On the Priv when I'm navigating and then send it to background and use Snapchat, it hangs and I have to wait literally minutes for Snapchat to load.

By that point, I go to my recent apps page, close Maps, then proceed to use SC.

I'm not sure if this is a processor issue or RAM issue, but I do notice when I go back to Maps after loading SC. It refreshes even if I sent it to background a minute ago.

So my question is, how well does the KEYone handle this specific scenario?

This also is an indicator of how well it handles using two resource intensive apps. My Priv = slows to a crawl and hangs. KEYone = ?
    05-07-17 10:59 AM
    Snapchat is an abomination of an app. This shouldn't be used for comparison as that app is a performance hog on even the latest flagship devices. Just FYI.
    05-07-17 11:26 AM
    Snapchat is an abomination of an app. This shouldn't be used for comparison as that app is a performance hog on even the latest flagship devices. Just FYI.
    It worked completely fine on a Galaxy S6 Edge I was using. Sure there were a few hiccups. But that's nothing compared to how the Priv handles it
    05-07-17 11:50 AM
    It worked completely fine on a Galaxy S6 Edge I was using. Sure there were a few hiccups. But that's nothing compared to how the Priv handles it
    Agreed. The PRIV handled it very poorly. Regardless of how much of a "hog" it is, this app is used very often. Devices like the Galaxy S7 have next to no issues running it. My DTEK60 runs it okay, but not nearly as bad as the PRIV was.
    05-07-17 12:19 PM
    I think it most definitely should be used as a comparison. To say it's just a hog and disregard it all together is just a way of ignoring the performance of the device. This app runs perfectly fine on a Galaxy S7 and ridiculously poor on a PRIV. The DTEK60 has nearly identical specs to the S7 and it still doesn't run as good as it does on the S7. I too am interested to see how the KEYone handles it as I use Snapchat almost daily.
    05-07-17 12:22 PM
    People over here are starting to get on my nerves. ALL answers to a bad BlackBerry is "it's android" "snapchat is laggy on all devices". I bet you guys never used another phone other than a BlackBerry. We need objective answers. We want solutions. My God people here are lazy.
    iamci likes this.
    05-07-17 12:43 PM
    People over here are starting to get on my nerves. ALL answers to a bad BlackBerry is "it's android" "snapchat is laggy on all devices". I bet you guys never used another phone other than a BlackBerry. We need objective answers. We want solutions. My God people here are lazy.
    Who knows what it is, all we know around here is that snapchat doesn't run that we'll on privs. It just takes a little while longer to open up but once snapchat is open its ok.

Also instead of calling people lazy for not giving answers, why not give some solutions of your own? Looks like you're just as lazy as everyone else
    rhp525i likes this.
    05-07-17 12:56 PM
    Who knows what it is, all we know around here is that snapchat doesn't run that we'll on privs. It just takes a little while longer to open up but once snapchat is open its ok.

Also instead of calling people lazy for not giving answers, why not give some solutions of your own? Looks like you're just as lazy as everyone else
    Because I don't have a solution ? And I also don't have an answer that doesn't answer the ops concern. I agree with him and want an answer as well. Every time I post here about a real concern, I NEVER get a helpful answer.
    05-07-17 01:12 PM
    I agree when people dismiss poor performance by blaming android or Snapchat. Very lame because it runs completely fine on a lot of other phones
    05-07-17 05:46 PM
    Just started navigation on Google Maps and fired off Snapchat. Watched a few Snapchat stories while Navigation in the background, I didn't see any delay or lag as you have mentioned.

Perhaps it's a mixture of the apps you have on your PRIV and when you last rebooted the phone.
    05-07-17 06:07 PM
    Just started navigation on Google Maps and fired off Snapchat. Watched a few Snapchat stories while Navigation in the background, I didn't see any delay or lag as you have mentioned.

Perhaps it's a mixture of the apps you have on your PRIV and when you last rebooted the phone.
    Thanks! I noticed when I'm in bad signal areas my phone lags and overheats so that could also be another reason.

Really want this phone but also want it to just work!
    05-08-17 12:04 AM