I have received a message 'The password for ****@yahoo.co.uk is incorrect. Do you want to update now?' I am sending and receiving emails on this address without any problems and therefore concerned about responding to this message, in case I lose my email address.
    03-03-18 01:17 AM
    Just Yahoo being weird as it does. Delete the account and readd it or edit the settings with whatever your current password is.
    03-03-18 01:38 AM
    I've had this issue with my Yahoo account in the Mail app on my computer occasionally for the last couple of months. Heard that Yahoo Mail access was the problem. If you google it you may see others complaining as I did.
    03-03-18 07:11 AM
    Yup. Sounds about right for Yahoo!. My girlfriend still uses them for email and it happens to her all the time in the Gmail app. As Bla1ze said, just delete and add the account back or just update the settings using your current login info and it should solve the problem. It worked for her at least.
    03-03-18 07:50 AM
    Thanks guys.
    03-03-18 12:44 PM
    Yup. Sounds about right for Yahoo!. My girlfriend still uses them for email and it happens to her all the time in the Gmail app. As Bla1ze said, just delete and add the account back or just update the settings using your current login info and it should solve the problem. It worked for her at least.
    Unfortunately I've had a @sky.com account from Day One and it's been my main email ever since then too, so for at least 10 years now probably quite a stretch longer.

Back in that time the mail service provider for Sky was Gmail but for reasons only known to themselves(I assume financial) they changed over to Yahoo in 2013 and it's been nothing but dramas since, Yahoo Mail is proper two bob!

I am no tech expert so please excuse my inferior knowledge and input but it was such an email account lockout with 'update password' message on my KeyOne that prompted me to search on here.

Having acquired a 16 letter unlock code direct from Sky Yahoo's help section my email account was up 'n running on the KeyOne again but was locked on an old Samsung tablet.

No such issues accessing my mail account from sky.com or yahoo.com on a PC or on the Ipad either, so I called Sky and it seems to have been that for some reason the Android settings switched to SSL rather than SSL(accept all certificates) and need to be on the latter apparently if that helps anyone.
    02-21-19 05:17 AM