This is cross-posted since I posted in the Support thread earlier accidentally. (I did get a reply that the BBB100-1 is the model needed for Tmo).

What is the difference between "Unlocked" vs. "GSM Unlocked", regarding t-Mobile compatibility?

Amazon has Model BBB 100-1 listed under "BlackBerry KEYone GSM Unlocked Android Smartphone (AT&T, T-Mobile) - 4G LTE – 32GB"

Best Buy has Model: PRD-63116-001SKU: 5844003 listed under "BlackBerry® - KEYone 4G LTE with 32GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) - Silver"

I would go with Amazon, but they are out of stock and 3rd party wants $699 for a new phone.

Best Buy offers it for $549, but since it only says "Unlocked", is this the same version as the "GSM Unlocked"?

BlackBerry KEYone 4G LTE with 32GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) Silver PRD-63116-001 - Best Buy

**I did get a reply regarding the model BBB100-1 is the one I need for Tmobile, so now just needing clarification on the unlocked status and if it should say GSM in the listing.
    07-15-17 07:02 PM
    Why don't you call Best Buy and find out which one they are selling? Chances are if it's in the U.S. then it's the BBB100-1.
    07-15-17 08:10 PM
    Mine was purchased from Best Buy.
    PritK likes this.
    07-15-17 08:25 PM
    Why don't you call Best Buy and find out which one they are selling? Chances are if it's in the U.S. then it's the BBB100-1.
    The listing didn't say "GSM", so I just wanted to ask here if there is a difference in bands, etc. If the model # is the only thing that matters, then that answers my question. Thanks! ...Also, I wouldn't waste time calling Best Buy since I just don't think many employees would have any idea.
    07-15-17 08:42 PM
    So it looks like T-Mobile uses Bands 2,4, and 12. BBB100-1 does provide these. Part of my asking is because TMo didn't want to give much support for my previous Unlocked phone when reception wasn't good. It took several hours and tech support from both parties to help with the dropped calls. It was rectified, but it was a huge pain, and Tmobile just wanted to pass the blame on an unlocked phone that wasn't 'theirs'..even though it had all of the bands needed. It is a OnePlus 3T. Love it, but the virtual keyboard is driving me crazy lately since I have technical work emails.

Thanks for the help.. off to purchase now via BestBuy
    07-15-17 08:51 PM
    So it looks like T-Mobile uses Bands 2,4, and 12. BBB100-1 does provide these. Part of my asking is because TMo didn't want to give much support for my previous Unlocked phone when reception wasn't good. It took several hours and tech support from both parties to help with the dropped calls. It was rectified, but it was a huge pain, and Tmobile just wanted to pass the blame on an unlocked phone that wasn't 'theirs'..even though it had all of the bands needed. It is a OnePlus 3T. Love it, but the virtual keyboard is driving me crazy lately since I have technical work emails.

Thanks for the help.. off to purchase now via BestBuy
    Yeah you're all good from Best Buy. Phone works flawlessly on t-mobile including WiFi calling which is sometimes disabled with unlocked phones. Hopefully you get a new "fixed" batch as my may 31 keyones screen popped off after 5 weeks. Blackberry sent out the replacement though.
    PritK likes this.
    07-15-17 09:09 PM
    Yeah you're all good from Best Buy. Phone works flawlessly on t-mobile including WiFi calling which is sometimes disabled with unlocked phones. Hopefully you get a new "fixed" batch as my may 31 keyones screen popped off after 5 weeks. Blackberry sent out the replacement though.
    Thank you
    07-15-17 11:03 PM
    Well boo.. I was busy all evening and I just came back to my Best Buy cart and the phone sold out since I was last logged in. Ok.. It looks like I'm waiting
    07-15-17 11:05 PM