired 600MHz spectrum licenses for the entire country and will be gradually rolling out transceivers for that in the coming years. Unfortunately for me there won't be any towers in Orlando until 2020.
    Last edited by OrlandoAlex; 06-05-17 at 06:19 AM.
    06-05-17 06:09 AM
    I'm one of the bummed Verizon customers that thought the CDMA variant was coming out on the 31st. Not a huge deal seeing as I wasn't going to buy day 1 but now I'm a little worried it's going to be pushed 2 months.
    06-05-17 07:20 AM
    Just got my Amazon delivery update estimated at June 22-July2. Not horrible, I've been waiting months, I can wait a few more weeks.
    06-05-17 08:42 AM
    Thankfully with advancements being made in GSM long-range and building-penetrating technology, the gap in coverage is narrowing all the time. There are still plenty of places where having a GSM phone isn't an option in the U.S. because the towers there are only set up for the higher-frequency bands, which means they work great over short distances without obstructions but can't penetrate walls as well or travel over acres of farmland and forest. T-Mobile has been gradually building a 700MHz network to make it more competitive in that regard.

Edit: I looked into T-Mobile's work in the low frequencies and learned that they recently acquired 600MHz spectrum licenses for the entire country and will be gradually rolling out transceivers for that in the coming years. Unfortunately for me there won't be any towers in Orlando until 2020.
    My brother -in-law works for T-Mobile and confirmed what you wrote.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    06-05-17 10:55 AM
    We also didn't get the Priv on Verizon until FIVE MONTHS after it was released on AT&T and GAME unlocked.

Anyway, there is a thread on this topic- https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...67/index8.html
    06-05-17 12:25 PM
    Wait so... I can order a keyone that works for
    verizon?

I'm so confused!!!!
    06-09-17 03:46 PM
    Wait so... I can order a keyone that works for
    verizon?

I'm so confused!!!!
    06-09-17 03:47 PM
    Verizon uses CDMA. If you check on Amazon, you can indeed order a Keyone that ONLY works on the Verizon network
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-10-17 01:13 AM