Just received update to ACF301,On AT&T!
    10-28-19 09:17 AM
    Is it the October security update?

Cool that AT&T is still updating that thing more than 2 years later.
    10-28-19 09:53 AM

I assume they will keep supporting it while it is still being sold on their website.
    10-28-19 10:13 AM
    I assume they will keep supporting it while it is still being sold on their website.
    I would assume so too... but this is AT&T. Being a customer of theirs since the Cingular days, I have little faith in them.

But, they do occasionally surprise.
    10-28-19 10:20 AM

I assume it is. I was pleasantly surprised when it showed up this morning!
    10-28-19 10:37 AM
    I just don't understand why my silver Keyone won't update like my black one does???!
    10-28-19 10:39 AM
    I just don't understand why my silver Keyone won't update like my black one does???!
    Because AT&T never sold a silver. Only the AT&T-specifc variant is getting updates.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    10-28-19 10:46 AM
    Because AT&T never sold a silver. Only the AT&T-specifc variant is getting updates.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    Ah! That explains it, thanks!
    10-28-19 11:10 AM
    I wonder how long it'll take for them to liquidate their remaining KEYone stock...

The batches they have are probably from a while ago
    10-28-19 12:11 PM
    I wonder how long it'll take for them to liquidate their remaining KEYone stock...

The batches they have are probably from a while ago
    That's why I'm amazed that AT&T is still selling them. Considering how in less than 6 months of selling the Priv, they were quick to pack up their entire stock and ship those out to all corners of the planet.
    10-28-19 12:47 PM
    That's why I'm amazed that AT&T is still selling them. Considering how in less than 6 months of selling the Priv, they were quick to pack up their entire stock and ship those out to all corners of the planet.
    I think AT&T handles business phone inventory differently than retail. The Priv was offered in stores, while the KEYone has been Internet only. It's probably pretty easy to manage a small stock in a central warehouse. Moreover, if they have enterprise customers, they may have agreements to keep replenishment and warranty stocks on hand for a set period of time.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    10-28-19 02:17 PM
    So AT&T is paying BlackBerry Ltd for these updates? If they have been created why in the hell have they not been released to the "unlocked" versions? BlackBerry Mobile not paying? See this is where BlackBerry ltd is failing. Don't EVER get into a licensing agreement with your name on the phone IF your not going to do everything in your power to support the darn things..
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-28-19 02:34 PM
    So AT&T is paying BlackBerry Ltd for these updates? If they have been created why in the hell have they not been released to the "unlocked" versions? BlackBerry Mobile not paying? See this is where BlackBerry ltd is failing. Don't EVER get into a licensing agreement with your name on the phone IF your not going to do everything in your power to support the darn things..
    BlackBerry Mobile paid for 24 months of support. That's it.

AT&T made a different arrangement - although they've only paid for security patches, as they haven't received an OS update since August of 2018.
    10-28-19 02:37 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile paid for 24 months of support. That's it.

AT&T made a different arrangement - although they've only paid for security patches, as they haven't received an OS update since August of 2018.
    So here's the rub. BlackBerry Mobile and BlackBerry ltd partner on the "most secure" Android device and charge accordingly and then that all goes out the window @ 24 months. Beyond wasteful.
    10-28-19 03:27 PM
    So here's the rub. BlackBerry Mobile and BlackBerry ltd partner on the "most secure" Android device and charge accordingly and then that all goes out the window @ 24 months. Beyond wasteful.
    Well, 24 months was stated on their website and in the literature from day one.

I suppose they felt it wouldn't sell for the added price an extra year would have cost them.
    10-28-19 03:35 PM

I suppose they felt it wouldn't sell for the added price an extra year would have cost them.
    The "Enterprise Program" the KeyOne was/is a part of is 24 months? I believe it's 36 is it not?
    10-28-19 03:45 PM
    any autoloaders for the rest of us?
    10-28-19 03:46 PM
    The "Enterprise Program" the KeyOne was/is a part of is 24 months? I believe it's 36 is it not?
    That's between TCL and Google - it has nothing to do with us. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is still part of the program, so TCL has not mislead anyone.

If Google has made some promises about the program, and has chosen not to enforce them, you'll have to take that up with Google.

TCL has been unequivocal since the start - 24 months of updates.
    10-28-19 03:46 PM

BlackBerry Mobile and BlackBerry ltd already added substantially to the cost of the devices with the hardware utilized. I have no issue with my BE KeyOne build, the speed of the 625 and the excellent battery life. I do have issue with 13 months security updates on the even more "Premium" Black Edition (4GB/64/GB) NA version available for purchase March of 2018 (yeah I know the silver released prior but that SHOULDN'T even be relevant as the BE could not be purchased until March '18) and April '19 was (so far) the last official security patch released. It's BS through and through. These companies know when a new device is activated the very first time the clock for updates for that new user should start then!
    10-28-19 03:53 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile and BlackBerry ltd already added substantially to the cost of the devices with the hardware utilized. I have no issue with my BE KeyOne build, the speed of the 625 and the excellent battery life. I do have issue with 13 months security updates on the even more "Premium" Black Edition (4GB/64/GB) NA version available for purchase March of 2018 (yeah I know the silver released prior but that SHOULDN'T even be relevant as the BE could not be purchased until March '18) and April '19 was (so far) the last official security patch released. It's BS through and through. These companies know when a new device is activated the very first time the clock for updates for that new user should start then!
    Every single phone company on planet earth starts the clock running on launch day. If you buy a KEY² Red this afternoon, you will only have 8 or 9 updates left. That's just the way it is.

The Pixel 3 will get patches until October 2021. It doesn't matter if you bought one a year ago, yesterday, or a year from now.
    10-28-19 03:55 PM
    One key (pun not intended) difference is that the Lollipop Priv had high rates of return while AT&T received their KeyOnes after bugs such as screen detachment were ironed out.
    10-28-19 04:57 PM
    One key (pun not intended) difference is that the Lollipop Priv had high rates of return while AT&T received their KeyOnes after bugs such as screen detachment were ironed out.
    This is a good point. The reviews on AT&T's site are very positive, so AT&T is still happy to offer the phone via its Web store.

I would have liked WiFi calling, but otherwise support for the phone has been great, and I'm perfectly happy with security patches only, as Oreo works well enough for me.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    kakalat2009 likes this.
    10-28-19 08:35 PM
    BlackBerry the "security" company leaving the bulk of a relatively recent flagship in the wind over their insane monetization scheme... that's a shame, at best.

AT&T, some calling a slimy company, stands up in this case. BlackBerry takes another on the chin. Their name is on it !!
    bh7171 likes this.
    10-29-19 03:09 AM
    Oh wait export autoload
    10-29-19 05:06 AM
    BlackBerry the "security" company leaving the bulk of a relatively recent flagship in the wind over their insane monetization scheme... that's a shame, at best.

AT&T, some calling a slimy company, stands up in this case. BlackBerry takes another on the chin. Their name is on it !!
    This is so confusing to me.

BlackBerry Limited has absolutely nothing to do with the products of their licencees.

This "scheme" brought us keyboard devices for a few more years, so I'm thankful.
    10-29-19 07:19 AM
43 12