Purchasing a used BB K1 (7 months old) tomorrow. Just wanted to ask what all do I need to look for before purchasing the said phone.
    Is there any code to test the hardware which comes natively in Android (Entered in the dialer).
    Thanks
    05-20-18 06:44 AM
    I don't have access to the code but there's a Dialer sequence which can tell you when the device was manufactured. You'd want it after July which is when the Screen failure problem was fixed. If it is a BLACK model, it did not have that screen issue.
    Ishan Bhatnagar likes this.
    05-20-18 09:13 AM
    Yes, it is a black edition. I just found on Google about BBVE. Have you ever used that app or heard of it? From the description of it, it is the thing I'm looking for. Anyway, thanks for your help
    05-20-18 09:51 AM
    Yes, it is a black edition. I just found on Google about BBVE. Have you ever used that app or heard of it? From the description of it, it is the thing I'm looking for. Anyway, thanks for your help
    Yes, Blackberry Virtual Expert. It has a series of tests. Some work on the KeyOne and some don't since it is a different device with a different screen size and KeyBoard.

Some KeyOne's have a Support Center app which also contains some tests. If I recall, not all KeyOne's have it for some reason.
    Ishan Bhatnagar likes this.
    05-20-18 10:53 AM
    If the phone is physically clean, check for light bleed, uniform key lighting and consistent key press travel. Make a test call and check speaker. Other than that most blacks are solid.
    05-20-18 10:35 PM
    I have remember in old BlackBerry's, there was a dialer code that would show you lifetime call stats and data xfer, effectively showing you "how new the device is." I haven't seen anything like that (not even lifetime call time) on Android BlackBerry.
    05-21-18 09:13 AM
    Either download BBVE from apkmirror.com because it won't show on the Play Store if you're using a KEYone.

Or, dial *#2886# and hit MANU and then you'll see all sorts of hardware tests. When you're done, scroll down and hit Exit
    05-22-18 08:37 AM