Hi Conite and RK_BB,

I'd love to do a reset but don't know how to on a mac. I don't have parallels installed either. :/
    You do not need a Mac or PC in order to wipe your device and reinstall.
    08-17-18 08:28 PM
    I do have Facebook, yeah, but I don't use it often at all.
    not important whether you use it or not, important is that it's installed and prepared in background.

Uninstall it and use Facebook Lite or their web app just to see if the problem persists.
    08-19-18 05:52 AM
    Oreo has been running like a charm. I also agree with another poster to delete the Facebook app and install Facebook lite. good luck
    08-19-18 06:04 AM
    You do not need a Mac or PC in order to wipe your device and reinstall.
    That's true, but what about the backup? All apps, emails. etc?
    09-10-18 05:03 PM
    That's true, but what about the backup? All apps, emails. etc?
    It should be all in the cloud.
    Devil likes this.
    09-10-18 05:04 PM
    It should be all in the cloud.
    Ok, so I formatted and used that account to return and all I got is my apps and contacts. My actual home screen settings, and all the other stuff I'm supposed to get aren't there!!

Help please!
    09-10-18 11:46 PM
    Ok, so I formatted and used that account to return and all I got is my apps and contacts. My actual home screen settings, and all the other stuff I'm supposed to get aren't there!!

Help please!
    Home screen (Launcher dependent) and general phone setup aren't backed up; only data such as apps and files (provided they are saved on a cloud sync app) are backed up.

Launcher backup is a long requested feature that hopefully BlackBerry will give us one day.
    09-10-18 11:53 PM
    Home screen (Launcher dependent) and general phone setup aren't backed up; only data such as apps and files (provided they are saved on a cloud sync app) are backed up.

Launcher backup is a long requested feature that hopefully BlackBerry will give us one day.
    So you mean the actual phone settings, ringtones, app settings, wallpaper, app icon placement, app icon placement of folders, etc are all gone?
    09-10-18 11:56 PM
    So you mean the actual phone settings, ringtones, app settings, wallpaper, app icon placement, app icon placement of folders, etc are all gone?
    Yup. Sorry!
    09-10-18 11:59 PM
    Yup. Sorry!
    That's nuts!
    So after all this time, BlackBerry doesn't have a proper backup and restore app that takes away all restore headaches??!?
    09-11-18 12:03 AM
    That's nuts!
    So after all this time, BlackBerry doesn't have a proper backup and restore app that takes away all restore headaches??!?
    Unfortunately that's accurate.
    09-11-18 12:20 AM
36 12