I've tried searching threads for the answer but haven't found anything. Does anyone know if there has been any updates on the availability of unlocked Keyone's in Canada? BB Mobile has said June but no definitive dates.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 06:57 PM
    They are showing up on some sites. But I haven't seen any that are in stock yet.
    I'm hoping they will reach amazon.ca soon !
    Blackberry Keyone Unlocked 4G LTE Android Smartphone 12MP Camera 4.5IN IPS 32GB - PRD-63116-001 - NCIX
    06-21-17 09:01 PM
    I have assumed that the carriers have been given a one month exclusive period. I also assume that "June" includes the 30th. Happy Canada Day?
    06-21-17 09:10 PM
    I have assumed that the carriers have been given a one month exclusive period. I also assume that "June" includes the 30th. Happy Canada Day?
    I'd love that! Been waiting patiently - hope the keys work and my screen stays on
    06-22-17 12:31 AM
    I bought my device from softwarecity.ca on May 31, but have not received anything. Also I am signed up for a stock alert at another one of the online resellers this is an email alert got yesterday :

This message is to the many Cendirect visitors and customers who have requested an “In Stock Alert” for the BLACKBERRY PRD-63116-001. This is a high demand item and is currently on global allocation. Limited quantities of stock are coming in regularly and are shipping to customers with orders in the system. Last Friday the Toronto warehouse indicated 415 units were on back order for clients with orders. Tuesday that number went down to 393, this morning it was 385 and currently it stands at 374.

What that means is, while the stock is not widely available, in less than 1 week at least 41 customers who had placed orders have received their new Blackberry. I say “at least” because the distribution warehouse system does not indicate the number of new orders that may have been received, making it possible that more than 41 were shipped but additional orders were added to the backlog. For those waiting for our In Stock Alert to tell them that stock is available before placing an order, you could possibly be waiting a very, very long time. Meanwhile, customers who have placed orders in our system are receiving their Blackberry orders on a first come – first served basis.

When you place your order for any out-of-stock item on our website, you are merely reserving your place in line against future shipments of incoming stock. The sale is not billed to your credit card until the day the stock arrives in Toronto and is shipped to you. You are also free to cancel your Cendirect order, without obligation, at any time before receiving notification that your order has shipped – all we require is a simple 24 hour advance notice by email.

Your In Stock Alert has not been affected by this email and will remain open until either you are notified stock has arrived or 90 days have elapsed, whichever eventuality occurs first.

Thank you for choosing Cendirect.

Hope that helps?
    06-22-17 11:41 AM
    What's the point of giving carriers first crack? Unlocked phones are becoming mandatory in Canada. Might as well have just launched them unlocked. The wait continues...

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 06:24 PM
    Was willing to buy unlocked, now not so sure. Competition has heated up significantly since the phone was "launched" in Europe and with each passing day the pricetag becomes more obscene.
    06-22-17 06:49 PM
    What's the point of giving carriers first crack? Unlocked phones are becoming mandatory in Canada. Might as well have just launched them unlocked. The wait continues...
    The point is carrier contracts still drive the majority of phone sales and BlackBerry Mobile wants the support of the major carriers.
    06-23-17 11:06 PM