So I've been at a doctor's appointment all day today. Of course, was supposed to be just an hour but that's another topic about our hospitals in Toronto.

And keyone has gone through the ultimate test - non stop usage.

So I typed a few emails.
    Used Skype for messages, Facebook messenger, a few websites browsed. Used "Google near me" and a few other apps like Freshbooks, Stripe, etc.

I believe the phone held up well enough BUT I experienced massive lag and it got hot.

Maketh senseth?
    09-25-17 02:01 PM
    Sure, low end device trying to do all those things will get hot.

There is a reason why flagships are actually worth having.
    phuoc and rbtg like this.
    09-25-17 02:05 PM

This is not a low end device whatsoever.
    vara411 likes this.
    09-25-17 02:06 PM
    Did you have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on while sitting at the Dr? I have had the experience (here in the US) that Doctors offices, while coupled together and Hospitals as well, have a massive amount of interference with Cell Phone signals - some even go so far as to block cell signals to avoid having them interrupt with Pacemakers and other medical scenarios.
    phuoc likes this.
    09-25-17 02:07 PM

Lol. Cmon let's be real. Even a galaxy 8 would get hot.
    vara411 and RoseBud68 like this.
    09-25-17 02:09 PM

It's a middle class device, should cope with that, but at least Skype and BlackBerry services are resource hogs, and probably FB messenger too.
    Badly developed apps can render a flagship unusable.
    09-25-17 02:57 PM
    I've been getting a lot of lag when trying to do power hungry stuff like attach a video. It's starting to get on my nerves.
    09-25-17 03:01 PM
    I don't get lag or heat but I've done a couple of things (1) turn off a lot of unnecessary notifications ('breaking' news, etc.) and (2) I turn off WiFi if not connecting to a site. Item (2) is especially important. You don't want phone constantly searching for WiFi connections.
    09-25-17 03:06 PM
    I don't get lag or heat but I've done a couple of things (1) turn off a lot of unnecessary notifications ('breaking' news, etc.) and (2) I turn off WiFi if not connecting to a site. Item (2) is especially important. You don't want phone constantly searching for WiFi connections.
    Yeah I never use WiFi. I don't have fb or snapchat or any of those apps. But something is messing with my keyone. So I will have to figure out the culprit. It just recently started last few weeks
    09-25-17 03:41 PM

My KEYone never has gotten even remotely warm. Why are you always full of **** and vinegar?
    andyk350 and Al moon like this.
    09-25-17 03:47 PM
    OP. Always start with checking your battery level app to see if you can identify something that is gobbling up power. Post a screen shot if you'd like.

If you have enabled Smart Lock that will lead to increased use of the Android System as well if you have "OK Google" enabled.

Generally the first 2 items that would show in the Check Battery app would be Screen first and then phone idle (under normal usage). For the KEYone getting hot that would be considered not normal unless you are outside in 90 degree temps and using it in direct sun,
    phuoc likes this.
    09-25-17 03:54 PM
    Do you know about going into Dev settings and turning off the animation settings? Also not formatting an external card as internal storage? Both make an amazing difference.
    09-25-17 05:37 PM
    Do you know about going into Dev settings and turning off the animation settings? Also not formatting an external card as internal storage? Both make an amazing difference.
    Hi Markiee77, are you sure that formatting external card as internal storage makes a big difference ? Cause i'm having massive lag on my Keyone and I do have internal SD as internal storage.

Thanks
    09-25-17 06:30 PM
    Hi Markiee77, are you sure that formatting external card as internal storage makes a big difference ? Cause i'm having massive lag on my Keyone and I do have internal SD as internal storage.

Thanks
    Yep that was an issue with my wife's moto x pure edition. The internal sd created significant lag. Remounting as portable storage solved the problem.
    09-25-17 07:34 PM
    Yes, there was a different thread about this in another Channel and the vote was unanimous.
    09-25-17 08:31 PM
    I switched my SD card to portable and removed most of the permissions for apps to run in the background - Now my K1 runs cooler and the battery last nearly 2 days w/moderate use.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-25-17 09:02 PM
    Yep that was an issue with my wife's moto x pure edition. The internal sd created significant lag. Remounting as portable storage solved the problem.
    Thanks a lot ! I'm gonna try it right now
    09-25-17 09:33 PM
    As above, turning off the Google did wonders for saving the battery.
    09-25-17 10:10 PM
    No lag here as well , keep an eye on the cash as on every android u need to clear it weekly and restart the phone
    09-26-17 12:37 AM
    I switched my SD card to portable and removed most of the permissions for apps to run in the background - Now my K1 runs cooler and the battery last nearly 2 days w/moderate use.
    Where are the setting you are changing?
    09-26-17 04:15 PM
    Where are the setting you are changing?
    Never mind, I found it.
    09-26-17 04:56 PM
    Darkbull, any result?
    09-28-17 09:35 PM