06-12-17 07:17 PM
34 12
tools
    Thanks for the info. I have dealt with some people there that are good, but lately it's a real hit and miss. When you deal with one of those folks who are sort of lost, or you get passed to the offshore call center, it's most unpleasant.
    For what it's worth, I was supposed to get a call to my wife's phone to authorize me last night, but it never happened. I called this morning, and the same rep was assigned to my number, so she apologized and took care of it all today. The staff at the local Telus shop are great and I've dealt with them for years, but sometimes it's better to go right to the source. The *611 rep I talked to went right to Loyalty and Retention without me even mentioning that I could walk into Rogers or BellMTS and get one right away. She seemed honestly eager to keep me as a customer, and even cut 25% off what I owed on my previous device to incentivize me to stay with Telus. Again, without me mentioning that I had other options. She was great, and I admit that Telus has been my best mobile provider as far as customer service goes. In the past, I've been with MTS and Rogers, and Telus seems to be much more consumer-focused.
    06-07-17 11:21 PM
    What do you think my chances are being on Koodo? I can do the open contract and cancel gig (which I could do with Bell/ Rogers) and I don't actually mind having a locked phone (as koodo doesn't support blackberry at all will I get updates at all though?).

My preference would be to buy from crackberry/ amazon unlocked, but I really want to keep Whatsapp going.

PS: the rep shop gave me this number 1-866-558-2273. I'm guessing *611 will be Telus customers only?
    06-09-17 08:48 AM
    For those of you in Canada waiting for Factory Unlocked KEYONE from Best Buy or Crackberry or Amazon or even perhaps BB MOBILE themselves - your wait is going to be a lot longer than you may have thought (or wanted). I was just advised that all shipments of KEYONE to distribution and to resellers in turn (like me) are now delayed until end of June. Nice roll out in Canada. Well done.
    06-09-17 01:11 PM
    Because of the popping out screen
    06-09-17 01:15 PM
    What do you think my chances are being on Koodo? I can do the open contract and cancel gig (which I could do with Bell/ Rogers) and I don't actually mind having a locked phone (as koodo doesn't support blackberry at all will I get updates at all though?).

My preference would be to buy from crackberry/ amazon unlocked, but I really want to keep Whatsapp going.

PS: the rep shop gave me this number 1-866-558-2273. I'm guessing *611 will be Telus customers only?
    If you can get a Telus device, it should work on Koodo. I believe that *611 on any cell will connect you to your provider. The toll-free number you have would be the way to get in touch with them from any phone.
    06-09-17 02:53 PM
    I got through on that number, the lady spoke to sales and then came back and asked for my province.

Seems Telus Ontario is out of stock and supplies in Alberta & BC are "low". I go the direct sales line so I can call back and check stock next week.

I may have to put up with a blip in whatsapp availability- but they postponed once, so who knows.
    06-12-17 10:25 AM
    For those of you in Canada waiting for Factory Unlocked KEYONE from Best Buy or Crackberry or Amazon or even perhaps BB MOBILE themselves - your wait is going to be a lot longer than you may have thought (or wanted). I was just advised that all shipments of KEYONE to distribution and to resellers in turn (like me) are now delayed until end of June. Nice roll out in Canada. Well done.
    Lol. Screen glue perhaps?
    06-12-17 11:53 AM
    Pre-ordered mine from Crackberry a week+ ago. I'm willing to wait. However, just noticed today that Crackberry stopped taking pre-orders. I was wondering what's the story with that, which is why I ended up here.

Hopefully, the build issues are fixed by the time the deliveries resume.
    06-12-17 07:14 PM
    Pre-ordered mine from Crackberry a week+ ago. I'm willing to wait. However, just noticed today that Crackberry stopped taking pre-orders. I was wondering what's the story with that, which is why I ended up here.

Hopefully, the build issues are fixed by the time the deliveries resume.
    Yeah, I was wondering what CB would do if one has a falling screen on how that would work....
    06-12-17 07:17 PM
34 12