Hey guys,

So I had bought the phone from Bell beginning of July got it unlocked via (unlockingcodesource) got it in 2 days worked fine.

My screen started to fall off, Sent it in for repair, picked it up last Friday and they ended up giving me a brand new device. Good because it's new! Bad because I have to unlock.

So the site I used before was doing maintenance and I tried another site. I received an email Sunday night stating they cannot find a code for me, and ask for a refund.

USC is back up so I put in a request, and was told this morning the same thing. They cannot find a code. They mentioned they have an "alternative solution"

Has anyone else ran into this when unlocking? Now I'm pissed as my keyone just sits here idol now collecting dust.

It can't be returned as I've canceled my contract with Bell as well.

Thoughts?
    08-22-17 07:47 AM
    ALSO,

has anyone received a bounce back from UnlockingCodeSource...apparently their inbox is full
    08-22-17 09:13 AM
    I'm not why you are having this issue.

I guess you could get bell to unlock it for you. Their $50 fee is quite steep, but it's still better than buying a new phone.
    Or if you wait until December (probably not a viable option), they will have to unlock it for free.
    08-22-17 09:41 AM
    I'm not why you are having this issue.

I guess you could get bell to unlock it for you. Their $50 fee is quite steep, but it's still better than buying a new phone.
    Or if you wait until December (probably not a viable option), they will have to unlock it for free.
    I unlocked it the first time, got in within 2 days, worked perfect!!

This time I'm not sure at all!!!!

I canceled my MTM with Bell, not sure if I can get into a store and ask them to unlock.
    08-22-17 09:48 AM
    I can't wait until December, it's just a paper weight for now lol!!
    08-22-17 09:54 AM
    I canceled my MTM with Bell, not sure if I can get into a store and ask them to unlock.
    I've never actually had a carrier unlock a phone for me, so I'm not positive.
    I think in theory they are still required to unlock the phone as long as it is fully paid off.
    And at $50 of revenue, I don't see why they wouldn't even if they didn't have to.
    08-22-17 09:55 AM
    I've never actually had a carrier unlock a phone for me, so I'm not positive.
    I think in theory they are still required to unlock the phone as long as it is fully paid off.
    And at $50 of revenue, I don't see why they wouldn't even if they didn't have to.
    Well, it's worth a try. If they say no, atleast we know. If they do, F ye!!

Well the phone is paid, they got that revenue (well what every % they make off the phone) but I'll give it a try. Not feeling very positive that they will help
    08-22-17 09:57 AM
    Not feeling very positive that they will help
    I'm fairly sure they are legally required to help (for a fee), so it's definitely worth a try.
    gqmovement likes this.
    08-22-17 09:59 AM
    Update: so I put my Koodo Sim back into the Keyone, nothing happened. But when I put the dead Bell into the my Priv, it gives the notice that the phone is locked "MEP Block" or something along those lines.

I remember when I first went to unlock it and put my Koodo Sim in, it said it the wrong Sim is in, do you have a code for it , etc...

Any one got any ideas??
    08-22-17 06:32 PM
    I've used Canada GSM several times with good success.
    gqmovement likes this.
    08-22-17 07:45 PM
    I've used Canada GSM several times with good success.
    Will give them a try if this doesn't work.
    Now worried if there's something wrong with the phone??

I get if I bought 2nd hand from someone, but this was through the carrier store, and one that does service through the shop...
    08-22-17 07:51 PM
    Why not just ask Bell to unlock it for free? Canadian Carriers will no longer be allowed to sell unlocked phones as of December 2017.
    08-22-17 08:01 PM
    Why not just ask Bell to unlock it for free? Canadian Carriers will no longer be allowed to sell unlocked phones as of December 2017.
    Gqmovement likely doesn't want to wait that long. Bell will most likely demand $50 per unlock for a few more months yet.
    08-22-17 08:11 PM
    Going to give them a call.
    will ask, they will probably make an excuse, then charge me $50.

Technically I could wait until end of year....but it's too far
    08-22-17 08:34 PM
    Update.

So the when I gave the history to unlock company they noted....it could be a refurb!!!!

**For anyone that has sent a phone in for screen repair, have you received a refurb?? they said this could be the case why they can't get the unlock code, but for me to find out first before proceeding.

Going to try and contact bell (9am-9pm) let's see what they can do

soooo much effort just to use this phone
    08-23-17 09:05 AM
    Further update

Called Bell to unlock...found out the IMEM on file doesn't match that of phone. After finally an hour of bouncing through departments and correcting, get a hold of the unlock dept. They helped pretty well, but then brought up an issue.......

!!!!!

The IMEM is not in their system....which mean, when there was the repair...they issued me a new Keyone....but it's not on the Bell network...

Now I need to call Blackberry to find out...what company it belongs too.

for.the.love.of.god. I just want to use my phone. If not, back to my classic

So for anyone sending in their phone, make sure ALL works before leaving the store!!
    08-23-17 01:58 PM
    Further update

Called Bell to unlock...found out the IMEM on file doesn't match that of phone. After finally an hour of bouncing through departments and correcting, get a hold of the unlock dept. They helped pretty well, but then brought up an issue.......

!!!!!

The IMEM is not in their system....which mean, when there was the repair...they issued me a new Keyone....but it's not on the Bell network...

Now I need to call Blackberry to find out...what company it belongs too.

for.the.love.of.god. I just want to use my phone. If not, back to my classic

So for anyone sending in their phone, make sure ALL works before leaving the store!!
    I was issued a non Rogers phone so WiFi calling HD calling, and VOLTE does not work because device is not listed in their system!
    08-23-17 04:26 PM
    so what did you end up doing?

2 difference unlock sites cannot unlock as the IMEM doesn't register. I got it updated finally in their system, but when the Bell unlock lady said the IMEM doesn't even register in the system, and believes it's a non-Bell.

Not sure what BlackBerry will do honestly...release the code for free??? I just want to unlock and use the phone again!!!

Will update the outcome, but what did you end up doing? Go back to Rogers for a Roger's branded phone??
    08-23-17 04:34 PM
    21:06 update
    Bell couldn't do anything and ended up calling BlackBerry.

The gave me the Canadian contact number, but once they put you in que, they disconnect you. Called the main line and they finally transfered me.

Spent about 40 minutes with a rep, who actually spent time and helped out! I sent replied to case with original imem, receipt and PRD (which still shows Bell!) Emailed it over and now the BlackBerry powers at be are to let me know if they'll unlock it.

let's allllll hope
    08-23-17 09:11 PM