Having problems with Android Auto. Mostly is the usb cord. It took me many purchases to find one that would work. Lately, it doesn't fit snug into the Keyone. Driving over bumps and it disconnects. Even the USB cord that shipped with the Keyone doesn't fit snug. Any suggestions to improve the grip?
    01-14-19 05:46 PM
    Seems you have the opposite issue as what I did on my KEYone. My USB-C was so snug I thought I'd never get it out each time. FWIW, it was an Anker USB-C cable I used. Maybe try one from them?
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    01-14-19 06:06 PM
    Having problems with Android Auto. Mostly is the usb cord. It took me many purchases to find one that would work. Lately, it doesn't fit snug into the Keyone. Driving over bumps and it disconnects. Even the USB cord that shipped with the Keyone doesn't fit snug. Any suggestions to improve the grip?
    I had a similar problem with USB-C charging cables after my phone was about 18 months old. The cables wouldn't stay in. I did a search and found that some others had similar problems and corrected it by cleaning a very small amount of compressed lint from the USB-C port on the KEYone. I carry my phone in my pocket and apparently it collects a small amount of lint in the USB-C port. Just as they did in the youtube video I found, I used a straight pin and cleaned the deep recess of the charging port. I didn't get a lot of lint out but since that time, my USB-C cables stay in like new. I was a little nervous using a metal pin but didn't have anything else small enough that was non-conductive.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    01-14-19 08:17 PM
    Seems you have the opposite issue as what I did on my KEYone. My USB-C was so snug I thought I'd never get it out each time. FWIW, it was an Anker USB-C cable I used. Maybe try one from them?
    I tried an Anker cable months ago. I cannot recall how the grip was, but it didn't work with Android Auto with my Keyone. So it went straight into a drawer.
    01-15-19 05:01 AM
    I had a similar problem with USB-C charging cables after my phone was about 18 months old. The cables wouldn't stay in. I did a search and found that some others had similar problems and corrected it by cleaning a very small amount of compressed lint from the USB-C port on the KEYone. I carry my phone in my pocket and apparently it collects a small amount of lint in the USB-C port. Just as they did in the youtube video I found, I used a straight pin and cleaned the deep recess of the charging port. I didn't get a lot of lint out but since that time, my USB-C cables stay in like new. I was a little nervous using a metal pin but didn't have anything else small enough that was non-conductive.
    This makes so much sense. I'm going to try this to clean out the port. Thanks for the suggestion!!
    01-15-19 05:02 AM
    Maybe switch the phone off if using a pin.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    01-15-19 05:07 AM
    Maybe switch the phone off if using a pin.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    Yes, exactly what I did. Didn't want to risk shorting out the port. A piece of pocket lint did come out. It connects to the usb cord better now. Still not as nice as I would like. Going try some more.
    01-15-19 07:29 AM
    YES YES YES!!!!

Thank you so much! Using a big magnifying glass with light and opened up a staple, managed to dig out more pocket lint. A nice satisfying "click" when I plug in the USB cord now. Haven't heard that click in close to a year. And yes, I had the unit powered off to prevent risk of shorting the port. So thrilled!! Thanks for the suggestion!
    01-15-19 09:14 AM