Received the KeyOne yesterday and the device is great, but my Etisalat BlackBerry package does not work. Put in the APN as well but no luck. Anyone else facing this issue?
    05-22-17 01:28 PM
    It's not that kind of BlackBerry...

A number of PRIV owners found that those BlackBerry package that worked for BBOS and BB10 devices, would not work for the PRIV. Had to get another plan. Suggest you look online at their plans for Android phones, and then give them a call. Maybe they can make a simple change....
    What phone were you using before this?
    05-22-17 01:40 PM
    It's not that kind of BlackBerry...

A number of PRIV owners found that those BlackBerry package that worked for BBOS and BB10 devices, would not work for the PRIV. Had to get another plan. Suggest you look online at their plans for Android phones, and then give them a call. Maybe they can make a simple change....
    pkcable likes this.
    05-22-17 01:40 PM
    It appears that either you or your carrier are confusing the new Android OS BlackBerry branded KEYone with the old BlackBerry OS phones which did not work like other phones and required a special carrier plan.

This confusion remained an issue even after BlackBerry switched to the newer BlackBerry 10 OS which also didn't need a special carrier plan.

The KEYone is an Android phone just like Samsung and many other popular phone brands.
    05-22-17 02:07 PM
    I have used the PRIV, Dtek 50 with the blackberry plans and they work well. That's why I got the KeyOne.

I also have used almost all the BlackBerry 10 OS phones with the same package and it worked there also.
    05-22-17 03:14 PM
    Why would you use priv/dtek with BLACKBERRY package?

Is it cheapen than regular sim only plan for android? What advantages?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-17 04:40 PM
    Hi, I have the blackberry global package but I'm still unable to configure it on my Keyone. Any suggestions ?
    05-22-17 05:30 PM
    Hi, I have the blackberry global package but I'm still unable to configure it on my Keyone. Any suggestions ?
    Yes, make sure your carrier knows (or at least treats) the KEYone like an ordinary Android phone and not a "special" BlackBerry phone.

If you have to choose a specific BlackBerry device (they probably don't know about the K1 yet) choose an existing BlackBerry Android device such as the PRIV, DTEK50 or DTEK60.
    05-22-17 05:37 PM
    I have the same problem for over a week and just received a call from Etisalat saying the ketone is an android phone and package is only valid for BlackBerry OS. They really don't know how to handle this, been using the PRIV for a year without any problems.
    Yes I have a blackberry unlimited global package.
    05-23-17 01:27 AM
    Love the Keyone and don't want to go back to my lousy PRIV
    05-23-17 01:30 AM
    Why would you use priv/dtek with BLACKBERRY package?

Is it cheapen than regular sim only plan for android? What advantages?

Posted via CB10
    I have a BlackBerry Global Data package so when I travel I don't pay for my data, that's why we all stick with these plans. Apparently I have now found out that the devices I have purchased from the retailer are not meant to be used in UAE
    05-23-17 01:50 AM
    From where did u buy it?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2205
    05-23-17 02:33 AM
    I have a BlackBerry Global Data package so when I travel I don't pay for my data, that's why we all stick with these plans. Apparently I have now found out that the devices I have purchased from the retailer are not meant to be used in UAE

KEYone doesn't work that way. It doesn't use a BlackBerry proxy for email and web.
    Simply setup a normal APN and ask for a regular Android SIM card package.
    05-23-17 03:00 AM
    It wouldn't surprise me if this was planned, as Etisalat is trying to get everyone off the old BIS plans.
    05-23-17 07:25 AM
    I have the same problem, i was using the Priv for the last year and half, just got the Keyone, it did not work, returned back I communicated with Etisalat, and they informed that it is still not supported by the normal blackberry bundles, and they are currently working on it. no expected date though. please keep me posted if you know anything.
    05-23-17 10:47 AM
    Yes, i also have this feeling
    05-23-17 10:47 AM
    Any update here?

I have been this morning in Etisalat and they told me that the old unlimited global package works with the new blackberry. The sales rep told that me he had seen it with a customer that bought a phone last week. He said that because is working on the priv and DTKE50 and 60 it has to work on the Keyone. He told that the in case it wouldnt work i just need to bring the phone to ' reset the settings'. (sorry I dont what he meant by that)
    This info contradicts what it has been written in this thread so i am not sure what to do.
    I am currently using BB passport and I love the phone I am sure that the keyone will be my next one, but I dont want to loose my current package.

Now bi
    07-03-17 08:15 AM
    is this some sort of plan that's different than your carrier's plan?
    07-03-17 08:32 AM
    Both plans are from the same carrier. The difference is that all current plans on offer have limited data use while the plan we are using (10 years old¡) has an unlimited data use, even on roaming.
    This is the main reason majority of the people want to stick to it.
    07-03-17 02:15 PM
    Hi jlobo2000 - I have the exact SAME issue BUT i used my SIM (with global unltd data package) successfully with the BB KeyONE SINGLE SIM and faced zero data issues. However, as soon as I purchased the BB KeyONE Black edn with DUAL SIM - the DATA does not work AT ALL in either SIM slot. I even double checked the APN settings and they're identical! If I put the SIM back in the single SIM KeyONE - it works perfectly fine. I suspect the DUAL sim is simply BLOCKED by Etisalat. The techies have not been able to confirm to deny this... does anyone have any ideas?
    10-08-17 05:54 AM
    Hi Rishi, has there been any update on this matter? I bought the Key2 - Dual SIM and cannot access mobile data on my blackberry global unlimited data plan. Unfortunately, I found this post after purchasing.
    12-09-18 12:52 PM
    Hi, did some digging. the IMEI no.s of both the KeyOne dual sim as well as Key2 are BLOCKED for the Etis global roaming BIS. So... (sigh) when i travel i switch to the KeyOne single sim for the duration -_-

any one else got any solutions?
    bb2K18 likes this.
    12-10-18 01:27 AM
    Thanks Rishi, did you eventually get UAE local data to work on a dual SIM bb using the Etis global roaming unlimited and local data unlimited package?Your post today implies that you may have accessed local UAE data and the switch to a single SIM bb is required only when in locations outside UAE. I was unable to any local DATA with the key2 on my Etis global roaming unlimited and local data unlimited package as per your initial post. I have not tested it outside UAE yet but I assume roaming data will not work as well. I think I will end up buying a single SIM keyone to solve the problem.
    12-10-18 10:52 AM
    Thanks Rishi, did you eventually get UAE local data to work on a dual SIM bb using the Etis global roaming unlimited and local data unlimited package?Your post today implies that you may have accessed local UAE data and the switch to a single SIM bb is required only when in locations outside UAE. I was unable to any local DATA with the key2 on my Etis global roaming unlimited and local data unlimited package as per your initial post. I have not tested it outside UAE yet but I assume roaming data will not work as well. I think I will end up buying a single SIM keyone to solve the problem.
    Had an iPhone x data package was working fine, then bought a key2 dual sim. I use 2 Etisalat sims. So the data didn't work on the key2 , called 101 explained the situation they did some remote reset told me to restart the phone . Then the data on both sims are working fine till now.
    12-10-18 02:22 PM