I agree with this. I am definitely going to push for that.
    07-28-17 10:23 AM
    It would seem that Walmart does have the KEYone for sale, according to the tweet I linked to earlier and the now updated product page (showing correct UPC code and price of 729).

I think anyone who ordered one at the 650 price should be entitled to a KEYone regardless. It's clearly an error by Walmart.

So if you get a Dtek60, take it back and demand they send you a K1 at no extra charge.
    AGREED! That's what I'm going to do when mine arrives (If it turns out to be a DTEK60)
    07-28-17 10:50 AM
    well that's a crock, $30 more for a factory unlocked version? will just use the priv.

I will just wait until the buzz is worn off, then I will get a device with none of the HW bugs for a discount.
    07-28-17 12:24 PM
    Well it's just appeared on the main CrackBerry site. So I'm going to assume Blaze has verified that this is legit. Just hope everyone doesn't gobble them up before I have a chance to order one!
    Remind me to never trust Walmart again. 2 different reps I spoke with all said KEYone.
    Apologies to anyone who ordered on my word, I did my best to check and verify. If you did order, push to get a discount from Walmart when the KEYone comes in as others have.
    Couver81 likes this.
    07-28-17 12:36 PM
    It would seem that Walmart does have the KEYone for sale, according to the tweet I linked to earlier and the now updated product page (showing correct UPC code and price of 729).

I think anyone who ordered one at the 650 price should be entitled to a KEYone regardless. It's clearly an error by Walmart.

So if you get a Dtek60, take it back and demand they send you a K1 at no extra charge.
    Unless you're in Quebec, good luck with that. They'll tell you it's a pricing error and go pound some sand.
    07-28-17 12:45 PM
    Unless you're in Quebec, good luck with that. They'll tell you it's a pricing error and go pound some sand.
    They were offering 10% off, not sure if that was in Quebec though.
    07-28-17 12:50 PM
    Remind me to never trust Walmart again. 2 different reps I spoke with all said KEYone.
    Apologies to anyone who ordered on my word, I did my best to check and verify. If you did order, push to get a discount from Walmart when the KEYone comes in as others have.
    Maybe use your executive powers to get ShopCrackberry to offer it at that price.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 01:19 PM
    Maybe use your executive powers to get ShopCrackberry to offer it at that price.

Posted via CB10
    Haha! I will try. Not a bad idea, undercut Walmart. :P
    07-28-17 01:20 PM
    Received mine today and it is a DTEK60. Will be returning it shortly.
    07-28-17 01:32 PM
    I still do not get why TCL (Blackberry Mobile) will not sell the unlocked KEYone to Canadians who are not with the major 4 service providers. Just saying?

7290, 8700, 8800, Curve 8900, Bold 9900, Passport, Priv
    07-28-17 01:41 PM
    I still do not get why TCL (Blackberry Mobile) will not sell the unlocked KEYone to Canadians who are not with the major 4 service providers. Just saying?

7290, 8700, 8800, Curve 8900, Bold 9900, Passport, Priv
    They will eventually but it's not time yet. Maybe the Walmart mishap will force em to move quicker on that.
    07-28-17 01:47 PM
    Did someone say ambush marketing? i smell a rat

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 02:01 PM
    I cannot believe how expensive the phone is in Canada.....phew
    At $650 it's actually cheaper. It's because of the current exchange rate.
    07-28-17 02:02 PM
    At $650 it's actually cheaper. It's because of the current exchange rate.
    Cheaper than were, not in the US
    07-28-17 02:04 PM
    I don't think it was your fault at all especially since you got verbal communication from them. It just seems like a bit of a flub on Walmart's part. At least they are offering people who received a Dtek 60 some options.

But add me to the people who would love to see ShopCrackberry carrying the unlocked Keyone when it eventually becomes available.
    07-28-17 02:13 PM
    Cheaper than were, not in the US
    Yes, cheaper than the US. If I'm not mistaken, the KEYone was originally being sold for $549.99 USD on Amazon. That's roughly $700 CAD before taxes.
    07-28-17 02:13 PM
    Is it the new and glue improved?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 08:03 PM
    Is it the new and glue improved?

Posted via CB10
    Just on good speculation, yes. TCL has already confirmed devices with improved screen construction are rolling out, so it's likely that the unlocked units arriving soon at Walmart and others will be of those batches.
    07-28-17 08:30 PM
    They were offering 10% off, not sure if that was in Quebec though.
    Not too shabby. Only in Quebec they are legally required to honour posted pricing errors though, hence why I made the point.
    07-29-17 08:49 AM

My thoughts exactly. Basically they fulfilled the wrong phone.
    Demand your KEYone and wait till they get stock

If they want to run small business out of business then they need to stand by their transaction. Afterall they actually charged and shipped something , now they just need to correct their error
    terminatorx likes this.
    07-29-17 09:20 AM
    Anyone with more info on this?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-17 01:36 PM
    Walmart offered 10 % off for the mix up, which added up to a price of 656.11 off their 729.99 price. Now I have to wait until it's in stock. Unless our Canadian dollar goes above 90 cents it's still a deal.
    brookie229 likes this.
    07-29-17 04:53 PM
    Is there anyone else who ordered one at 650 and still didn't receive a shipment? I wonder if Walmart caught wind of these pending orders, and corrected them internally to receive a K1 once they are in stock.

It would be cruel and bad service if they have a backlog of such orders and plan to send Dtek60s regardless.
    07-30-17 06:06 PM
    Just received this email from Walmart. Unfortunately, I already returned the unit.

===============
    Dear Walmart Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase.

Due to error, customers who ordered the Blackberry KEYone 4G LTE were shipped a different device than described on our website. For this, we sincerely apologize. Walmart is committed to getting customers the item they ordered.

If you received the incorrect Blackberry device but you have decided you do not want to proceed with this transaction, you can either return the product to any Walmart store for a full refund.

If you still want the correct device you ordered, please email Ingram Micro at [email protected]. Ingram Micro will send you a pre-paid packing slip to return the incorrect device received. Please note that your credit card charges will remain on your card until the correct device is available and shipped in mid-August.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-328-0402. Our lines are open seven days a week from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm ET.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Walmart Canada Customer Experience
    ===============
    07-31-17 01:17 PM
    I received a similar email. Looks like Walmart will honour the $650 price for those that placed an order but have not received any shipment.

Dear Walmart Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase.

Please be advised, orders for the Blackberry KEYone 4G LTE will not be shipped until the device is released in mid-August.

Rest assured, you order will not be cancelled; we just wanted you to know it will not be shipped immediately.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-328-0402. Our lines are open seven days a week from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm ET.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Walmart Canada Customer Experience

But there is now two pending transactions on my credit card for the same order. A bit troubling but I'm hopeful things will be sorted out eventually.

Unlocked Keyone - Now Available at Walmart Canada! (Updated: not currently available)-capture.png
    07-31-17 01:38 PM
121 ... 2345