There is an option which I really liked on my previous phone (iphone) and it was the ability to see someone's text message or email pop up on my lock screen with only minimal info showing up (name or phone number for instance). I could identify the sender but the content of the message remained hidden. I found that very useful especially during meetings. The KEYone's equivalent is 'keep sensitive content hidden'. The only problem is no info whatsoever shows up on the lock screen, just something like 'content hidden': basically, you just got a message but you have no idea what it is or who it is from. Pretty unhappy about no other more convenient option being offered.
    06-19-17 05:26 PM
    i think its better this way... i dont need anyone to know who texted me.

This way i dont need to answer any questions...
    portplayer likes this.
    06-19-17 06:38 PM
    i think its better this way... i dont need anyone to know who texted me.

This way i dont need to answer any questions...
    I understand but what's the point of being alerted that you have a message and not know if you should answer immediately or not ? You might as well cancel all notifications showing up on your lockscreen...anyway, I got really used to it on my previous phone and just miss it now.
    06-20-17 06:00 AM
    There is an option which I really liked on my previous phone (iphone) and it was the ability to see someone's text message or email pop up on my lock screen with only minimal info showing up (name or phone number for instance). I could identify the sender but the content of the message remained hidden. I found that very useful especially during meetings. The KEYone's equivalent is 'keep sensitive content hidden'. The only problem is no info whatsoever shows up on the lock screen, just something like 'content hidden': basically, you just got a message but you have no idea what it is or who it is from. Pretty unhappy about no other more convenient option being offered.
    Are you using the stock sms app?

Try textra because it should allow you to do what you are asking about
    portplayer likes this.
    06-20-17 07:17 AM
    I'm currently using Yaata and I like it. I had Textra for a while but got annoyed by the top screen window only when using the HUB. It looked like a bug but it seems to be how text messages open up on your screen in the HUB. Thanks for pointing that out though, I'll see if Yaata lets you personalize the way notifications show up on the lock screen.
    06-20-17 07:47 AM
    The small window in hub issue has been fixed in Textra now. You get a full sized window overlay.
    06-20-17 10:27 AM
    I prefer it this way tbh. So if anyone has my phone they can't see who's texting me. The privacy is important to me
    06-20-17 10:40 AM
    My workaround (for texts at least) is color coding important people with Textra. For example, my girlfriend is light blue, one of my good friends is dark gray, and my team members are green. When I'm doing something that requires me to "hide sensitive information," when a message notification pops up, it will show their color. If I see light blue, I know it's my GF and so on. If I see the default color, I'll ignore it.

Again, this is my workaround, but I see how annoying it can be by default.
    anon(9175377) likes this.
    06-20-17 10:52 AM
    My workaround (for texts at least) is color coding important people with Textra. For example, my girlfriend is light blue, one of my good friends is dark gray, and my team members are green. When I'm doing something that requires me to "hide sensitive information," when a message notification pops up, it will show their color. If I see light blue, I know it's my GF and so on. If I see the default color, I'll ignore it.

Again, this is my workaround, but I see how annoying it can be by default.
    Cool I didn't know you can do that. Even more private loll

So you can set it so that name and content hidden but an icon with colour still shows up?
    06-20-17 12:51 PM
    Cool I didn't know you can do that. Even more private loll

So you can set it so that name and content hidden but an icon with colour still shows up?
    Exactly!
    06-20-17 12:52 PM
    Yaata does it. Check the apps settings and notifications.. Make sure advanced is turned on.
    06-20-17 01:08 PM
    Yaata does it. Check the apps settings and notifications.. Make sure advanced is turned on.
    Attached Thumbnails unhappy with 'keep sensitive content hidden' option for lock screen-26233.jpg  
    06-20-17 01:09 PM
    Exactly!
    Thanks!

Just noticed you can also set the ring tone, led color, and icon color and even the bubble colours for each contact as you desire!!!

This is like os7 advance os led but at the next level!!! Woooot
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-20-17 02:03 PM
    On Keyone there are two levels of notification control

1) Global settings for all notifications are controlled via Settings>Notifications>Settings "Cog">"
    lock screen"
    unhappy with 'keep sensitive content hidden' option for lock screen-screenshot_20170726-133905.jpg

2) And then App by app controls e.g. for Hub click the Hub app from list and then select "lock screen"
    unhappy with 'keep sensitive content hidden' option for lock screen-screenshot_20170726-133944.jpg
    07-26-17 01:45 PM