Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi guys:

I bought a Keyone on eBay wich is unlocked AT&T keyone.

Ive seen on the forums that some already got the update but I still don't have it on mine. Now to be honest received the BlackBerry today and tried updating!

Do I need to keep trying or theres another way?
    JoDu8 likes this.
    07-22-19 09:39 PM
    Hi guys:

I bought a Keyone on eBay wich is unlocked AT&T keyone.

Ive seen on the forums that some already got the update but I still don't have it on mine. Now to be honest received the BlackBerry today and tried updating!

Do I need to keep trying or theres another way?
    What do you mean by "the" update?

And what is your current OS build and device PRD (type *#837837# into your phone dialer)?
    07-22-19 10:31 PM
    What do you mean by "the" update?

And what is your current OS build and device PRD (type *#837837# into your phone dialer)?
    Product Name:
    BBB100-1
    Software Version:
    AAO750
    Hardware Version:
    PRD-63116-036
    07-22-19 10:51 PM
    Product Name:
    BBB100-1
    Software Version:
    AAO750
    Hardware Version:
    PRD-63116-036
    You haven't received ANY of the updates (there have been more than 20).

If you're not on AT&T, you'll need an AT&T SIM to get the updates.
    07-23-19 06:43 AM
    I'm not in AT&T I'm on T-Mobile. So let me see where I can get a AT&T SIM card! Does it have to be working or is it only to put the SIM and done?
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    07-23-19 07:04 AM
    I'm not in AT&T I'm on T-Mobile. So let me see where I can get a AT&T SIM card! Does it have to be working or is it only to put the SIM and done?
    If I recall, you don't need an active subscription, but I could be wrong.
    07-23-19 08:25 AM
    Tried with a dead SIM card and nothing
    07-23-19 08:31 AM
    Is it the Space Black AT&T model or just an unlocked KEYone?
    07-23-19 08:47 AM
    Is it the Space Black AT&T model or just an unlocked KEYone?
    07-23-19 09:15 AM
    Isn't ABT975 the latest/greatest for that model? Nope...nevermind...ABX992.
    07-23-19 09:22 AM
    Tried with a dead SIM card and nothing
    Has to be AT&T SIM that's active in their system.
    07-23-19 11:18 AM
    Isn't ABT975 the latest/greatest for that model? Nope...nevermind...ABX992.
    Correct ABX992
    07-23-19 11:19 AM
    if you call AT&T and explain, they may even sent you an active sim that will die out after a couple of days... Also you could go to an AT&T store and talk to one of the employees and they may let you put a sim in there for a little while just to do the update... You don't have to wait for 20 updates, will update to the latest...
    07-23-19 11:29 AM
    Thabks let me see
    07-23-19 11:32 AM
    Thabks let me see
    Must be a buddy in the office on AT&T.
    07-23-19 11:47 AM
    so this is what I did. I downloaded mobile upgrade q 5.1.8 and let it do its thing and it updated to Oreo 8.1.0
    07-23-19 02:49 PM
    if you call AT&T and explain, they may even sent you an active sim that will die out after a couple of days... Also you could go to an AT&T store and talk to one of the employees and they may let you put a sim in there for a little while just to do the update... You don't have to wait for 20 updates, will update to the latest...
    Only when the CEO of AT&T is a leprechaun that rides a unicorn along a rainbow path to a pot of gold shared with all customers.....
    IceCreamPlz likes this.
    07-23-19 05:03 PM
    AT&T has gotten a bit weird in recent years. Not only do you need an active AT&T SIM, but, I believe, also a matching IMEI number in their system.

And, AT&T clears out unused IMEI numbers after about 6 months off their system. Which also makes it hard to easily get an unlock code from them if the phone has been off their system for too long.
    07-23-19 05:14 PM
    To unlock a AT&T phone off network for a period of time you need to do the following:

The phone must be put on an active AT&T account, with SIM.
    Request to unlock the phone through AT&T, the process will take a few days.
    A code will be sent via e mail to unlock the phone.

I had an AT&T classic and wanted to give it to a friend of mine. I had to put it back on my account and then unlock. This was a bit of a pain, but according to a company rep that comes to my company, the reason being they can check to make sure the phone is not stolen, account paid in full.
    07-23-19 06:22 PM
    I just got the Oreo on my eBay att keyone and now the phone isn't working properly during calls. I have to turn speaker off to talk and on to hear. Anyone else? I restarted phone twice with no change.
    07-25-19 04:01 PM
    I just got the Oreo on my eBay att keyone and now the phone isn't working properly during calls. I have to turn speaker off to talk and on to hear. Anyone else? I restarted phone twice with no change.
    What I did was download mobile Q upgrade 5.8.1 and let it do its thing (the phone will be erased). Once it finished the phone had Oreo 8.1.0 and working awesome the battery life is better! and feel it more responsive
    07-26-19 08:01 AM
    Only when the CEO of AT&T is a leprechaun that rides a unicorn along a rainbow path to a pot of gold shared with all customers.....
    They did it for me once, I still have the SIM card they sent me... Of course it's no longer active...

With the AT&T card installed in the device it is possible, even if the card is not active, that the updates can be performed over Wi-Fi connection if the Wi-Fi connection is AT&T
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 07-27-19 at 11:23 AM.
    07-26-19 09:28 AM
    They did it for me once, I still have the SIM card they sent me... Of course it's no longer active...

With the AT&T card installed in the device it is possible, even if the card is not active, that the updates can be performed over Wi-Fi connection if the Wi-Fi connection is AT&T
    Are you referring to AT&T Uverse or some other kind of traditional non mobile offerings?
    07-28-19 01:35 PM