I was reading the post over at Android Central regarding the HTC U11 being compatible with Verizon yet not having a CDMA radio. In that same sense of thinking would the US version 1 phone that includes the necessary bands for LTE on Verizon also not be considered compatible?
    05-31-17 07:52 PM
    I was reading the post over at Android Central regarding the HTC U11 being compatible with Verizon yet not having a CDMA radio. In that same sense of thinking would the US version 1 phone that includes the necessary bands for LTE on Verizon also not be considered compatible?
    There is a CDMA version that will be available soon that will be compatible with Verizon and Sprint.
    05-31-17 08:01 PM
    There is a CDMA version that will be available soon that will be compatible with Verizon and Sprint.
    More correctly I think it will be only good for Verizon until sprint whitelist the phone.
    05-31-17 08:04 PM
    I was reading the post over at Android Central
    Since you mentioned it:

Here's the thing: HTC lists the U11 as being compatible with Verizon because it truly means it. The U11 will work just fine on Verizon's network, without any unreasonable hang-ups. Considering nearly all of your data and voice traffic is already going over LTE on your current Verizon phone, you won't likely notice a difference on the U11.

More important than simply having a CDMA radio inside, HTC has gone through the process with Verizon to certify the U11 for use on its network — and that's why it's confident enough to list Verizon compatibility. It has done the same sort of testing for AT&T and T-Mobile as well; there are no guessing games here, the unlocked U11 does what HTC says it will do. That means your U.S. unlocked U11 will support VoLTE (aka HD Voice), Wi-Fi calling and Carrier Aggregation on the four major U.S. networks. HTC even goes on to list popular prepaid carriers like Cricket, MetroPCS, NET 10, Straight Talk and WalMart Family Mobile as fully compatible.
    https://www.androidcentral.com/us-un...and-thats-okay

I doubt TCL did the extra testing that the article says HTC did, but using LTE-only phones on Verizon isn't anything new. Of course, if you're in an area without LTE signal your shiny new HTC/BB won't do you much good, but the impending death of CDMA should reduce the spread of those areas over time.

Still, there is the BBB100-3 CDMA version; while the regular one has all the Verizon bands, you'd need this one for Sprint.
    05-31-17 08:07 PM
    More correctly I think it will be only good for Verizon until sprint whitelist the phone.
    Yes. Whitelisting aside, it will be compatible with both carriers.
    05-31-17 08:07 PM