Hey, I was wondering, I understand in a normal USB-C cable, or any USB cable, they need it to kind of stay in on their own so they don't get easily pulled out, but I was wondering if they make a cradle where the phone stands up in, but where the plug doesn't hold on. I mean, gravity still exists last time I checked, so that would keep the phone plugged in... I don't get why it also needs to hold on for dear life so that I need like 3 hands and a prybar to get the phone out of the cradle rather than make it so that I can just lift it off with one hand. Do you guys know if anything like that exists? With the loss of the convenience of wireless charging, something like that would come somewhat close to replacing that. I'm a bit annoyed at needing to lean my whole body off the edge of my bed so I can reach over with both hands to take my phone off charge when before I simply grabbed it with one hand off my wireless charging stand...
    07-04-17 10:05 AM
    Hey, I was wondering, I understand in a normal USB-C cable, or any USB cable, they need it to kind of stay in on their own so they don't get easily pulled out, but I was wondering if they make a cradle where the phone stands up in, but where the plug doesn't hold on. I mean, gravity still exists last time I checked, so that would keep the phone plugged in... I don't get why it also needs to hold on for dear life so that I need like 3 hands and a prybar to get the phone out of the cradle rather than make it so that I can just lift it off with one hand. Do you guys know if anything like that exists? With the loss of the convenience of wireless charging, something like that would come somewhat close to replacing that. I'm a bit annoyed at needing to lean my whole body off the edge of my bed so I can reach over with both hands to take my phone off charge when before I simply grabbed it with one hand off my wireless charging stand...

Come on Slag....

I believe it's called exercise or the gym..... LOL :-)
    BigBadWulf and kbz1960 like this.
    07-04-17 10:16 AM
    Add a wireless coil to it.
    07-04-17 10:21 AM
    Come on Slag....

I believe it's called exercise or the gym..... LOL :-)

He's actually in pretty good shape, just all thumbs.

I think anything that only depends on gravity would be subject to iffy contact and possible arching, which could result in a serious issue.
    FF22 and NightFire like this.
    07-04-17 10:27 AM
    LOL.
    That is the progress of human society where there is a tendency for less direct physical contact with the outside world which thus eventually reduced the multiple openings and/or contact points to one single entrance for physical contact when transfer of power and data. You are already in the future where no physical contact is required no more but have dragged yourselves back into the past for one KEY love.

BTW, gravity increase with mass. While it is impossible to increase that of the earth, you can increase that of the cradle. Try some lead. Or else some really good glue, the kind that won't make your cradle pop out of its station.
    07-04-17 10:28 AM
    USB cables have connections for data as well as power. Unlike a basic battery charger plug with only two connections, a USB-C connector has 24 connections.
    07-04-17 10:30 AM
    What USB-C cradles have you tried so far?
    07-04-17 11:52 AM
    What USB-C cradles have you tried so far?
    Just one, don't want to spend tons of money buying every cradle in the market. That's why I'm asking for advice, lol. This is the one I got:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M59L6H8...UvbUpU12950177

I was thinking about somehow attaching the actual cradle to the deck, that way I can just pull the phone off of it with one hand, but the bottom of it looks like it might come apart. I'll have to think of a way to attach it to where the main body of the unit is all held firmly...
    07-04-17 03:10 PM

He's actually in pretty good shape, just all thumbs.

I think anything that only depends on gravity would be subject to iffy contact and possible arching, which could result in a serious issue.
    Lol, thanks, been slacking in the exercise department though, haha. Yah, maybe I will try to think of a way to hold it down. It's just sometimes when I'm half awake and want to check my phone for notifications or something it's easier to reach over and grab it with one hand as it's not like directly next to my bed, there's a bit of a gap between my bed and my desk, so leaning my body over to get both hands on it is kind of a hassle, lol.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-04-17 03:15 PM
    Glue your cradle to a weight...
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-04-17 03:21 PM
    That's what I'm thinking. You'll need to stock up on screen glue anyway, so...

kbz1960 likes this.
    07-04-17 03:39 PM
    I was thinking that he could move some of the duct holding the screen on could be used to anchor the cradle to the underlying surface!
    07-04-17 07:23 PM
    I was thinking that he could move some of the duct holding the screen on could be used to anchor the cradle to the underlying surface!
    Even better would be the double sided tape on the car mount that was so strong the guy ripped off his screen when he tried to remove it.
    07-04-17 10:45 PM
    Check ebayas I've seen some after market type cradles that area usbC
    07-04-17 10:59 PM
    Or he could pull just the screen instead of the whole phone, if that screen has reached a removable state.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-17 11:34 PM
    Even better would be the double sided tape on the car mount that was so strong the guy ripped off his screen when he tried to remove it.
    Did I miss this one truly or an urban legend?
    07-05-17 12:45 AM
    Did I miss this one truly or an urban legend?
    It was actually the back of the phone that came off, not the screen:
    "I stuck my phone on a sticky car mount and when I took it off half the back cover came right off."
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...apart-1110516/
    FF22 likes this.
    07-05-17 12:53 AM