Hi reading I should get a better charger.

Can I buy a 3.0 USB charger plug and just use the USB c cable that came with the keyone charger?

Or do you need to get a full usb c charger was gonna get aukey again
    06-18-17 10:15 AM
    If you normally charge overnight you're better off to simply use a standard charger which won't stress your phone's battery unnecessarily. You can always use the included charger when you actually do need a quick charge. No need to invest in a QC3 charger if you really don't need one.
    06-18-17 10:58 AM
    yeah with keyone really don't need to charge fast.

I can just plug the keyone usbc into a standard one?
    06-18-17 11:00 AM
    yeah with keyone really don't need to charge fast.

I can just plug the keyone usbc into a standard one?
    Yes, a charger that supplies a lower charging current will just give you a slower charge. You can also use a computer or laptop port for charging.
    06-18-17 11:29 AM
    Will type C work on a passport?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 06:43 PM
    Will type C work on a passport?
    The K1 has a USB-C connector and the phone supports QuickCharge.

The Passport has a micro-USB connector and the phone does not support QC.
    06-18-17 10:51 PM
    one advantage to the quick charge 3 as opposed to the 2 is that it actually leaves the battery cooler. I work at night. I charge up just before heading off to work, for about an hour, when I charge my zenwatch 2 and my KEYone. that keeps me going for the next 23 hours.
    06-19-17 06:21 AM
    If you normally charge overnight you're better off to simply use a standard charger which won't stress your phone's battery unnecessarily. You can always use the included charger when you actually do need a quick charge. No need to invest in a QC3 charger if you really don't need one.
    Are you saying the 3.0 chargers ruin the battery more quickly than the one that came w the device? Is that a 2.0 charger?
    06-19-17 02:24 PM
    Are you saying the 3.0 chargers ruin the battery more quickly than the one that came w the device? Is that a 2.0 charger?
    No, if you need to use QuickCharge regularly QC3 is better. It allows for negotiation between the phone and the charger to set the charging rate, resulting in a more efficient charging process and less heating.
    06-19-17 02:30 PM
    No, if you need to use QuickCharge regularly QC3 is better. It allows for negotiation between the phone and the charger to set the charging rate, resulting in a more efficient charging process and less heating.
    I typically leave it plugged in Overnight, then charge up when it's abt 25percent.
    06-19-17 02:32 PM
    People are saying the included charger is 2.0 and indeed it does make the phone very hot; I've even used a third party aukey one and it seems way cooler.

I was reading 3.0 chargers are better since more modern and can regulate better; not really sure though on that

Many will also say that even with using the QC by the time you fried your battery you would have a new phone anyway.
    06-19-17 02:32 PM
    I've had the phone for abt a week. Always have used a 3.0 charger. never once felt hot, which I did w the PRIV.

battery life seems medium, much better than PRIV but not as amazing as some to hers are reporting.
    06-19-17 03:41 PM
    I've had the phone for abt a week. Always have used a 3.0 charger. never once felt hot, which I did w the PRIV.
    That's the main advantage of 3.0 versus 2.0 (which the Priv has).
    06-19-17 03:47 PM
    The charger that comes with the KEYone is excellent. Slightly better than the FastCharger that used to be sold on shop.blackberry.com.

For the curious ones:

QuickCharging 2.0: provides the maximum amperage a battery can take, up to 2 Amps. It usually also goes a little above 5.0V (5.2). it delievers around 10W.

FastCharging (or 3.0): delievers 9V instead of 5V, while often lowering the amps, still the overall current tends to be higher (12-14W).

If your phone doesn't support the FastCharging protocol these chargers will only deliever 5V.
    06-19-17 04:08 PM
    The charger that comes with the KEYone is excellent. Slightly better than the FastCharger that used to be sold on shop.blackberry.com.

For the curious ones:

QuickCharging 2.0: provides the maximum amperage a battery can take, up to 2 Amps. It usually also goes a little above 5.0V (5.2). it delievers around 10W.

FastCharging (or 3.0): delievers 9V instead of 5V, while often lowering the amps, still the overall current tends to be higher (12-14W).

If your phone doesn't support the FastCharging protocol these chargers will only deliever 5V.
    With variable voltage and current Quick Chargers it's the power in Watts (Volts x Amps) delivered to the phone that determines how fast the phone charges. More power also means more heat, but the negotiation feature of QC3 makes it a more efficient process than QC2.
    06-19-17 05:44 PM
    My phone gets quite warm with qc 2
    06-19-17 05:50 PM