We're testing a KEYone and experiencing an odd issue with attempting a call from contacts (open contact > press number to dial). The call immediately returns a fast busy signal as if the number format is incorrect. This happens on multiple contacts that all have one thing in common; the number format in the contact is +1 (area code) number. This only happens when the user travels to different destinations domestically in the US. The phone works great in his local area code. The call also works (while traveling) if the +1 is removed from contact info or when returning a missed call. This is an open phone we're using on Verizon. Any advice would be great appreciated!
    03-14-18 07:46 PM
    Yeah, try not to put the +1 in the whole phone number.
    03-14-18 09:12 PM
    It would be nice to be able to use +1 format for all contacts like I can with WhatsApp but could not with my Sprint version use it for an international contact. I had to program the US exit code etc. Have no experience using +1 within US but others on this site have posted similar stories. Think US carriers may need the source of the problem.
    03-15-18 07:09 AM
    I guess I can't speak for the US but we use the same +1 format in Canada too. All of my contacts are formatted this way and they all work. I'm curious why you're having difficulties.
    03-15-18 08:02 AM
    Thanks for your replies. I've seen a number of other posts on this issue but no definitive resolution. I contacted BB support and they told me it was a "known issue" and that they were actively pursuing a fix but couldn't provide a timeline for its release. Interestingly, I'm personally testing a KEYone this week and can't reproduce this issue - though I haven't traveled out of our local area code like the user having the issue. Odd that it works w/o fault for the user locally. Power restarting the device sometimes temporarily resolves the issue.
    03-15-18 12:01 PM
    Hello all,
    K1 on Verizon here. I have this same issue, and it only recently started. I don't believe it was tied to any updates, but it may been the update prior to AAV119 (which I am having lock screen freeze and glitchy performance issues with - separate topic). All of my contacts now have a +1 in front of the area code, and when I chose to dial a number from a web page, maps, an email link, etc., the dialer now inserts a +1 into the number, even if the number did not include this in web page. This results in an immediate drop of the call. Unlike the first post in this thread, this is only an issue for me in my local area code, which is where I spend most of my time! I was traveling last week outside my local area code and the +1 works fine. The other thing I noted is that when I dial a number from a link, I know edit the number in dialer to make the call. I only need to remove the "+" so it only has the 1 (area code), and it works fine, where as the +1 drops the call.

I've had my K1 for 7 months and its odd that this just started. I love the phone except for this and the trouble with AAV119.

I'm interested in the known issue aspect. I will try to give BB Support a call!
    03-16-18 02:45 PM