All,

Never been happier with any other of my blackberries over the ten years and two months I've held only blackberry phones than with my KeyOne, but today I just suffered the "rare" screen separation issue, with the display coming completely separated from the phone so I cannot see anything on my phone.

Presumably am going to have a pretty difficult time sending anything from my current phone to a replacement but please advise if that should be able to work with Content Transfer without being able to have my display working on current phone.

Anyway,

Calling blackberry mobile for a factory replacement warranty. I have to call back tomorrow as no one can process my credit card (to put a hold on my card in case I don't send the current one back to them) today as it is Sunday, I guess, , and was dealing with a pretty difficult agent on the phone so let me ask two questions:

1. Does the blackberry keyone black operate just as well (dual sim or any other issue, just unsure) as a regular keyone on a US mobile network (I use AT&T) ?

2. Does anyone know if blackberry mobile even CAN, much less WILL, replace the keyone under factory warranty with a keyone Black, in the US? Considering what I read about the purchase price in India, I could imagine a possibility where that would be acceptable.

I don't expect it to happen but I would prefer to try in case it can work, as I'd much prefer a keyone with a second sim slot, more ram, double storage space, obviously.

Thanks for the help, I have about 25 hrs until I can call in to process my card and finally get the ball rolling. Was also told I should have the phone by Friday (it's Sunday now) - anyone know if turnaround time tends to be quicker than that? Going a few hrs w out my phone much less five days is pretty difficult...

Thanks
    08-20-17 07:00 PM
    1) Yes, it should have the exact same connectivity as the BBB100-1 model (which is what you bought), i.e. not Verizon or Sprint.
    2) No, since it's only sold in India and is technically under the domain of BlackBerry's Indian licensee (Optiemus Infracom) rather than BlackBerry Mobile.
    JWW likes this.
    08-20-17 07:12 PM
    Are you/anyone aware of an avenue to obtain it in the US?
    08-20-17 09:09 PM
    This sounds a little bit suspicious. Just my take.
    08-20-17 10:09 PM
    A bit suspicious of what? To try to obtain one? That's exactly what's I'm asking.
    Last edited by JWW; 08-20-17 at 10:47 PM.
    portplayer likes this.
    08-20-17 10:11 PM
    The good news is you'll receive a bullet proof replacement device from BBMo. The bad news is there is no possibility it will be black (unless you're good with a Sharpie).

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    08-20-17 11:45 PM
    Short of knowing a guy in India, no.
    08-21-17 12:08 AM
    Short of knowing a guy in India, no.
    Exactly nice try tho,points for effort!
    08-21-17 05:21 AM
    Sure, I know people in India, but is the phone obtainable there, currently (i had heard sold out). Also, any reason to believe the phone may be better OR more obtainable once it's manufactured in India starting sometime (we think) next month?
    08-21-17 03:19 PM
    even if they did sell one here. You would only be able to exchange it for the exact(color) one as you ordered.
    08-21-17 03:22 PM
    isnt the purchase price in india 39900 rupees which is 622 dollars..means its more expensive than the US version plus i highly doubt they will switch it for you.. its not made by TCL.. its made buy another company because TCL can't license the products there it was a way around it to be sold there..
    08-21-17 09:33 PM