Yesterday on my keyone when I was checking whether the Oreo update arrived or not, I noticed that in the system app section, it said "can't connect to the server" even though the Internet is working fine, and the 'update' section didn't get this error. It checked and simply said "your device is up to date"
    What could be the problem? I'm afraid I may not get any updates if problems like these occur.
    Running Nougat 7.1.1 on July security patch
    Attached Thumbnails Update App Issue-252501.jpg  
    09-01-18 04:52 AM
    Yesterday on my keyone when I was checking whether the Oreo update arrived or not, I noticed that in the system app section, it said "can't connect to the server" even though the Internet is working fine, and the 'update' section didn't get this error. It checked and simply said "your device is up to date"
    What could be the problem? I'm afraid I may not get any updates if problems like these occur.
    I'm on the same boat, still on July sec patch and no oreo, guess we can't do anything else but wait and see what happens with our updates.
    09-01-18 05:09 AM
    I'm on the same boat, still on July sec patch and no oreo, guess we can't do anything else but wait and see what happens with our updates.
    Yes. But do you face this issue? "Can't connect to the server"?
    09-01-18 05:39 AM
    if I had it to do again, I would NOT do oreo...
    09-01-18 05:40 AM
    Yes, I was reading your thread just now. Scary from what you've mentioned. My battery life is very dear to me
    09-01-18 05:43 AM
    I am also facing this.
    Attached Thumbnails Update App Issue-3354.jpg  
    AnkurTri1 likes this.
    09-01-18 08:53 AM
    Yes, I was reading your thread just now. Scary from what you've mentioned. My battery life is very dear to me
    Battery life is no different than Nougat.
    09-01-18 09:51 AM
    I am also facing this.
    Oh! Glad to know I'm not alone
    09-01-18 10:22 AM
    I've just checked it, same thing! Are you maybe enrolled for BlackBerry beta apps program?
    09-01-18 10:33 AM
    Battery life is no different than Nougat.
    Quite a number of users say otherwise. Based on the threads and posts here it appears to be one of the most reported changes noticed on O.

That being said, I have no doubt that many who report a significant battery increase are actually experiencing the difference between a cached out, bogged down phone to a cleaned up one, as many times the case with an OS upgrade.
    09-01-18 10:44 AM
    I've gotten 2 days and 20 hours w/ light usage on Oreo. With any major OS upgrade, such as Nougat to Oreo, you'll want to do a factory reset if you run into any strange issues like abnormal battery drain.
    09-01-18 10:51 AM
    I've just checked it, same thing! Are you maybe enrolled for BlackBerry beta apps program?
    Nope!!
    09-01-18 11:58 AM
    I'm having the same "can not connect to server issue" as well. I'm still on Nougat too. Using a BBB100-7, 001
    09-01-18 08:23 PM
    Pretty simple, the server is down. Nothing to do with you's all. Try again in the morning...
    09-01-18 09:05 PM
    You really are a "negative Nelly".

Or was that " Debbie Downer"?
    09-01-18 09:09 PM
    Pretty simple, the server is down. Nothing to do with you's all. Try again in the morning...
    Okay, thanks!
    09-01-18 10:56 PM
    Yup was what I was thinkin. It's back up now.
    09-02-18 12:59 AM
    You really are a "negative Nelly".

Or was that " Debbie Downer"?
    Nope. My KEYᴼᴺᴱ ran reasonably on N but has lots of annoying troubles on O and no visible benefit to the upgrade. Of course, BlackBerry doesn't offer choice of keeping N with security updates. Ainsi soit-il...
    09-02-18 08:50 AM
    Nope. My KEYᴼᴺᴱ ran reasonably on N but has lots of annoying troubles on O and no visible benefit to the upgrade. Of course, BlackBerry doesn't offer choice of keeping N with security updates. Ainsi soit-il...
    It is astonishing how much better the KEYᵒⁿᵉ runs on Oreo. I just have no idea where you're coming from.
    09-02-18 09:08 AM
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!

First, you complain about not getting Android OS upgrade.... now you complain about getting OS upgrade.

BBMo/TCL is going to put you on a Do Not Sell Devices To list.....

Seriously, I feel I have lost small amount of battery life going from Nougat to Oreo. I’ve always felt hardware devices are optimized for the OS introduced with but I’m, wait for it............. , not an IT guy so I don’t really know whether I’m right or not. Anyway, I’m always poking at people so thought only fair to share agreements with those same people too.
    09-02-18 09:11 AM
    It is astonishing how much better the KEYᵒⁿᵉ runs on Oreo. I just have no idea where you're coming from.
    32 second reboot seemed to fix my Oreo battery life perception issue for the most part. Still does seem like minor drain increase still though.

With KEYone purchase in January, I never downloaded all my apps to device, just as I needed them for one time use or so. When I did Oreo upgrade, I also did factory reset shortly before to fix another “spark alert email account” issue. After Oreo upgrade, I decided to install all my apps from Google library which practically doubled apps installed on my phone.

Do those apps sitting on my device, while not actively being used, still run some minimal functions that increase battery drain? I’m finishing days with 25-35% battery where before I would finish around 45-55% battery. Still plenty of battery, however, still less than before.
    09-02-18 09:22 AM
    32 second reboot seemed to fix my Oreo battery life perception issue for the most part. Still does seem like minor drain increase still though.

With KEYone purchase in January, I never downloaded all my apps to device, just as I needed them for one time use or so. When I did Oreo upgrade, I also did factory reset shortly before to fix another “spark alert email account” issue. After Oreo upgrade, I decided to install all my apps from Google library which practically doubled apps installed on my phone.

Do those apps sitting on my device, while not actively being used, still run some minimal functions that increase battery drain? I’m finishing days with 25-35% battery where before I would finish around 45-55% battery. Still plenty of battery, however, still less than before.
    Yes, apps run in the background.

Go to Power Settings app, and disable run in background for any apps you don't need constant notifications from.
    09-02-18 09:24 AM
    Yes, apps run in the background.

Go to Power Settings app, and disable run in background for any apps you don't need constant notifications from.
    Thanks, Oreo seems to have a lot of new options too so, it will just take adjustments..
    09-02-18 09:56 AM
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!

First, you complain about not getting Android OS upgrade.... now you complain about getting OS upgrade.

BBMo/TCL is going to put you on a Do Not Sell Devices To list.....

Seriously, I feel I have lost small amount of battery life going from Nougat to Oreo. I’ve always felt hardware devices are optimized for the OS introduced with but I’m, wait for it............. , not an IT guy so I don’t really know whether I’m right or not. Anyway, I’m always poking at people so thought only fair to share agreements with those same people too.
    I don't recall complaining about waiting for Oreo. I do recalled advising myself out loud to wait before installing Oreo to see what kind of reactions were posted hear about what was broken by the update. I should have waited further but I didn't. That's the regret.

One more thing, do you really think the TCL has wherewithal to maintain a "do not sell" list of customers. That way they might lose perhaps as much as 40-50 percent of their sales by simply putting them on that list. Then do you think that the resellers such as Walmart and whatnot would actually listen to that anyhow as somebody comes in waving cash. I don't think they're doing such a thing and I wonder what brought that mind...
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 09-03-18 at 04:08 AM.
    09-02-18 11:51 AM
    I don't recall complaining about waiting for Oriole. I do recalled advising myself out loud to wait before installing Oreo to see what kind of reactions were posted hear about what was broken by the update. I should have waited further but I didn't. That's the regret.

One more thing, do you really think the TCL has to wear with all to maintain a do not sell list two customers. That way they might lose perhaps as much as 40-50 percent of their customers by simply putting them on that list. Then do you think that the resellers such as Walmart and whatnot would actually listen to that anyhow as somebody comes in waving cash. I don't think they're doing such a thing and I wonder what brought that mind...
    I was kidding with you.... see the part after that where I typed “seriously”..... I then wrote I actually was in agreement with you...and thought enough to say it
    09-02-18 08:35 PM
26 12