I have exported my Black Passport content on my Passport to the SD. There is an export option in Whats App on the Passport. I cannot seem to access the exported data on SD card now on my Key One. Can some one please provide some assistance?

Much appreciated

Warrior Scholar
    Last edited by Warrior_Scholar; 01-01-18 at 12:32 PM.
    01-01-18 09:50 AM
    Was the card encrypted? Can you see the other data, just not the WhatsApp export?
    01-02-18 11:58 AM
    01-02-18 05:25 PM
    I have exported my Black Passport content on my Passport to the SD. There is an export option in Whats App on the Passport. I cannot seem to access the exported data on SD card now on my Key One. Can some one please provide some assistance?

Much appreciated

Warrior Scholar
    Hi Warrior_Scholar!,

Well, you can try this method (I don't know if it will works, but we don't have too much options. I will do this process when the native BB10 version will shut down forever):

Firstly, if you have installed the Apk version, you have to uninstall it, but do not delete WhatsApp folders!, just only uninstall it.

Secondly, once you have exported your BB10 WhatsApp chats you need to go the the "/SD Card/WhatsApp/Databases" folder (where the export is stored) and rename the original backup export "msgstore.db.crypt8" as "msgstore.db.crypt12" (The APK Android version use this backup name and extension).

Aftar that, you need to go to the "Device/misc/android/WhatsApp/Databases" folder and if you have any previosly backup chats, you need to remove all of them, or better move them in another folder. Then, you need to copy in this folder the "msgstore.db.crypt12" file you had renamed before.

Finally, try to install the APK version again. During the installation, it should ask you if it found your chat backup and if you want to restore it. Of course, you need to choose yes...

So, now, you theoretically should have your chats conversations again!...

If it isn't work, you can tray to do it again, but, restoring your chats back up from the original BB10 export chat ("msgstore.db.crypt8")

Let me know if it's works fine for you. If it's not, I will help you in what I can!.

Regards!,

P.S.: I apologize for my English. I know it isn't very well. Nowadays, I'm in the six level and I do my best effort.
    Last edited by Luciano GC; 01-08-18 at 02:45 PM.
    01-08-18 02:02 PM