My phone updated to Oreo last night and I was keen to see if I could enable wifi calling.

Still unable to find anything in settings including following steps from another post to try and enable.

Is this because I have unlocked?

Very frustrating. Anybody have a good understanding of what's going on with wifi calling on AT&T?

Thanks,

Roveer
    08-24-18 09:45 AM
    Did you have WiFi Calling before the upgrade?

The settings are harder to find, but they are there... but with AT&T, your not going to get WiFi Calling as they don't offer that service to unlocked phones (unless it one of the major ones that they carry).
    08-24-18 10:01 AM
    That is correct! No WiFi calling because we're on an unlocked phone not made by Samsung or Apple.

If you need WiFi calling at your home, then contact AT&T and request a microcell. They'll try to sell one to you, but explain to them that your home is a deadzone and that you need this or you'll need to switch carriers. That's what I did and I got one for free.
    08-24-18 10:15 AM
    That is correct! No WiFi calling because we're on an unlocked phone not made by Samsung or Apple.

If you need WiFi calling at your home, then contact AT&T and request a microcell. They'll try to sell one to you, but explain to them that your home is a deadzone and that you need this or you'll need to switch carriers. That's what I did and I got one for free.
    That's what I figured. I've got microcell at work and don't need one at home, but I often find myself in poor cell areas that have wifi. Would have been nice to have had it. Carriers suck. First time "unlocked" has worked against me.
    08-24-18 07:29 PM

Not anymore. Femtos discontinued A/O December 2017. Service will be discontinued probably A/O December 2018. Moving towards WiFi calling as replacement.
    08-24-18 07:48 PM
    My phone updated to Oreo last night and I was keen to see if I could enable wifi calling.

Still unable to find anything in settings including following steps from another post to try and enable.

Is this because I have unlocked?

Very frustrating. Anybody have a good understanding of what's going on with wifi calling on AT&T?

Thanks,

Roveer
    AT&T won't turn on Wifi calling on non network phones. I had this issue with them last winter and they suggested I buy a AT&T Phone to get access to Wifi calling
    08-26-18 05:16 PM
    AT&T won't turn on Wifi calling on non network phones. I had this issue with them last winter and they suggested I buy a AT&T Phone to get access to Wifi calling
    Don't feel so bad, I have the AT&T KEYone and we don't have WiFi calling either.
    08-26-18 07:39 PM