I have the BlackBerry KeyOne Black Edition. I'm wondering when I'm due an update. I've been reading the March update had been released but I'm still on the February update.

To give you some background, I've purchased from Carphone Warehouse and I'm on EE (UK).

Am I missing something? Do I manually check every couple of days.

Edit: build number: AAV119
    Thank you
    Brian
    05-10-18 12:58 AM
    me too I am stuck on december update with silver key1 bbb-01
    05-10-18 01:15 AM
    The UK seems to have a problem with the monthly updates as mentioned on another thread ( dtek50). No one has a definite reason for this delay. For example my dtek50 was stuck on the November 2017 patch until just a few days ago. Then it received both the January and March patch one after the other a few days ago.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    05-10-18 02:56 AM
    I have KEYone Black Edition unlocked and still on February... thought it was just me.
    05-10-18 04:08 AM
    The UK seems to have a problem with the monthly updates as mentioned on another thread ( dtek50). No one has a definite reason for this delay. For example my dtek50 was stuck on the November 2017 patch until just a few days ago. Then it received both the January and March patch one after the other a few days ago.

Interesting to note, this is common with many of the Android OEMs if you surf the Android Central threads.

In regards to updates as bigger topic, Android Central puts things in amazing perspective for BBMo/TCL device owners.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-10-18 06:29 AM
    Thanks for the info. Maybe I will have a look soon.

05-10-18 09:30 AM
    As stated in other threads all UK updates, no matter who your ISP is are governed by Vodafone. you have two choices. There is an Autoloader posted here somewhere containing the April update that worked on my CPW K1, (non destructive) or wait for Vodafone to allow the release of the update.
    05-10-18 09:43 AM
    Hi in Italy Black edition unlocked is on march update :-(
    05-10-18 11:29 AM
    I too purchased my Keyone from Carphone Warehouse and on EE network (UK), spoke to EE and was informed that since EE do not stock BlackBerry, no updates will be pushed out via EE.
    05-11-18 12:24 AM
    I too purchased my Keyone from Carphone Warehouse and on EE network (UK), spoke to EE and was informed that since EE do not stock BlackBerry, no updates will be pushed out via EE.
    I believe your device is factory unlocked so updates come from BB to BBMo/TCL and then direct to your phone. I believe there is some holdup in the UK and it affects different OEMs not just BBMo/TCL.
    05-11-18 06:01 AM
    Thank you
    05-11-18 06:18 AM
    it used to be possible with Berries to pull the SIM card to bypass the carrier and get the updates directly. Is this an option anymore for unlocked devices?
    05-11-18 07:18 AM
    it used to be possible with Berries to pull the SIM card to bypass the carrier and get the updates directly. Is this an option anymore for unlocked devices?
    No.

All updates come from TCL directly. They are distributed by PRD code.
    05-11-18 07:23 AM
    With factory unlocked, the updates come from BBMo/TCL servers and not the carrier so unnecessary. BBMo/TCL is blocked from releasing to certain devices based on carrier info assigned to device or device location I would assume.
    05-11-18 07:25 AM
    Basically, the UK carriers are holding our updates hostage for anyone using a KEYone with a UK PRD number

I'm in that boat, with an unlocked Black Edition BBB100-2 with PRD-63117-035 even though I'm not in the UK and not using a UK carrier.
    05-11-18 07:55 AM
    May 5th patch AAY819 starting to appear now.
    05-11-18 11:34 AM
    Basically, the UK carriers are holding our updates hostage for anyone using a KEYone with a UK PRD number

I'm in that boat, with an unlocked Black Edition BBB100-2 with PRD-63117-035 even though I'm not in the UK and not using a UK carrier.
    Thanks for explaining better than I did... I don't understand everything but I get the general idea.
    05-11-18 02:14 PM
    As stated in other threads all UK updates, no matter who your ISP is are governed by Vodafone. you have two choices. There is an Autoloader posted here somewhere containing the April update that worked on my CPW K1, (non destructive) or wait for Vodafone to allow the release of the update.
    So who the hell gives vodaphone the right to hold non vodaphone users to ransom??
    Sure as hell somebody should be looking into this?? some sort of blackmail, surely??
    Monopolies commision?? someone somewhere must have the authority to stop this??
    05-11-18 02:20 PM
    So who the hell gives vodaphone the right to hold non vodaphone users to ransom??
    Sure as hell somebody should be looking into this?? some sort of blackmail, surely??
    At least now it seems that we know the why.
    05-11-18 02:36 PM
    Updates get pushed by device variant. There is only one device variant for the UK. You can't send an update to only some of them - it's all or nothing.
    05-11-18 03:10 PM