Need help on upgrading a "new" bberry fron 7.1.1 to 8?

BBB-100-2
    Android 7.1.1
    Patch June 5, 2018
    Build ABA693

Thanks in advance.
    FJohn

p.s., it's for my one armed fiancé who needs that physical keyboard.
    09-27-21 06:00 PM
    Need help on upgrading a "new" bberry fron 7.1.1 to 8?

BBB-100-2
    Android 7.1.1
    Patch June 5, 2018
    Build ABA693

Thanks in advance.
    FJohn

p.s., it's for my one armed fiancé who needs that physical keyboard.
    https://mega.nz/file/sQg01CpL#ZnumQ_...9Xz-bBS_FavpP8

Download to PC, unzip, put device in bootloader mode, plug in device, run flashall.bat.

You will likely need the USB drivers for your PC:

https://mega.nz/file/YVI0VKpR#38iPAM...Q2t1X-Ro2M82WI
    ucghandyman likes this.
    09-27-21 07:32 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. When I sat down to play with the phone, I found that it has automagically updated to 8.1. When I questioned fiancé, she reported that it asked permission to upgrade and she said yes. I reminded her that was not neccesarily a good security strategy. I got "whatever". Well all's well that ends well. Again, thanks for that quick answer. She has a box of dead bberries; mostly with hardware problems or eaten keyboards from her cockatoo. Luckily, I've found a hardware guy to fix them. (I only send one out for repair, if I don't have a spare.). I don't knwo what she'll do if they ever can't be fixed. As she says: "it is NOT a handicapped friendly world.). Best wishes.
    ucghandyman likes this.
    09-28-21 09:42 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. When I sat down to play with the phone, I found that it has automagically updated to 8.1. When I questioned fiancé, she reported that it asked permission to upgrade and she said yes. I reminded her that was not neccesarily a good security strategy. I got "whatever". Well all's well that ends well. Again, thanks for that quick answer. She has a box of dead bberries; mostly with hardware problems or eaten keyboards from her cockatoo. Luckily, I've found a hardware guy to fix them. (I only send one out for repair, if I don't have a spare.). I don't knwo what she'll do if they ever can't be fixed. As she says: "it is NOT a handicapped friendly world.). Best wishes.
    Most won't be worth fixing once BlackBerry shutdown their servers the first of next years. The Android Devices like the KEYone won't be affected, but anything BB10 or BBOS will be.

Guess it depends on the type of handicapped, but I know a few and they a really big on tech and use of Virtual Assistants. If you take time to learn how to speak to one, it's pretty amazing what they can take care of for you.
    09-28-21 10:17 AM