This is my Second used K1 I've got from ebay. The first one I bought for $200. Was in pristine condition. Tried activate online entered the IMEI got an error "Device not found", then talked to customer support on live chat told me my old Sim card from my Samsung Galaxy s6 edge wasn't compatible and to visit the nearest sprint store to get it activated. Went to the Sprint store for the Sim card and tried activating but gave me the "prepaid phone" error posted below. Thought I just got sent a prepaid phone so I sent that one back and bought a different one. same story for the 2nd one I received, talked to online chat once again who directed me to a online technician who then directed me to someone superior of a technician and told me they had to re add the device to the system. Now I just tried again no luck. Have a phone with no service. Extremely frustrated and I just might return this phone back to the seller and call it quits with sprint.
    Attached Thumbnails Used K1's can't be activated on sprint-911.jpg  
    Last edited by Jakasd; 07-14-18 at 07:58 PM.
    07-14-18 05:58 PM
    This is my Second used K1 I've got from ebay. The first one I bought for $200. Was in pristine condition. Tried activate online entered the IMEI got an error "Device not found", then talked to customer support on live chat told me my old Sim card from my Samsung Galaxy s6 edge wasn't compatible and to visit the nearest sprint store to get it activated. Went to the Sprint store for the Sim card and tried activating but gave me the "prepaid phone" error posted below. Thought I just got sent a prepaid phone so I sent that one back and bought a different one. same story for the 2nd one I received, talked to online chat once again who directed me to a online technician who then directed me to someone superior of a technician and told me they had to re add the device to the system. Now I just tried again no luck. Have a phone with no service. Extremely frustrated and I just might return this phone back to the seller and call it quits with sprint.
    I don't know what version you're buying. But only a Sprint version KEYone will work on Sprint. So if you're buying the unlocked CDMA version you can use on Verizon then you're buy the wrong one
    07-15-18 09:55 AM
    I've been using a Sprint K1 purchased on eBay for months. The listing must clearly say compatible with Sprint. The seller should also be able to send you the ESN / IMEI so you can verify first on Sprint it works.
    Last edited by jdcbomb; 07-29-18 at 08:24 PM.
    07-15-18 01:51 PM
    BB-1003 yes the were sprint branded K1, Sprint bootup/splash screen when powering on and off. The reps said they had to add it back on the database but I tried yet again. No success I have to contact them yet
    07-15-18 05:39 PM
    just an update my after 2 weeks I was finally able to activate the phone.
    quick tips for anyone wanting to used sprint network,
    1. if they tell you they can't activate it instore because it is "prepaid" ask to talk to a manager and have them create a "click it ticket" .

2. if you talk on phone or online chat support always write down the "click it ticket" number and ask for reference chat number.

3. they say it will take 24-48 hours for it to activate don't believe the lies call everyday until the phone is in the database.
    krazyatom and jope28 like this.
    07-28-18 01:08 AM
    07-28-18 03:33 PM
    Hi Everyone
    I had a very tough time finding a sim card that is "COMPATIBLE" with a KeyOne and Sprint. The Phone was sprint specific and ready to be registered. But the stores (all of them in Los angeles, even the corporate, did not have the compatible sim card. I called customer service... they did not have one they could ship me.

So I went to a local store and asked, can you please just try random android sim cards, try to register them in the system (the little pad they use to register / swap phones). After a couple attempts, he was able to register a sim card. It works perfectly, updated the LTE settings and registered the phone after a couple of minutes.

So there are otehr sim cards you can use.. its the one that says virgin, boost, 20016 sim card iccid starts (for mine) w/89011
    09-17-19 02:11 PM
    I bought a sprint compatible keyone off eBay for $56 last week. brought it into the the "repair" sprint store in the area and they had a whole rack of SIM cards. They looked the phone up and after a little back and forth from 2 of the reps they had me setup and ready to go in about 10 minutes.
    09-17-19 08:38 PM
    just curious...is this KeyONE brand new and if not where was it purchased?
    09-17-19 08:39 PM