I also carry dual phones (Pixel XL) and use it more like a mini tablet and for taking pictures or videos. The K1 is my daily driver nonetheless.
    You'd be surprised at how ignorant people are of this sort of situation.

I personally am happy having one Phone for everything, but I know for many it's better to split the 2, especially if you do want both a PKB but also a large display.

As long as that setup is working perfectly for you, I say enjoy it both good phones at what they do. Less a chance of getting bored to.

It's not that hard. Basically you need a water resistant membrane between the keys and the contacts. If I remember it well, some Nokias from the sports series had water proof keyboards.
    Moreover my Dell laptop have a water resistant keyboard and it has more and bigger keys than the K1 šŸ˜
    Indeed.

I think it's more a cost issue. OnePlus also have not made the OnePlus 5 water or dust resistant, I guess doing this comes at a higher manufacturing cost.

I personally believe all phones should have been made Water and Dust Resistant from long ago, especially for those of us who live in area's that get a lot of rain and humidity.
    06-25-17 07:56 AM
    Nice unbiased review, thanks for sharing it.
    06-25-17 07:58 AM
    I have found the mono speaker to be mainly an issue if I'm using it as a speaker phone. It should be louder.
    06-25-17 08:03 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Excellent review and look forward to your video!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 08:03 AM
    thanks for the review, and the -following - tips concerning multitasking.
    06-25-17 08:13 AM
    Great write up. For emojis, hold the 0 key.
    You sir, thanks for the input šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰
    06-25-17 09:47 AM
    love the review, I'm a massive fan of my KeyOne but wondering what the advantage is of changing the launcher? in addition how do I change the LED light?
    I find the stock launcher (of any Android) to have larger icons than I like. So I have set a 8 x 8 grid for icons instead and removed the dock. I now have a couple icons on my screen(ones I use on a regular basis), then have a Swipe up gesture that Nova allows and it's set to open the app drawer. Swipe down from the main screen will toggle the notification menu. I also have a lot more customization options than that. I'll attempt to show on the video I'll make. For LED notification change, I've used Lightflow(the free version). I will say this: I miss BeBuzz's LED app that was on BBOS/BB10. You can make it so your LED's light up differently in a disco kind of fashion(I had the Police one, if anyone knows what I'm talking about then you'll know how cool that was).. When I got a text my LED would light up like a Police squad car's light/led bar. It was cool, and distinctive. I am hoping BeBuzz releases an Android version, or someone out there copies the app. Having my LED light up every couple seconds is cool, but miss how it functioned before..
    06-25-17 10:05 AM
    Great read . Waiting for this to launch in south Africa.
    06-25-17 10:15 AM
    You'd be surprised at how ignorant people are of this sort of situation.

I personally am happy having one Phone for everything, but I know for many it's better to split the 2, especially if you do want both a PKB but also a large display.

As long as that setup is working perfectly for you, I say enjoy it both good phones at what they do. Less a chance of getting bored to.

Indeed.

I think it's more a cost issue. OnePlus also have not made the OnePlus 5 water or dust resistant, I guess doing this comes at a higher manufacturing cost.

I personally believe all phones should have been made Water and Dust Resistant from long ago, especially for those of us who live in area's that get a lot of rain and humidity.
    IMHO, the presence of water will change the capacitance of the KB, that will lead to less accuracy of the swipe... not just the cost... there might have other issues.
    06-25-17 12:13 PM
    nice review. so glad to see K1 beat both S8 and Pixel in the wild. Sony camera always rocks. As for OLED, unless you are willing to get pink screen like s8, there might be problem at later stage of device life. the 3 color OLED degrated not the same... that is possibly why sammy use pink screen.. engineering save the weakest OLED life to balance it out some what... I, personally, would stay with IPS-LCD if I want it to be my daily driver for more than 3 years. Well, we agree to be disagree on the display. (I am not the one change device every 2 years).
    06-25-17 12:18 PM
    I've now had my KeyOne for "one" week...and it's an amazing phone. Agree with the OP on most of his points...Others have mentioned the speaker and low volume and I"ll second this. However went for a run this morning for the firs time carrying my K1 with wireless bluetooth speakers and the volume rocks. So than tha actual phone volume when on speaker phone that needs a nice volume adjustment, everything else about this phone is spot on.

I had become worried after pre-ordering on Amazon about the screen, volume and other issues. Maybe I'm a lucky one but the build quality of this phone is excellent. This is easily the best BB of the new line-up. Hands down better than PrIv..For anyone thinking about purchasing but on the fence, all I'll say is do it! You will not be disappointed....quality quality phone. I run two businesses seamlessly on this phone.
    06-25-17 12:32 PM
    K1 made it top to category of work horse.
    Best Android Phone For Long Battery Life
    http://a.mynews.ly/!DcD.GGr6K

Posted via CB10
    06-26-17 12:30 PM
37 12