No Amazon.ca
    05-31-17 11:04 AM
    I have received an email from BB mobile saying on sale now. Clicked the buy button which​ showed me where to buy in Canada; every one but Telus
    Which is probably why they don't have an unlocked option.... yet. Carrier's wanted to have a captive audience for a short while.

That and it appears like they just haven't produced all that many yet.....
    05-31-17 11:15 AM
    I have received an email from BB mobile saying on sale now. Clicked the buy button which​ showed me where to buy in Canada; every one but Telus
    Telus does have it for business. and my rep asssured me he can get me one as a consumer from the business side. I have been with Telus for 27 years though.

BlackBerry KEYone | TELUS Business
    05-31-17 11:17 AM
    So here we are, launch day in Canada, and I can't buy this phone from anywhere except a carrier which I will not do. $1,000 from Amazon Canada? I think not.

Disappointed to say the least...
    05-31-17 11:36 AM
    Telus does have it for business. and my rep asssured me he can get me one as a consumer from the business side. I have been with Telus for 27 years though.

BlackBerry KEYone | TELUS Business
    Unlocked?
    05-31-17 12:01 PM
    Unlocked?
    No, but I don't care about unlocked or signing a contract as I'm loyal to them anyways
    05-31-17 12:12 PM
    This roll out cluster fudge has to be on TCL, no? I mean BlackBerry is only supplying the software, as I keep reminding myself.

OTOH This TCL marriage has to mean that BB and TCL are sharing some responsibilities internally and I wonder if team BB was in charge of this roll out? It seems to have their fingerprints all over it.

I would also stand my ground and never buy through a carrier (locked). My dtek60 (which is awesome) will be my last show of commitment to BB at this point. If by chance they release another device in partnership I will wait until typhoon season (CB Hype) is over before any decision is made.
    05-31-17 12:16 PM
    This roll out cluster fudge has to be on TCL, no? I mean BlackBerry is only supplying the software, as I keep reminding myself.
    I would also stand my ground and never buy through a carrier (locked).
    I used to but not anymore.
    Bill on contract $85 and up
    Unlocked $65.71
    05-31-17 12:22 PM
    No, but I don't care about unlocked or signing a contract as I'm loyal to them anyways
    Yes I have always been loyal to Telus but really dropping the ball on this one. Just talked to a rep and told her to change my personal account over to business and she said they cant. I have to sign up as a new business account.
    05-31-17 12:26 PM
    Yes I have always been loyal to Telus but really dropping the ball on this one. Just talked to a rep and told her to change my personal account over to business and she said they cant. I have to sign up as a new business account.
    That's weird, they offered to switch mine to a business account to do it, but I said no, because I have a really good grandfathered plan that I would lose if I did that. Unfortunately it seems you have to get to the right person. Did you talk to Loyalty and Retention department?
    05-31-17 12:27 PM
    I used to but not anymore.
    Bill on contract $85 and up
    Unlocked $65.71
    So the discount is for "bringing your own device", correct?

Canadian carriers were given a ceremonial slap on the wrist by the CTRC for their marketing skullduggery but the carriers just found other ways to bend Canadians over.

Still $20.00 less for bringing your own device is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
    Enjoy the KeyOne.
    05-31-17 12:38 PM
    That's weird, they offered to switch mine to a business account to do it, but I said no, because I have a really good grandfathered plan that I would lose if I did that. Unfortunately it seems you have to get to the right person. Did you talk to Loyalty and Retention department?
    Ya exactly, I did not want to change to a more expensive plan and I told them to look at my history with Telus and she said sorry they are only for business accounts.
    I'm sure I could keep calling and get someone new but this is beyond exhausting.
    05-31-17 12:39 PM
    I hear you. and annoying as hell. Telus support did just tweet this an hour ago.

"Hi Nick, the KEYone launched for business customers today. Available for consumer accounts in the near future. Stay tuned! "
    05-31-17 12:41 PM
    So the discount is for "bringing your own device", correct?

Canadian carriers were given a ceremonial slap on the wrist by the CTRC for their marketing skullduggery but the carriers just found other ways to bend Canadians over.

Still $20.00 less for bringing your own device is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
    Enjoy the KeyOne.
    Yep off contact
    05-31-17 12:55 PM
    Alrighty fellow Canucks, here is another way for you to order the KeyOne. Go to NCIX and they can special order the unlocked version for you for $725.90 cnd, but I have no idea when they will be able to get it. If you have a premium partner account like I do, the price drops down to $671.30 cnd. I'll give them a try and see.

BLACKBERRY KEYONE SILVER - PRD-63116-001 - NCIX
    05-31-17 01:07 PM
    It is worth more to BB to have carriers on board. Even if it makes us upset, they will sell more phones that way (IMHO). Pretty easy to imagine the 3 biggies having the advantage over BB, as BB likely had to almost beg them to take the device, given how poorly recent BB's have sold in Canada.

These discussions all would have taken place before the positive previes for K1 everywhere, so all BB could do was say 'Yes Sir, Mr Rogers'. I assume this is how only Rogers was allowed to to pre-orders in Canada. This Carriers also likely demanded that BB hold off selling it unlocked for some period.

I would guess the period to be a month. This means carriers snag all the people like us wanting to buy day one. After a month, most of their K1 says will be casual customers who walk into a store, see it, and renew on it; the type of consumer that doesn't even know they can buy unlocked.

It makes sense for the carriers to demand this. It makes sense for BB to cave into it. BB would have likely loved the same situation to unfold in the US, but if I had to guess, the carriers there were indifferent. Even the iphone wasn't always available unlocked. If the device sells really well, then BB will be in a stronger bargaining position for the next phone.

Yeah it sucks, but it makes sense.
    05-31-17 01:27 PM
    Nice find. I am guessing this won't ship for a month. It took them forever to get the Priv, even thought they had it up on their site forever.

Does your premium account let you drop ship? We could help get your volume up.
    05-31-17 01:29 PM
    Nice find. I am guessing this won't ship for a month. It took them forever to get the Priv, even thought they had it up on their site forever.

Does your premium account let you drop ship? We could help get your volume up.
    I am in Wetcouver, so I usually don't need shipping anyway.
    Here is a snap shot of the shipping cost for just this item.
    Unlocked Canada Pricing (9)-untitled.jpg
    05-31-17 01:41 PM
    Yes! Success!

For anyone who still looking for one. I reserved it to ship to store. Metrotown Burnaby store.

I asked to buy outright and the rep said sure!
    05-31-17 03:07 PM
    Yes! Success!

For anyone who still looking for one. I reserved it to ship to store. Metrotown Burnaby store.

I asked to buy outright and the rep said sure!
    sorry, which company are you talking about here?
    05-31-17 03:47 PM
    sorry, which company are you talking about here?
    Haha sorry forgot to mention it!

It was rogers across from LensCrafters
    05-31-17 03:48 PM
    Haha sorry forgot to mention it!

It was rogers across from LensCrafters
    dude, you with Rogers? because another guy from another thread just tried to put a fido sim into a bell keyone, and it works without unlocking, would be interesting to see if Rogers' keyone behave the same way. thanks
    05-31-17 03:50 PM
    dude, you with Rogers? because another guy from another thread just tried to put a fido sim into a bell keyone, and it works without unlocking, would be interesting to see if Rogers' keyone behave the same way. thanks
    I am with Rogers so I can't say. I don't have anyone I know that is on Telus or bell
    05-31-17 03:51 PM
    I am with Rogers so I can't say. I don't have anyone I know that is on Telus or bell
    all good, hope you get yours soon! I have decided to try my luck with NCIX since I'm not in any hurry as my priv is still happily heating up my thigh.
    05-31-17 03:55 PM
    Yep it's amazing that some on this site find the camera that good (some even compare it to the Pixel LOL) From what I've seen posted and from me actually using the Keyone for about 4 hrs last week I'd say the photo quality is decent but worse than my Priv although it's faster than the Priv and a LOT worse than my Pixel XL in every way. Either my definition of good quality photos are incorrect or the CB faithful's standards are really that low that they believe the camera is that good.
    After four hours of K1 use and that makes you a credible reviewer? What about the non-BBRY "fanboys" who rate the phone favourably? Just maybe your eagerness to belittle the phone (and BBRY) has interrupted your objectivity?
    06-01-17 11:41 AM
88 1234