Just got my Keyone a couple of days ago. A difficult start. First one was stolen during delivery. Second one arrived fine :-)
    The first day I was a happy camper. The Keyone ran smooth, fast, with no noticable bugs.
    I don't install much apps. Mostly use this phone for business.

The next morning it downloaded an update. I went ahead and did that.

After that things went bad. The Keyone suddenly felt very slow. My clock was off by 6 hours or so. I found out that the automatic timezone was no longer working. Had tot set it to manual. In the message app there is a setting for the country. This was also set wrongly to Canada.

So, now I have a slow phone. Even after another day of using it, is still slow :-(
    The lag is when starting apps. It takes many seconds now for most apps to launch completely. Hub takes about 4 seconds if it is not started in the background already. Apps like Allo take even longer.

Once inside an app, things run fine. Unlocking with fingerprint is also still fast. So it seems it only affects launching apps that are not running yet.

Anyone else has this? Any suggestions? Don't want to reset the phone, because it takes too much time to setup everything like I want.
    06-26-17 03:37 AM
    Have you reboot the device?
    06-26-17 03:49 AM
    Multiple times already :-)
    06-26-17 04:27 AM
    i also have to set the time zone to manual. They only 'app' that's lagging with me is Pokémon Go.
    06-26-17 04:58 AM
    My only issue is losing VOLTE! Prior to the update had Lte+!? Im with Rogers Wireless.
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 06-26-17 at 10:02 AM.
    06-26-17 07:39 AM
    AAL682? which version of the device do you have? And which patch month is that? I'm on June patch and it's AAL483.
    06-26-17 07:44 AM
    AAL682 is European update i think
    06-26-17 07:56 AM
    AAL682 is European update i think
    You are correct, I'm on the same version.
    06-26-17 08:38 AM
    mine seems OK. just updated to that version a few weeks ago.

Edit: -2 Version
    Last edited by Backprop; 06-26-17 at 04:52 PM.
    06-26-17 10:11 AM
    No issues for me as well, but than again I spent about 1 hour on the May built before I updated, so I can't really tell if the performance was affected or not, so far no issues what so ever, aside from the fact the apps left in the recent section are closed (probably to free up memory ).
    06-26-17 12:24 PM
    I have the BBB100-2 model. Patch is June.
    Today I really had a problem with reception also. It is true what many people are reporting. In most cases this phone has about half of the reception that all other phones have on the same spot. For the first time in 10 years I had difficulties connecting to internet and making calls... Really Blackberry? I used to buy your phones because of the superior reception. After the Passport and the Priv, this is the third big dissapointment. Only thing this phone has left is the keyboard. All the rest is just sub par.
    06-26-17 04:40 PM
    Today I got an update of the app that shows battery usage and optimisation tips (this is different from the battery usage statistiscs in the settings). And strangly enough, after updating this app, and rebooting, the delays when starting apps are cut in half. It still feels slow, but it is usable now. Hub now starts in less dan 3 seconds from scratch instead of more then 4 seconds before.

I also noticed that altough the Keyone often show very low signal strenght, it mostly stays connected and usable. Somtimes inside shops, signal is cut completely however. I had phones before that became unusable slow once signal went below 3 bars. The Keyone still works fine even with only 1 bar. Still, there is surely an issue with reception.
    06-27-17 04:37 PM
    The way coverage is shown in terms of bars is definitely different than most phones, including previous non android BlackBerrys. My PRIV had much less reception than the KEYone. but the previous poster is correct, you can do more on 1 bar than I have ever seen.
    06-27-17 05:05 PM
    I have the NA version and am on Telus. excellent reception and no lag. I have about 90 apps installed. It's taken a while to get accustomed to Android but the added functionality is worth it.
    06-27-17 05:56 PM
    I feel the same way but I'm on NA AAL964, and my fingerprint scanner IS affected.
    anon(10266935) likes this.
    06-27-17 10:42 PM
    Have you tried clearing the app caches ?
    06-27-17 10:54 PM
    I'm on the AAL682 and I have the problem with my fingerprint sensor, like "twosixtyseven". The apps launch fine, but the fingerprint sensor is really slow. I hope it's only a software problem, that may solve with an update, because in this moment it takes almost 2 seconds to unlock the phone with fingerprint. So sad
    06-28-17 11:46 AM
    Wow, that's a lot of issues. I'm on the same build and my only problem is bad standby battery life... 10 hours of standby (not touching the phone at all) will result in a 16-18% battery loss.

EDIT: Oh, and the occasional deleting of open apps.
    06-28-17 02:11 PM
    I have no issue with this update. There May be something wrong with your installation. Try to reload the OS and see if anything changes.
    06-28-17 02:17 PM
    im on the same version but i have had good results. phone is much smoother and less lag that before.
    06-28-17 02:19 PM
    I have no issue with this update. There May be something wrong with your installation. Try to reload the OS and see if anything changes.
    Do you mean rebooting the phone? Yes, I tried, but no changes with the fingerprint sensor. I hope that future update may solve the problem
    06-28-17 02:35 PM
    Do you mean rebooting the phone? Yes, I tried, but no changes with the fingerprint sensor. I hope that future update may solve the problem
    No, I mean reloading the OS. Otters have more experience with this. But simply put it's a wipe of the phone and a fresh install.
    06-28-17 02:37 PM
    No, I mean reloading the OS. Otters have more experience with this. But simply put it's a wipe of the phone and a fresh install.
    Ah ok, you mean reset the phone to the initial setup? I'm reluctant to do so :-D , but maybe I'll try next days. Thanks
    06-28-17 03:16 PM
    For clarification on my previous comment, I did a factory reset and attempted to not use the fingerprint scanner, and even unlocking the phone sometimes takes a few seconds. All I did was install a few apps and disable the hub and the convenience tab or whatever it is called. I even had the phone reboot when I tried to unlock it once. I think it's getting hung up and it thought i was holding the button or something. To be honest, I have had a lot of strange issues like this.
    06-28-17 06:15 PM
    In the mean time I got some updates for several BB apps, and the phone is almost back to the original speed. I installed Keyboard browser, Clipo, and made the convenience key pull down the notification shade as some other user suggested, and now I really start to like this phone. I also use the power key to hang up calls.
    07-01-17 05:13 PM
30 12