This is so confusing to me.

BlackBerry Limited has absolutely nothing to do with the products of their licencees.

This "scheme" brought us keyboard devices for a few more years, so I'm thankful.
    I has EVERYTHING to do with the software they update and maintain for the products of their licencees. Their name is on the software and hardware. How is that confusing to you? Sure you might be comforted falling back on the "legal" arrangements made but to the lay person and user it's just plain BS and two grown companies crying spilled milk. Where in the F is Android 9 for the Key 2 series? (And it should even be available for the KeyOne. A device with a cost greater than a One Plus device at release)

I know the response coming however this matter of updates or lack there of beginning @ the PRIV ARE a direct correlation to the issues and lack of loyalty users have toward BOTH BlackBerry Mobile and Blackberry ltd as each has a responsibility to the various devices they have produced, support, the brand and users. If the expensive PRIV had a 3 OS update, the DTEK even one!, and the KeyOne 3 more users would probably be more willing to continue to upgrade and support devices correct?
    10-29-19 09:58 AM
    I has EVERYTHING to do with the software they update and maintain for the products of their licencees. Their name is on the software and hardware. How is that confusing to you? Sure you might be comforted falling back on the "legal" arrangements made but to the lay person and user it's just plain BS and two grown companies crying spilled milk. Where in the F is Android 9 for the Key 2 series? (And it should even be available for the KeyOne. A device with a cost greater than a One Plus device at release)

I know the response coming however this matter of updates or lack there of beginning @ the PRIV ARE a direct correlation to the issues and lack of loyalty users have toward BOTH BlackBerry Mobile and Blackberry ltd as each has a responsibility to the various devices they have produced, support, the brand and users. If the expensive PRIV had a 3 OS update, the DTEK even one!, and the KeyOne 3 more users would probably be more willing to continue to upgrade and support devices correct?
    BlackBerry Limited is strictly a vendor to TCL - no more. Same as the SoC or memory chip supplier.

What the end consumer thinks is irrelevant. BlackBerry Limited isn't paid enough to even care.

And before you say that BlackBerry should care about its name in the handset space - they don't. Nor do any of their IoT or Cylance customers.
    10-29-19 10:00 AM
    BlackBerry Limited is strictly a vendor to TCL - no more. Same as the SoC or memory chip supplier.

What the end consumer thinks is irrelevant. BlackBerry Limited isn't paid enough to even care.

And before you say that BlackBerry should care about its name in the handset space - they don't. Nor do any of their IoT or Cylance customers.
    It's evident by the lack of support beyond 24 months or even one OS update or less BlackBerry Ltd. does not care about its name in the handset space. It's one of the reasons there in the space they are in since adoption of Android in mobility and handsets.
    10-30-19 04:50 PM
    It's evident by the lack of support beyond 24 months or even one OS update or less BlackBerry Ltd. does not care about its name in the handset space. It's one of the reasons there in the space they are in since adoption of Android in mobility and handsets.
    You're 100% right that they don't have any interest in investing time, money or effort into handsets. They don't mind providing their version of Android and licensing their brand for a fee, but see no reason to spend a penny on that business unless someone else is footing the bill. That's not a surprise. It's exactly what they decided to do and announced back in 2016.

They were willing to transfer all the risk and most of the reward for handsets to their licensees, but it was never their intention to foot the bill for support of the devices that other companies sold. The fact that their name is on the phones does not change anything.

If I buy a Star Wars figure from a toy company that licensed the brand from Disney, and the toy breaks when I take it out of the package, I can either return it to the retailer or the toy company, but I can't expect Disney to do anything about it, as they al have zero responsibility for designing, manufacturing or selling the Toy.

Disney might be embarrassed and decide not to license any more properties to that company in the future, but it's not their responsibility to fix the problem.

Customers have a relationship with BlackBerry Mobile and the retailer who sold them their phone. They have no relationship to BlackBerry. The fact that BlackBerry is the brand on the phone is immaterial.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    10-30-19 05:05 PM
    BlackBerry already gave up on that market in 2016. They left the building.

If licencees want to take a shot at it, they are welcome - but BlackBerry doesn't want to have anything to do with it (apart from supplying software when paid to do so).
    10-30-19 05:22 PM
    sorry… I've been befuddled for years… confusion has its merits

BlackBerry plants its name on the device, not TCL.. if it is not likeable, people decry the namesake, not the company most (myself included) never heard of before BlackBerry shoved off PKB manufacture...

I am happy it bridged the gap with some renewed interest in PKBs which I would hope to see persisting...
    10-30-19 05:31 PM
    BlackBerry already gave up on that market in 2016. They left the building.

If licencees want to take a shot at it, they are welcome - but BlackBerry doesn't want to have anything to do with it (apart from supplying software when paid to do so).
    Perhaps Chen is now changing his mind? 🤔
    10-30-19 07:04 PM
    sorry… I've been befuddled for years… confusion has its merits

BlackBerry plants its name on the device, not TCL.. if it is not likeable, people decry the namesake, not the company most (myself included) never heard of before BlackBerry shoved off PKB manufacture...

I am happy it bridged the gap with some renewed interest in PKBs which I would hope to see persisting...
    Yes. One of the risks when licensing your brand is reputational risk. The licensee may represent you poorly. The license terms may include some protections, but there is no way to avoid the risk.

The lack of continued support for BlackBerry Android phones by its licensees may hurt BlackBerry's reputation with consumers. They knew that when they signed the deals and decided it was worth the risk. That decision was made easier by the fact that they had no plans to return to the consumer phone market.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    10-30-19 07:11 PM
    wait for autoloader ACF601 !!!
    11-01-19 07:47 PM
    wait for autoloader ACF601 !!!
    There won't be one. This build is for the AT&T model only.
    11-02-19 07:34 AM
    Oh i flashed my keyone bb100-2 success by autoloader at&t rom. But it didn't update OTA
    11-02-19 07:45 AM
    Oh i flashed my keyone bb100-2 success by autoloader at&t rom. But it didn't update OTA
    11-02-19 08:02 AM
    There is no AT&T autoloader. What are you talking about?
    11-02-19 08:48 AM
    Rom Keyone AT&T Autoload ABX992 from link https://bbviet.info/software/keyone-...toload-abx992/
    11-02-19 08:56 AM
    Rom Keyone AT&T Autoload ABX992 from link https://bbviet.info/software/keyone-...toload-abx992/
    I was referring to one posted on Crackberry.

I too can make an autoloader for the AT&T PRD-63116-036, but it isn't supposed to load on any other device.

Type *#837837# into your phone dialer. What is your OS build and PRD ?
    Last edited by conite; 11-02-19 at 01:13 PM.
    11-02-19 12:42 PM
    bBB_100-2. PRD 63117-015 . Os current ABY299.
    1. i flashed my keyone bb100-2 success by autoloader at&t rom
    2. I returned stock rom by Mobile Upgrade Q but my phone stuck at logo blacberry
    3. I flashed autoloader ABY299 (on this forum) and now i'm using ABY299 Rom
    11-02-19 06:44 PM
    bBB_100-2. PRD 63117-015 . Os current ABY299.
    1. i flashed my keyone bb100-2 success by autoloader at&t rom
    2. I returned stock rom by Mobile Upgrade Q but my phone stuck at logo blacberry
    3. I flashed autoloader ABY299 (on this forum) and now i'm using ABY299 Rom
    Ok. So, as suspected, you can't load an AT&T build. Case closed.
    11-02-19 11:32 PM
    I was using rom at&t normal but Ididn't like it because it didn't update OTA. i returned stock rom but my phone stucked on logo bb. I flashed rom ABY299 because ver Rom att = ver rom ABY299
    11-03-19 12:25 AM
43 12