I still can't find an explanation for the icons that look like a keyhole, a fan blade, a circle that is open at 9:00, and some others I don't know how to explain. None of these are addressed in the user guide. Thanks in advance.
    01-19-18 08:29 AM
    Could you post a screenshot? Not seeing any of those icons on my KEYone.

I still can't find an explanation for the icons that look like a keyhole, a fan blade, a circle that is open at 9:00, and some others I don't know how to explain. None of these are addressed in the user guide. Thanks in advance.
    01-19-18 08:48 AM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13087705

In that thread, there is an explanation of finding icon descriptions in the Help app.

Note, also, the link for BBM icons: BBM icons : BBM
    01-19-18 10:19 AM
    Could you post a screenshot? Not seeing any of those icons on my KEYone.
    I figured out how to do a screen shot but then couldn't find it to attach it to a return email. Maybe you could explain? I am very vexed by this phone, even after 4 months. But it sure takes fantastic photos - light years ahead of my husband's iPhone 7.
    01-19-18 10:22 AM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13087705

In that thread, there is an explanation of finding icon descriptions in the Help app.

Note, also, the link for BBM icons: BBM icons : BBM
    Thanks. I don't see anything there that matches what I'm looking at (and it looks like list is cut off).
    01-19-18 10:25 AM
    Thanks. I don't see anything there that matches what I'm looking at (and it looks like list is cut off).
    The directions are to look on your phone.
    01-19-18 10:28 AM
    I figured out how to do a screen shot but then couldn't find it to attach it to a return email. Maybe you could explain? I am very vexed by this phone, even after 4 months. But it sure takes fantastic photos - light years ahead of my husband's iPhone 7.
    I'm guessing you mean in a "thread" not in an email....anyway it took me a while to figure out how to attach a screenshot...found it by accident...or more specifically...being more observant...lol. This works for me, I presume it works for everyone....when replying...there is (should be) a paper clip above your response.... Click it and you have the ability to attach a document/picture. Sample screenshot attached
    Attached Thumbnails Unidentified icons at top of screen-notable-00028.jpg  
    01-19-18 10:31 AM
    I'm guessing you mean in a "thread" not in an email....anyway it took me a while to figure out how to attach a screenshot...found it by accident...or more specifically...being more observant...lol. This works for me, I presume it works for everyone....when replying...there is (should be) a paper clip above your response.... Click it and you have the ability to attach a document/picture. Sample screenshot attached
    When I hit the paper clip, the choices are Picture, Video, Audio, File, Contact, Take a photo, and Attachment from Hub. The screenshot is nowhere to be found. This phone leaves me in tears. I am much less productive on this than my beloved Bold.
    01-19-18 10:42 AM
    When I hit the paper clip, the choices are Picture, Video, Audio, File, Contact, Take a photo, and Attachment from Hub. The screenshot is nowhere to be found. This phone leaves me in tears. I am much less productive on this than my beloved Bold.
    As I am doing right now, I often go to my laptop to answer emails. It's too confusing - or impossible - from the phone.
    01-19-18 10:43 AM
    I have this issue too. What I found is that when I click the Paperclip, I follow this route:

File > On the left tap "Files" > SD Card > Pictures > Screenshots > Select the appropriate screen shot

Hope this helps!
    FF22 and sethr like this.
    01-19-18 10:52 AM
    As I am doing right now, I often go to my laptop to answer emails. It's too confusing - or impossible - from the phone.
    I love the Microsoft Outlook app for e-mails. Hub is just too messy, in my opinion.
    01-19-18 10:53 AM
    So your responding using an email....my instructions were using the Crackberry App on the phone. Not sure you screenshots would be on your laptop. I would think you first have to email the screenshot to yourself from the phone, then save it so you can find it to attach in your email
    01-19-18 10:58 AM
    I have this issue too. What I found is that when I click the Paperclip, I follow this route:

File > On the left tap "Files" > SD Card > Pictures > Screenshots > Select the appropriate screen shot

Hope this helps!
    When I tap San Disk SD card, there's nothing that says Pictures or anything close. ???
    01-19-18 10:58 AM
    When I tap San Disk SD card, there's nothing that says Pictures or anything close. ???
    So you don't have anything saving to your SD Card? Then push the back key and select the other option (if there is one). The other one should have your Pictures folder, along with several other folders.
    01-19-18 11:00 AM
    So your responding using an email....my instructions were using the Crackberry App on the phone. Not sure you screenshots would be on your laptop. I would think you first have to email the screenshot to yourself from the phone, then save it so you can find it to attach in your email
    I tried to answer you from the phone after I took a screen shot, but couldn't figure out how to find it and attach it. So I switched to my computer.
    01-19-18 11:00 AM
    So you don't have anything saving to your SD Card? Then push the back key and select the other option (if there is one). The other one should have your Pictures folder, along with several other folders.
    OK I found it (!!!) but then when I tried to send it it says the address is not found. How do I reply to this forum from my phone???
    01-19-18 11:07 AM
    Install the Crackberry app from the PlayStore and sign in?
    01-19-18 11:12 AM
    I tried to answer you from the phone after I took a screen shot, but couldn't figure out how to find it and attach it. So I switched to my computer.
    Hmmmm....yes, I had (and continue to have) difficulty with screenshots....it depends how you create it....I use Notable.... I programmed the Convenience Key to take the screenshot.... Once done, I can save it in "pictures" or a folder labelled "screenshots". Not sure if I created the " screenshots" folder. I know when I'm browsing the phone using Solid Explorer file manager, I will find screenshots in both folders. I hope I have not confused you even more with this long discourse.

Edit. Based on the responses before mine, you're on the road to figuring this out.
    Last edited by fixit1971; 01-19-18 at 02:14 PM.
    01-19-18 11:24 AM
    get app "Silent ScreenShot"
    01-19-18 01:28 PM
    ya the little icons at the top of the screen, they are notifications, swipe down and you will see an explanation for each one, at the bottom there will be a clear all icon, once those notifications are gone for you will only see a few little icons on the right side such as wifi Bluetooth carrier, hope that helps
    FF22 likes this.
    01-19-18 04:11 PM
    Some of that may change with Oreo.
    01-20-18 10:17 AM